IE from 4051 to XP?

if i get some time i'll give it a go, busy with exams atm so i dont have much time...

Apache-User: i think you should also fix all the bugs and go for more quality before you try release more themes etc... brilliant so far though.

if i get some time i'll give it a go, busy with exams atm so i dont have much time...

Apache-User: i think you should also fix all the bugs and go for more quality before you try release more themes etc... brilliant so far though.

jap next step is ganna be fixing all the images but that takes lots of time what i realy dont have at the moment so build 4 is gonna take a wile just wantet to fix some little bugs like the lose pixels the new theme was a little test for myself but if anyone has some extra time to work on the graphics feel free to do but send me the images so i can save some time working on them myself

I'm interested to see where this goes. I really want my browser to look like that. I tried to install it at school (win 98) and it tells me that there is a newer browser on the computer and to update the IEEXplorer.exe to run it or something along those lines.

I really can't wait till this FULLY works out.

Does anyone know where I can get the original files from Longhorn 4051? Then it'd be quick to extract the images and made this modified explorer of Apache-User's to look awesome! and Same as original...

anyone?

BuggyProgrammer: extract RAR file to seperate folder like c:\Program Files\IE Longhorn\

Then run it from there. If you have SP1 it WILL work.

BuggyProgrammer: extract RAR file to seperate folder like c:\Program Files\IE Longhorn\

Then run it from there. If you have SP1 it WILL work.

did that, doesn't work

btw who wouldn't extract it to a separate folder and run the .exe in the zip ;)

nice copy, I wouldnt mind seing a rip though, wonder if it would be much different, i guess internet options would be prettty different.

btw who wouldn't extract it to a separate folder and run the .exe in the zip ;)

lol I thought the same when I read it. Anyway, to recap.

Downloaded and installed twice. Unpacked to different locations on both occasions. Both times nothing happens when trying the executable.

I even, cos I'm that kind of guy, reinstalled SP1 today, just to make sure of things. Still nothing. I wouldn't even mind if I got an error message but nothing at all.

Have tried build 2 & 3.

Video: Matrox Nvidia GEForce 4 MX 460

Pentium 4 2.00 Ghz

512MB

Windows XP Service Pack 1a

All Latest Service Packs applied.

Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633 (SP1, Q822925, Q330994, Q828750, Q824145.)

Really Nothing unusual at all.

Is the config.bob meant to be just mindless jumble if ya open it in Notepad? I had a look out of curiosity.

i fail to understand the point of this :dontgetit: i mean, think about it... you're just using obsolete software :whistle: this was built before the PDC.

can't you guys just wait until longhorn comes out? :huh: then customize it to your liking, but until then, you're just wasting time, because you're going to have to do the same things with the next leaked build anyway...

edit: btw, windows ME is crap. if you're using it, i hope you like it. have fun with it while the rest of the world uses stable, reliable systems with windows xp...

xp sucks ass, blasterworm anyone? i use winME and win2kpro

[rant]

oh STFU with the blaster argument already. the fix was available A MONTH before the worm ever came out. if people had automatic updates turned on, they would be invlunerable within a week after the patch's release. if you're running a firewall, you're not vulnerable. microsoft sent out mass warnings about this vulnerability, steven bink sent TWO emails to everyone on his list, and the government's department of homeland security issued warnings about it as well. the fact is, if you were infected by the blaster worm or any of it's variants, it's YOUR fault. if you don't know enough about security to protect yourself, turn on automatic updates. if you do know enough about security, you would have realized the importance of that update the moment you heard about it. the blaster incident should not have happened, it only did because of people's ignorance.

[/rant]

yes,win2k can get blasterworm, i was just expressing a opinion, dont get your knickers in a knot.

You're free to express your opinion like anyone else on the forum (aside from anything that violates forum rules), but you have to expect a rebuttal to your post, I mean, c'mon! It makes absolutely no sense. Win2k can get the blaster worm just like WinXP (the blaster worm doesn't favour either OS, either), so, what are you on about? :rolleyes:

Does anyone know where I can get the original files from Longhorn 4051? Then it'd be quick to extract the images and made this modified explorer of Apache-User's to look awesome! and Same as original...

anyone?

Yep I certainly do ! - I have this build installed on my PC :)

If the author of this clone needs anything from the files I will see what I can do if he wants anything ;)

anyone?

Yep I certainly do ! - I have this build installed on my PC :)

If the author of this clone needs anything from the files I will see what I can do if he wants anything ;)

jap got it installt over here in VMware but sorry guys i dont realy have time in the next days... but who ever hast 4051 installt and has some time for ripping images from the *.dll's feel free to do i think by next week a can get some time to work on it again so if someone gets the images that would be great..

i fail to understand the point of this :dontgetit: i mean, think about it... you're just using obsolete software :whistle: this was built before the PDC.

can't you guys just wait until longhorn comes out? :huh: then customize it to your liking, but until then, you're just wasting time, because you're going to have to do the same things with the next leaked build anyway...

edit: btw, windows ME is crap. if you're using it, i hope you like it. have fun with it while the rest of the world uses stable, reliable systems with windows xp...

Yes, Windows ME is crap, but it's Linux that's the most stable of the lot for your information! :p Which reminds me, I shall uninstall LH PDC from my system and put Slackware 9.1 back on. I was using Longhorn so I could write a review on it.

You're free to express your opinion like anyone else on the forum (aside from anything that violates forum rules), but you have to expect a rebuttal to your post, I mean, c'mon! It makes absolutely no sense. Win2k can get the blaster worm just like WinXP (the blaster worm doesn't favour either OS, either), so, what are you on about? :rolleyes:

He's just saying Windows ME is better than XP I think. :laugh: