2 Dallas Cops Shot @ Anti-Police Protest - BLM

Live NBC update: 4 snipers, coordinated rooftop fire along the BLM route. Black police chief: "looking at complicity" "bombs all over the place"

Still ongoing. It's a friggin' war zone.

dallas_shooting_21.jpg

Cm0Z8PWVYAEguTe.jpg

Edited by DocM

I wonder what the eventual fallout from this will be.

A "tag you're it" back and forth of escalated shootings ?  All out race war ?  Nothing, (cooler heads prevail) ?

Or, are the shooters white, and wanted it to appear as black shooters to incite a race war, or get the cops to go RAMBO on blacks ?  A Conspiracy Theory - but possible since premeditated, planned crimes are typically not a black thing.

5 minutes ago, DocM said:

Live NBC update: 4 snipers, coordinated rooftop fire along the BLM route. Black police chief: "looking at complicity" "bombs all over the place"

Still ongoing. It's a friggin' war zone.

This is insane.

Whatever message they wanted to send, whatever chance for a seat at the table, whatever progress was made in civil rights - GONE.  And rightly so

• Like 2

1 minute ago, T3X4S said:

A "tag you're it" back and forth of escalated shootings ?  All out race war ?  Nothing, (cooler heads prevail) ?

I underlined the correct answer.

Definitely falls under the "YOU AREN'T HELPING" banner.

It is horrible, but I have this thread in my brain hoping the shooters are white, because the potential fallout from this is horrible.

What the hell are the shooters, if black, thinking? Who are they trying to help? To even represent? They protest being considered more dangerous by BEING MORE DANGEROUS? They aren't even in the right bloody city to reciprocate.

I do not have the words to express the level of stupidity of some people. Logically think about it, WILL these actions make everything better? freaking idiots.

Boy, i wonder if it would be wrong to racial profile here and assume the shooters are black?

• Like 2

Whatever BLM faction this may be being labeled a domestic terror group like MS-13 is more likely. That's if Obama has the guts (unlikely).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

whatever progress was made in civil rights - GONE.  And rightly so

I disagree. There will always be fools in this world. However, they are out numbered by decent human beings.

• Like 2

Wait for tomorrow, you will see mass condemnation of course, but you will also see tons of blacks cheering it on. I do not look forward to being disgusted.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

I disagree. There will always be fools in this world. 

BLM seems to have an abundant supply. Whatever their grievances this and other cop attacks isn't how to fix them. Counterproductive.

9 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

I do not have the words to express the level of stupidity of some people. Logically think about it, WILL these actions make everything better? freaking idiots.

Boy, i wonder if it would be wrong to racial profile here and assume the shooters are black?

Totally agree. However, I believe we should wait for further details before we start accusing people, and turn this thread down the wrong path. Just out of respect for members of that race who belong to this community.

3 minutes ago, DocM said:

BLM seems to have an abundant supply. Whatever their grievances this and other cop attacks isn't how to fix them. Counterproductive.

I agree.

Sorry to the blacks on this board who are good people, but after tonight, if black society wasn't already in a downward spiral, watch the fall out from this. It will take decades to come back from the negative stigma. This was the straw that broke the camels back I think and you will see an extreme (cold) change in white/black relations.

Meh, there have been far more consequential and larger scale racial riots that we've gotten over, though it has taken time. This isn't a pivotal event, I think, but it is certainly gravitational.

Though I can be wrong. I just don't see it going in that direction, probably because it is so late in the day.

I hope there isn't a wide ranging backlash because odds are at least one of the injured cops is black. 

Assuming these are BLM influenced attackers it may be time for blacks to do what everyone's been telling 'moderate' Muslims to do: clean your own house. It's overdue.

And I say this as someone whose family is multi-ethnic.

Edited by DocM
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, DocM said:

I hope there isn't a wide ranging backlash because odds are at least one of the injured cops is black. 

Assuming these are BLM influenced attackers it may be time for blacks to do what everyone's been telling 'moderate' Muslims to do: clean your own house. 

The similarities between the two groups are very noticeable. Some blacks and some  muslims... same thought pattern. Victim-hood mentality.

Just now, T3X4S said:

If I speak my mind, I will surely be banned.

What I will say is it is events like this that make me think maybe my views aren't "wrong".

same

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

Sorry to the blacks on this board who are good people, but after tonight, if black society wasn't already in a downward spiral, watch the fall out from this. It will take decades to come back from the negative stigma. This was the straw that broke the camels back I think and you will see an extreme (cold) change in white/black relations.

Not necessarily though. A large percentage of blacks are good, law abiding citizens. People like me can differentiate between the knuckleheads, and the good folks. I have great, educated black friends, and they go on with their lives regardless of stigma.

• Like 2

Just now, JHBrown said:

Not necessarily though. A large percentage of blacks are good, law abiding citizens. People like me can differentiate between the knuckleheads, and the good folks. I have great, educated black friends, and they go on with their lives regardless of stigma.

Essentially, statistics can be read and/or ignored on any view. For instance, I think that the BLM movement exists for a reason, and I think they are certainly shocked at the violence at one of their protests.

9 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

If I speak my mind, I will surely be banned.

What I will say is it is events like this that make me think maybe my views aren't "wrong".

We know. When I read the title, I automatically knew it was you. That is why I am trying to stop this thread from heading down the black vs white path.:yes: Regardless of who did what here, it was wrong. It is the world we live in, a sick world. However, we do our best to be tolerant, and recognize the good in everyone.

4 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

We know. When I read the title, I automatically knew it was you. That is why I am trying to stop this thread from heading down the black vs white path.:yes: Regardless of who did what here, it was wrong. It is the world we live in, a sick world. However, we do our best to be tolerant, and recognize the good in everyone.

Yup until it's a white cop then we can be polarizing right? I've defended the other side in several threads. But you can't call for calm and no finger pointing when it's black on white, but do exactly that when it's white on black.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sidroc said:

Yup until it's a white cop then we can be polarizing right?

Don't put words in my mouth.

Just now, sidroc said:

but do exactly that when it's white on black.

In general, I agree, but the question is how common it is one over the other. For a number of huge and intricate reasons, the ratios of racial groups, police, violence, etc is unbalanced. Neither side seems to be willing to come up with or promote workable patches, so the outliers throw the conversation to extremes.

1 minute ago, JHBrown said:

Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm generalizing yes but that is the impression I get, read back on my replies to those on the other sode I am not saying these things don't happen from cops. I however am sick of the polarizing from both sides.

2 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

In general, I agree, but the question is how common it is one over the other. For a number of huge and intricate reasons, the ratios of racial groups, police, violence, etc is unbalanced. Neither side seems to be willing to come up with or promote workable patches, so the outliers throw the conversation to extremes.

Your right on this I am not denying it but continuing it won't help.

1 minute ago, Zagadka said:

are the ratios imbalanced when all other things are considered? or are the ratios actually just telling a bigger picture. Example: I lived in a small town were 95% of the trucks were ford. The repair shop had fords in most of the time. Does that mean fords break down a lot or just part of a equation that makes it seem that way?