IE from 4051 to XP?

He's just saying Windows ME is better than XP I think. :laugh:

How can ANYONE CLAIM an obsolete Operating System that 1000's of users had problems with eg - BSOD error's think that this is better than XP ?? - I can tell you since changing over to XP I have far few BSOD's than I ever had with WinME. Windows Me is obsolete technologies and has been replaced with a superior product :p WinMe is not as half advanced as the Windows XP technologies are. Claiming its better is just plain stupid ! :huh: (no flaming intended - I respect your feelings) but I do work with PC's for a living, and I know MOST customers don't like Windows Me ;)

Gettin a bit off topic here aren't we guys? :rolleyes:

If we wanna debate about how much XP ownz Linux and Millenium Ed., we can take it to another thread.. :rolleyes:

hey guys

Build 4 is so far ready for download.... since i dont have the time to work on right now i just fixed the images (back forward & fav.) grabed them from LH 4051... hope u all happy for the moment.

also i styled up the webpage an installed a board... feel free to add coments bug or what ever.

http://microsoft-beta.net/iexplore

hope mayor changes are comming in build 5......

greetz

freaky friday if you look in the bottom right corner there is a small tab you can click on to resize the window so the taskbar will show

it should autosize around the taskbar

Also, is anybody having trouble with the current build as far as the mouse over effects on the back and foward buttons? Mine were jumpy, I had to edit the BMP files.

On Apache-User's program:

It would be impossible to do a pop-up blocker or download manager. Why? Apache-User created it with a toolkit called BrowserBob, which doesn't have those features.

I'm working on my own version with some more functionality. Right now, just enjoy Apache-User's IE replacement, it's OK. :)

Edit: Added screenshot of my IE replacement. It is still a total work-in-progress, you don't know how dysfunctional it is until you have used it. However, I am trying to make it aesthetically equivalent, and it already has a lot of work put into it.

post-83-1069116453.png

what language are u using to code ? are u planning to make it a open source project ?

See my above post. It was created with a custom-browser toolkit called BrowserBob. If you download the trial you should be able to open the config.bob file in the IE replacement folder and edit it.

On Apache-User's program:

It would be impossible to do a pop-up blocker or download manager. Why? Apache-User created it with a toolkit called BrowserBob, which doesn't have those features.

I'm working on my own version with some more functionality. Right now, just enjoy Apache-User's IE replacement, it's OK. :)

Edit: Added screenshot of my IE replacement. It is still a total work-in-progress, you don't know how dysfunctional it is until you have used it. However, I am trying to make it aesthetically equivalent, and it already has a lot of work put into it.

hey @ll

jap its build with the tool browserbob whats still a hell of work....

@memodude it is posible to add a popupblocker u schould read the manual ofbrowserbob :)

does this loadingbar in ur screen (bottom right) work? when yes how dit u do it?

i think we should be working together not making 2 diferent projects out of it since i think u used my images and i know its hell of work getting just little things to work with browserbob.... if we work together we could make this project near to perfect i think....

greetz...

I've been working on my own version of the 4051 IE, which all of the images and functions are ripped directly out of the 4051 build... it's an early beta (I dont have the menu's or toolbar buttons finished yet except for refresh) but I thought I'd release it and get some people to beta test it for me and find problems and/or see what they think and like or dislike about it. Here is a screenshot:

BLAH.jpg

And you can download it from:

HERE

:)

I've been working on my own version of the 4051 IE, which all of the images and functions are ripped directly out of the 4051 build... it's an early beta (I dont have the menu's or toolbar buttons finished yet except for refresh) but I thought I'd release it and get some people to beta test it for me and find problems and/or see what they think and like or dislike about it.  Here is a screenshot:

And you can download it from:

HERE

:)

Hmm I'm not sure what's up with the server being so slow :huh: .. if it's still too slow to use here is a mirror:

DOWNLOAD HERE