Former LAPD officer goes over the edge

Well lets not turn this into another Bush Bashing Thread. Bush did not start any wars, if you recall the US was attacked on 9.11.2001. The Intel that the Congress had was the same as Bush. The Congress OK'd the invasion of Iraq.

So it's okay to bash Obama but not Bush? It was Bush that initiated the use of drones, started two disastrous wars, supported torture and savaged civil liberties and due process (illegal wiretapping, TSA, Guantanamo Bay, etc). Why is that relevant to this topic? Because it demonstrates a consistent culture of abuse of power, whereby scaremongering by the government and media results in the general public becoming accepting of ever more extreme infringements of the personal liberties. For instance, a recent poll suggests that a third of Americans would accept cavity searches being conducted by the TSA when boarding a flight. That's right, you can walk right onto a train without issue but step on a plane and people are happy to have agents probe their mouth, anus and/or vagina.

The same is true of policing. People aren't even slightly phased or concerned when police shoot unarmed, naked suspects; when more than forty-rounds are fired by multiple officers in execution style to take down someone with a knife; when suspects "commit suicide" while handcuffed in the back of a police car after having supposedly been searched; or when police handcuff 7-yr old children to a wall and interrogate them for eight hours, etc. People should be demanding that the officers involved in the shooting of the unrelated truck be fired and brought up on criminal charges, yet almost certainly nothing will come of it (just look at the US Davis pepper-spray incident).

You have to wonder if there's more to this for the police to shoot at that pickup when they just thought it was him in it.

With the first car they shot up (The two Hispanic ladies), they were doing a Newspaper run early in the morning (still dark) by zig-zagging across the road (to each customer), slowing down and speeding up constantly (to each customer), turning off their headlights when turning corners (as not to disturb the neighbours in the corner homes trying to sleep), turning their high beams back on when finished turning the corner (as it's dark).

After turning this particular corner, the Police were en route to protect a senior Police official who is on the hit list, see a truck of a similar description (it was dark) without headlights, then blind them with high beams after turning the corner, while zig zagging start/stop across the road.

To them, not thinking of a newspaper run, this looked awfully suspicious.

They jumped the gun by not following proper procedures for a stop and just started unloading right away, shooting up the car, hitting both women in the back, and hitting various houses and other cars behind the car they were aiming at.

I can see how it looked suspicious but absolutely no excuse to skip procedure. It is attempted murder, in the very least it is Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and I hope the officers involved are charged as such.

As for the second car that matched the description more closely, and was shot up and ran off the road but without injury, I don't know what the story is there.

I've always wondered what happens in cases like this, do the Police have to pay for the damages? What happens if a Police car is en route to an emergency with lights and sirens but still has a car accident with a citizen where the citizen would usually have right of way, but simply did not have a chance to avoid the emergency vehicle (eg: Police car ran red light without slowing down for other cars to give way) do the Police pay damages for this too? It seems that Police worldwide are given a lot of immunity to do what they want without liability.

Anyway back on topic, this serial killer is complete scum, a terrorist, his cause is not justified to commit murder, and if this really was a vendetta against particular individuals then he would not be killing his targets' spouse or innocent Police officers on patrol who have nothing to do with his gripe.

They did right by firing him because he is not fit to be a Police officer if he is capable of such things and they should have kicked him out or screened him much sooner on psychological grounds - His ex-wife knew he was a mentally disturbed... there were signs. Then again I'm sure there are plenty of other officers still serving who are Psychopaths, but instead of getting off on murder, they get off on giving out unfair tickets.

No solid proof that he killed those 2 innocent people. The person who made the call saying they were Dorner, was apparently in Washington at the time of the call. Would be very hard to get from the place of the killings to Vancouver Washington in that amount of time. Remember, his cause is how ****ed up the police are about lying and making people look guilty when they aren't. We know this to be a true fact. Don't trust the media until everything is out. It very well could have been someone else who did those 2 killings, but the police are pinning it on him just to get extra support against him. Just a theory, but plausible.

Our police are corrupt and the system they hide behind is just as corrupt and broken. Sadly, this is the only type of action that can fix the system. Unless someone thinks we can just use the broken law to fix the broken law... but I've never found that using a broken anything has helped fix itself.

• Like 1

No solid proof that he killed those 2 innocent people. The person who made the call saying they were Dorner, was apparently in Washington at the time of the call. Would be very hard to get from the place of the killings to Vancouver Washington in that amount of time. Remember, his cause is how ****ed up the police are about lying and making people look guilty when they aren't. We know this to be a true fact. Don't trust the media until everything is out. It very well could have been someone else who did those 2 killings, but the police are pinning it on him just to get extra support against him. Just a theory, but plausible.

Our police are corrupt and the system they hide behind is just as corrupt and broken. Sadly, this is the only type of action that can fix the system. Unless someone thinks we can just use the broken law to fix the broken law... but I've never found that using a broken anything has helped fix itself.

Trust but verify.

BBC News just put up a headline that the guy has been charged, don't know if that means in his absence or not, they are still talking about the pope right now

EDIT - I guess it's nothing, the pope and horse-meat are making headlines now

BBC News just put up a headline that the guy has been charged, don't know if that means in his absence or not, they are still talking about the pope right now

EDIT - I guess it's nothing, the pope and horse-meat are making headlines now

Yes, gotta get the real world stuff in that matters. You know, the head of the pedofile religion, and the second best thing to real beef :rolleyes:

Yes, gotta get the real world stuff in that matters. You know, the head of the pedofile religion, and the second best thing to real beef :rolleyes:

Damn straight

But being serious there mustn't be anything new or it would have taken over the news channel, I just saw his face with the headline that he had been charged, ripped my headphones off to listen and there was nothing more said about it

They said on the news that there was a 1 million dollar bounty on the guy. If only I knew where he was hiding.....

ONLY IF it leads to a conviction. I doubt he will live. So someone is going to be ****ed off.