I'm still not 100% sold on this, I love the idea of the gameplay behind it but in videos so far it just doesn't look all that good.

I'm not too sure about it either but it looks like it could be worth a shot, People who pre-order on PS4 and PS3 get to start playing from July so I'm sure it will have plenty of youtube clips of gameplay of it then and that'd give a better indication of what the game is like before its official release date in September.

I honestly would get this game to play with people on Neowin.  It wouldn't even bother me if my usual family and friends didn't bother with this game.

This seems like an absolutely boring game (at least from what was showed so far) to play alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there an official Destiny thread? Sorry, was lazy to check...and i think this now stands as the last of the "next gen"-associated games that hasn't been delayed...yet? I don't care if i just jinxed it, these delays are sapping much of the joy out of my so-called existence :cry:

Is there an official Destiny thread? Sorry, was lazy to check...and i think this now stands as the last of the "next gen"-associated games that hasn't been delayed...yet? I don't care if i just jinxed it, these delays are sapping much of the joy out of my so-called existence :cry:

Yep https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1159254-destiny/

• Like 1

Destiny seems really fascinating to me, however, one thing I cannot seem to figure out for the life of me is what type of game this is? at first I thought it was just another MMO and lost interest in it immediately (my preference is games with a strong singleplayer campaign, MMOs don't interest me). However, with all the hype and talk of "singleplayer" it's sparking my interest again. Is this a MMO? or something like Titanfall, as in it has a campaign of sorts but you play it online with people? or is it something more like say Borderlands? where it's better with friends but can play solo if you desire?

Destiny has went from a "must buy because it's Bungie" to "WTF is this game" for me. Their latest gameplay video didn't help build any hype either.

I hope they show it in a better way at E3. :/

Just had an email from Amazon with my Beta join code. Registered with Bungie, now the waiting game.

So, just how MMO is this game suppose to be?  Is it still the case that select areas of maps will be for PvP and that the rest is for solo PvE and or drop in co-op etc?

I'm not a big fan of the whole MMO PvP fest to no end.

Anyone watch the Giantbomb alpha gameplay? I don't really understand why so many people on GAF were complaining that they, "didn't know what kind of game Destiny is supposed to be". After watching the GiantBomb video, it looks like it plays exactly how I imagined it to play after watchign the initial reveal last year and doing a little bit of reading up on the game. /boggle

Anyways, Destiny looks amazing. I can't wait to play it. I can see my brother and me playing this game for hours on end. I hope I get into the alpha to try it out. It would make an awesome birthday present! (Friday is my birthday!)

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfinished-destiny-06-06-2014/2300-8971/

You'll have to post your thoughts once you've tried it out. Like with buying most games, I'm not becoming a little more sceptical. Hopefully I'll be able to try it out myself eventually and make my own mind up. 

Giant Bomb paint it as a very good game. I trust Jeff and his buddies more that Kokatu.

Their preview of the game didn't look fun to me at all, though it looks extremely polished, which seems to be what Kotaku was saying. Still seems like it could go either way at this point.