IE from 4051 to XP?

OK, I have downloaded IE 6.05

I extracted the files, I run iexplore.exe but nothing happens.

The program does not run, there is not any error message, no window opens... just nothing. What am I doing wrong? :blink:

@Apache-User: I found out that in BrowserBob, you CAN use PNGs. Select All Files in the open image box and select the PNG from there. :D

does not work for me if i try to select png BB closes... but thats not the prob i fixed all images yesterday took a wihle macking pngs and then fix them up as bmp but it worked so build6 is allmost finished just one thing im working on since this morning is the popupblocker v2.0 where u can delete blocked sites but somehow it wont work like i want it to but i try again tomorow

@ thecat2000 sorry cant realy give u an awnser to bad i dont have MCE here to test but its very strange that it wont work on XP since it worked before i didnt change anything in the config ;(

greetz

ps.: hopefully sunday late night or monday build 6 is gonna be up

Oh well. Yeah, it does look nice.

Requests:

1. Use palleted GIFs. Use an image manipulation program to save a pallated GIF.

2. Menus that close when you click somewhere else (like real menus), not with a little collapse button at the bottom.

3. Use Tahoma for fonts, like the real Longhorn.

4. Use the user's home page, not Microsoft-Beta.net.

ok here it is the Build 6 got the popupblocker to work earlyer then i thougt.

@memodude

1. done

2. done

3. hmmz

4. u can set your page as normal startpage Home button is just linked to the project page

ok you all know where to find screens and dwnload have fun

greetz

Don't put it in your IE folder - it will overwrite your old IE. Just stick it in a folder and run it.

@Apache-User:

1. Maximize button appears larger than Minimize and Close buttons.

2. Maximize graphic doesn't change to Restore.

3. Menus aren't in a straight line.

4. Menus look cruddy in Aero mode.

5. Menus don't work if you click in the upper half of the button, this is because the menu pops up below the cursor and then disappears.

6. Menus should not disappear when you mouse away from the menu, rather disappear when you click away from the menu.

7. Fonts still need to be changed, especially the address bar font. Comic Sans is a joke.

8. The speech bubble button on the toolbar should start the pop-up blocker configuration, not the Page Properties window.

9. How do I set a custom home page?

10. Taskbar text needs to say "Internet Explorer", not "Iexplore".

11. Back/forward button positioning is messed up when mouse is over it.

12. Down arrow on back and forward buttons doesn't bring a history list up.

12. The toolbar lacks tooltips.

13. The history button should show history, not Organize Favorites.

14. The chevron at the bottom of the menus needs to be removed.

15. Replace "About" with a "Help" menu that has "Read Me First" and "About Internet Explorer".

16. Some menu graphics need to be indexed.

17. "Search" button should go to either Google.com or the Internet Explorer search page (usually MSN Search).

18. Toolbar button graphics have aliasing.

19. Background colors on Back, Forward, and Favorites (top-left corner) buttons don't match main browser background colors.

20. Back, Forward, and Favorites (top-left corner) buttons need to be indexed.

21. Background behind toolbar and menu items should be a gradient.

22. Toolbar/menu bar needs to be thinner.

23. All fonts in the browser need to be set to Tahoma, it looks better and is more accurate to the real thing.

24. Please change the icon to the standard IE icon.

25. Status bar needs to be thinner, also please remove build number from the start menu.

26. A progress bar needs to be added.

27. Pop-up-blocker needs to block more than just specifically-added sites.

28. A manifest for Windows XP themes needs to be added.

29. Search icon needs to be between divider and Favorites (top-left corner) icon.

30. Divider (see 29) needs to be more distinct, it is blurry.

I'll edit this post with more as I find them.

Edited by memodude

hey all

1. thx memodude :) will work on it

2. im gonna release build 7 the next days but there is not gonna be a big change im just gonna add a support window what is launched from a extra button a new special window gonna open and load a chat interface im not gonna make anyother changes in build 7 ok onemore thing like requestet im changing the font of the addressbar to tahoma.....

build 8 im gonna redo the whole thing so that means all gfx are gonna be fixed also the menu prob. so u can klick the whole button... tooltips are gonna be enabled help menu is gonna be added with direct links to chat and forum.... search button is gonna be linked to google.com.... thats the plans for right now that all will take me about 2 days of work so dont expect build 8 before end of next week sice this is not the only thing i got to do....

greetz

looks nice? but needs a lot of work...

EDIT

In case that you dont have it yet well

http://www.cedora.net/Browser-Project/IE-6-05-build0006.rar

Its valid by now... I dont know how longer that link will be alive...

why the hell u think i got mirrors up???

remove the link from your post please....

the next days all direct links gonna be blocked from the servers so linking will be disalblet please use the site and dont just use one mirror thats not the point of making mirrors....

since noone of you all is paying traffic for the mirrors leve it up to me how things work thx....

if the link isent removed within 1 hour ill shout it down!!!!

:angry:

For all these who have get it to run: How did you do this?

Mine does not run at all, but also there is no error message. It simply does nothing when I run it. I tried the following:

1) Unzipped in separate folder and run iexplore.exe

2) Unzipped in Program Files\Internet Explorer folder. After overwriting old iexplore.exe

(I also deleted the file iexplore.exe from windows\system32\dllcache folder so Windows XP File Protection did not recover automatically the original file in program files folder when I replaced it)

Still nothing :huh:

My Windows XP build and kernel version (if this helps) is:

Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633: Service Pack 1)

For all these who have get it to run: How did you do this?

Mine does not run at all, but also there is no error message. It simply does nothing when I run it. I tried the following:

1) Unzipped in separate folder and run iexplore.exe

2) Unzipped in Program Files\Internet Explorer folder. After overwriting old iexplore.exe

(I also deleted the file iexplore.exe from windows\system32\dllcache folder so Windows XP File Protection did not recover automatically the original file in program files folder when I replaced it)

Still nothing :huh:

My Windows XP build and kernel version (if this helps) is:

Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633: Service Pack 1)

It can't run.

IE is more that just the iexplore.exe program file.

Its lots of Windows files.

Did you read the first posts?

To everyone: DO NOT OVERWRITE IEXPLORE.EXE WITH THIS PROGRAM!!!!! This browser needs improvement and you'll want to go back to Internet Explorer. It's a work in progress, people!

To fix it back:

1. Temporarily unpatch any system files you have already patched. If you aren't sure you probably haven't.

2. Delete iexplore.exe from C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.

3. The WFP window will appear. Do not click Cancel! Insert your Windows XP CD and let it be brought back.

4. Use your favorite file replacement method to bring back your patched files if applicable.

5. Try re-installing SP1 to resurrect IE SP1.

I haven't tested this method myself. Tell me if it works.

I don't know why you panic. :blink:

It was just a test. I replaced the original iexplore.exe with this to see what happens. Of course I've kept a back-up of original iexplore.exe before overwriting it.

I think somebody must be very stupid, deleting/overwriting system files without keeping a back-up of them first. :blink:

Sorry, I was just afraid some newbie would download this, not realizing that it is a total work-in-progress,, plug it in to their Windows folder, then Google on how to kill WFP. :p

Here is an improved Config.BOB (@Apache-User: Thanks for disabling configuration encoding :p) that has:

- Tahoma fonts

- The "speech bubble" button changed to pop-up blocker, what it should be

- The Print toolbar button disabled so you don't accidentally print something you don't want to (like a long web page that would waste paper)

Config.BOB