IE from 4051 to XP?

hmmmz seems like everybody is now trying to make their own IE 6.05...

asking myself why and for what?? you all could help working on my project since its not in beta statium no more and with a couple of people working together it soon be way better but if you all want to work on your own i cant help it..

but if this all keeps up with more and mor people trying to make their own project im gonna take mine of and save my traffic and time...

dont get me wrong now but would you like it?

greetz

@Illusion: Menus aint working.. I click 'File' or 'Help' or 'Tools', any of them really - and nothing happens.. WASSU-WID-DAT?! :blink:

Like I said it's an early beta and I haven't finished the menus yet, I was simply releasing it to see if there was enough interest in it for me to bother completing it since getting it as close to the real thing without it looking generic is quite a bit of work.. I liked Apache-User's take on it but the graphics were just a little bit off from the real 4051 IE.. so I came up with this one using the real graphics.. but I don't know.. I think I might scrap it though and leave the 4051 IE making up to Apache-User :unsure:

hmmmz seems like everybody is now trying to make their own IE 6.05...

asking myself why and for what?? you all could help working on my project since its not in beta statium no more and with a couple of people working together it soon be way better but if you all want to work on your own i cant help it..

but if this all keeps up with more and mor people trying to make their own project im gonna take mine of and save my traffic and time...

dont get me wrong now but would you like it?

greetz

well I wanna help .. give us the details of ur work ..and we can start from there ..

About competing browsers:

For me, I can't get the hang of BrowserBob, the free version sucks, and I'd rather have full control using VS.NET. The two competing BrowserBob browsers I have no ideas.

Myeh...it will just work better. For one, BrowserBob has sucky menu possibilities. Second, some things I have to manipulate with System.Drawing I can't do with BrowserBob. Finally, I can't get the hang of BrowserBob (it might be good for newbies and intermediate users, but it's horrible for visual tools developers) and the free version sucks.

that looks like one of the many aero themes floating around in the customising XP section... might wanna try there ;)

theres one in windowsx's lonhorn transformation thread and many more in the section

Illusion456 nice job with your Longhorn IE! Please update it soon. Thanks! :woot: :woot:

BTW can I please get your visual style. From this shot :

Well, I ended up killing the 4015 IE project, just don't have enough time for it and it's not something that I would really use anyway, and it seemed to make a few people get their panties in a wad because more than one person was working on one LOL :D who knows :rolleyes:

I'll send ya a link to the visual style I was using though.

Illusion456 nice job with your Longhorn IE! Please update it soon. Thanks!  :woot:  :woot:

BTW can I please get your visual style. From this shot :

Well, I ended up killing the 4015 IE project, just don't have enough time for it and it's not something that I would really use anyway, and it seemed to make a few people get their panties in a wad because more than one person was working on one LOL :D who knows :rolleyes:

I'll send ya a link to the visual style I was using though.

Could you please send me a link to your VS too? Thanks. :)

@Apache-User

Sadly I am still part of the crowd that can't use your custom browser. Its a pity because it looks very nice. - I have two PC's in my house, one of which uses Windows XP professional with SP1 - when you did your revision 2 of this browser it worked on that PC, but from version 3 onwards it no longer works on XP Pro ? - I also have MCE SP1 which your browser has never worked with at all.

Is there anyway you can get your next build to work with WinXP MCE SP1 ?

If there is anything you need to help make the broswer more compatible with these builds just let me know !

Cat.

All I have is this zip :

Longhorn IE

"Error 404 -- URL not found

Please check the URL (misspellings, capitalization, etc.) and try again, or if you came to this page via a link, you might try using your browser's Reload (or Refresh) button on that page in case the link has changed. If you are still getting this error after a reload, please notify the maintainer of that page notifying them of the invalid link."