[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 (Build 10.0.10240) discussion & upgrade experience

06:05 am in the UK and the upgrade hasn't even downloaded yet.  This leads me to believe we might not be getting it today.

You don't have the hidden folder? The hidden folder is the upgrade, its 6.03 GB. Just waiting for the update from windows update to trigger the install. Nothing here on Central time in the U.S. 

You don't have the hidden folder? The hidden folder is the upgrade, its 6.03 GB. Just waiting for the update from windows update to trigger the install. Nothing here on Central time in the U.S. 

Nope don't even have the hidden folder :'(

Well according to the upgrade to Windows 10 app it's rolling out in waves. Even though I've had the hidden folder downloaded entirely since yesterday, it's now almost 8AM here and still no Windows 10 upgrade available.

Looks like it can be a long wait...

Problem: when I upgrade, it says 'Welcome back' yadda yadda on a gray screen, along with my account name, but I have no control over it in order to click Next. There is no cursor, it takes no commands from mouse or keyboard...?

Has anyone successfully upgraded by way of the official ISO?

I'm upgraded but I didn't use the ISO. I just used the upgrade tool. Seems to be working great except for my sound card stuff seems to be borked. It went relatively smoothly.

The only other thing I had to do was reinstall my graphics driver because apparently nvidia is slacking and hasn't officially released a Win10 driver yet.

A quick question for someone. Is there a way to change the position of the volume slider? By default it appears in the upper right and I don't think I like it there.

Not sure if this is the answer you were looking for. Although the upgrade tool did give me the option to download media for making an iso.

Edited by trag3dy

I was told on another Forum they tried the ISO and with their Win 8 key and it didn't work, they will have to go the upgrade route i think.

How do i find the FULL version number of Windows 10 that i currently have installed?

Installed the update tonight.

I cannot map my NAS drive anymore.

Anyone else have this problem?

Microsoft has changed login again

If the name of your nas server is chintu

your username is admin

password is password

then in login details, enter username as chintu/admin

password as password

Am I missing something? 

I wanted an early fresh install of 10240, got a ESD, did a fresh install and it's activated and there were no activation problems (after a format/not an upgrade). Why didn't it work for anyone else? :s

Doing all good here after my clean install on my laptop.

Gonna try an upgrade on my old one to see how that goes :)

Am I missing something? 

I wanted an early fresh install of 10240, got a ESD, did a fresh install and it's activated and there were no activation problems. Why didn't it work for anyone else? :s

You were lucky.

I'm upgraded but I didn't use the ISO. I just used the upgrade tool. Seems to be working great except for my sound card stuff seems to be borked. It went relatively smoothly.

The only other thing I had to do was reinstall my graphics driver because apparently nvidia is slacking and hasn't officially released a Win10 driver yet.

A quick question for someone. Is there a way to change the position of the volume slider? By default it appears in the upper right and I don't think I like it there.

Not sure if this is the answer you were looking for. Although the upgrade tool did give me the option to download media for making an iso.

Same here. Also noticing that the drivers aren't working as they're supposed to. Things in Battlefield 4 and Team Fortress 2 aren't fully rendered the way they should.

I got mine to start downloading by doing the following:

Delete contents of the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder

Run wuauclt.exe /updatenow twice in command prompt as admin

Time to see if it will actually install :)

Thank you kind sir, this has just triggered the download of the update. 

Will be installing this afternoon methinks!

Yes, just upgraded the XPS 12 using a 64bit ISO off MSDN. Straight forward, picked up that I had 8.1 Pro (Laptop came with 8.0 home).

I'm attempting the following now using the ISO as the Windows update process keeps giving me errors: Windows 8.1 -> Windows 10 Upgrade -> Windows 10 Clean.

I'll report back how it goes. I've started the upgrade from the ISO and it didn't ask me for a key, so fingers crossed it'll work and skip the Windows Update nonsense.

I upgraded from 8.1 - so they should have had my HWID as so many have claimed, just tried a fresh install, skipped key twice, and it wont activate, so what good is doing the update only to have the clean install fail, thought HWID was supposed to stop all this, not that its an issue, I have an image of 8.1 system, will go back to that, upgrade, refresh and image that