Photo

Destiny

official destiny bungie activision martin odonnell umbra 3 ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one

67 replies to this topic

#16 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,933 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 17:34

That's trademark Bungie style. They may not always hit to the highest graphic fidelity but it is mostly because of their obsession with larger maps and a colorful world (against likes of Gears or Kill Zone).

It's also because they're doing last gen and next gen...I don't expect those releases to be vastly different on the varied consoles.

Seeing as both next gen consoles are x86 based and the nature of the OS on the Xbox one, porting would be a lot less difficult across platforms than the current gen.

True for coding, but you still have to deal with legacy OS/32 bit OS support (or hopefully they stop dealing with them,) average spec machines (which are claimed to be quite poor, who knows) and a lot more hardware variety.

#17 paxa

paxa

Neowinian

• 760 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 20:15

i've tracked this game for quite some while, watched the demo footage on e3 and if they make a pc version i'm sold.

#18 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:56

Destiny is THE game that will make me either buy a next gen console or build a new computer. 

Dont think its gonna be that demanding of a game on PC

#19 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,344 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:07

Ok, I've had this question for many games when this transition period between consoles comes up, so I'll just apply it to Destiny specifically:

What differences will there be between this gen of Xbox 360/PS3 versus the Xbox One/PS4 versions? Obviously graphics will be better, but will there be a huge difference, a next-gen noticeable graphics upgrade? Also, anything gameplay wise? Larger worlds / more interactive and physics or what?

#20 OP Jeston

Jeston

Neowinian Senior

• 3,695 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:53

I assume the biggest if not only difference will be graphics. Physics might be a little different as well, but I'm sure it's all running on the same engine so there's only so much that can be different. They haven't released any specifics about the differences between generations other than they are very happy to be working on the PS4 and will probably have some extras for it.

I'm interested as well and hope the next genners don't suffer because they wanted to release on this generation of consoles as well.

#21 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,933 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:42

Ok, I've had this question for many games when this transition period between consoles comes up, so I'll just apply it to Destiny specifically:

What differences will there be between this gen of Xbox 360/PS3 versus the Xbox One/PS4 versions? Obviously graphics will be better, but will there be a huge difference, a next-gen noticeable graphics upgrade? Also, anything gameplay wise? Larger worlds / more interactive and physics or what?

For games that are on this gen AND next gen I wouldn't expect them to have significant differences outside of the graphics.  Vehicle/physics handling, world density and AI processes might be improved, but that depends on Bungie.

#22 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,344 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 15:59

I assume the biggest if not only difference will be graphics. Physics might be a little different as well, but I'm sure it's all running on the same engine so there's only so much that can be different. They haven't released any specifics about the differences between generations other than they are very happy to be working on the PS4 and will probably have some extras for it.

I'm interested as well and hope the next genners don't suffer because they wanted to release on this generation of consoles as well.

For games that are on this gen AND next gen I wouldn't expect them to have significant differences outside of the graphics.  Vehicle/physics handling, world density and AI processes might be improved, but that depends on Bungie.

I hope world density is increased, just for 'looks' too, and obviously graphics. I am really hoping for maybe like an extra 'feature' in some form of gameplay, similar to how Battlefield 4 will have 64 player games next gen while this generation's version will remain at 24 player.

#23 SPARTdAN

SPARTdAN

Neowinian

• 582 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 20:14

Wow just caught up on this game, looking good!

#24 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,312 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 22 August 2013 - 17:56

#25 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,988 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 22 August 2013 - 18:05

This is a definite buy for me.

#26 madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

• 1,345 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 18:19

Bungie is easily my most favorite dev team.

#27 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,312 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 22 August 2013 - 18:30

I am liking it more as they release more info but I am still not sold on it. Some game play things look too Halo like for me, which isn't a bad thing as such but let's see.

#28 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 15,463 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928

Posted 22 August 2013 - 18:39

i really want this game but i do not want to waste money on the PS3 or PC version i want to wait till i get a PS4 before i buy the game. and I can honestly say it was this game that made me want a PS4 (next gen console) 

#29 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,135 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:01

Yeah, this is definitely still the game I am most looking forward to for the PS4. Though, The Order is quickly reaching the same status for me, given all that has come out of Gamescom so far.

I enjoyed all of the Halos, so the "halo-like" gameplay is something I'm actually looking forward to. Though, to be honest I'm more excited about the universe, lore, and RPG elements more than the gunplay. I just hope the loot system is good.

#30 madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

• 1,345 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:08

i really want this game but i do not want to waste money on the PS3 or PC version i want to wait till i get a PS4 before i buy the game. and I can honestly say it was this game that made me want a PS4 (next gen console) 

What are you expecting to get out of a PS4 version that you couldn't get out of PC?

I just hope the loot system is good.

IMO, this will make or break the game.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!