2 Dallas Cops Shot @ Anti-Police Protest - BLM

31 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

The chief said the bomb was attached to a robot and detonated when near the suspect.  Suspect did not detonate a bomb.

You are correct... I wasn't aware the police blew people up now?

Oh wait, yes I was --> http://mashable.com/2016/01/10/1985-move-bombing/#51BsTtsXmkqh

There is a lot of hate for cops today because of the media mostly. Ton of these so called "cop block" hate groups around causing all kinds of mayhem.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Eye for an Eye makes the whole world blind.

@JHBrown- you would think that the police would issue a press conference calling for a "cooler heads prevail" reaction, but this is something you dont come back from.  This is just like in the freaking movies, declaring war on cops.

I think the repercussions from this might not erode for years.

I am aware of your religious position, so please don't take this for anything but what it is. Your post made this come to mind is all. :)  

Matthew 5:38-48New International Version (NIV)

Eye for Eye

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[a]39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

10 minutes ago, patseguin said:

There is a lot of hate for cops today because of the media mostly. Ton of these so called "cop block" hate groups around causing all kinds of mayhem.

In my own experience and extended associate/social circle, only the people with the lowest intelligence hate the cops.

55 minutes ago, DocM said:

Last suspect detonated a bomb, killing himself. He talked to the hostage negotiator first. Per PD Chief,

Upset at BLM 

Wanted to kill cops

Wanted to kill white cops

Etc.

if I were the colleague of the police officers who were killed, i'd make sure that the cornered/armed suspects will not be arrested alive. the official police report would say that the armed suspects refused to surrender, were still threats, and were rightfully neutralized. I would never allow the armed suspects to have their day in court for the simple reason that a jury would likely never convict the suspects.

now, since I was not a police officer, never been in the armed forces, born a coward, and still a coward, I say #blacklivesmatter battlecry is fundamentally wrong. we, as a unified people should have raised our voices and say #alllivesmatter.

(I don't own any handgun. the closest thing to a firearm that I have is an air rifle. my zombie defense kit consists of 1 rusty 'rambo' knife, 1 flip knife, 1 arnis stick, and my tear ducts.)

Man this is crazy. My mom works a couple blocks from the scene and had her building swept for bombs.  

35 minutes ago, Zag L. said:

The weapons used were actually NOT easily obtained. These were not off the shelf semi-automatic rifles, these were full auto and the purchase of these by civilians as been banned since 1934.  In essence, this does nothing more than demonstrate how useless a weapons ban can be. Bad guys had weapons that are (and have been for 82 years) illegal to own. Hmm ....who'd a thunk it.  

The other thing I want to say is that while there certainly are bad cops (bribes, extortion etc) and  there are also under-trained cops. These are primarily the ones that have been killing unarmed people of ALL color. These cops didn't kiss their wife and kids in the morning and leave the house with the intention of killing anyone.  In almost all cases, these under-trained cops encountered situations that over escalated and because of the lack of training, bad things resulted.  Should they be held accountable? You bet your butt. That said, this action last night was the complete opposite, it was a well planned, and extremely well executed attack by professional killers with the intent to go out and kill as many as police as possible.   There is no amount of 'frustration' that can explain this. One guy with a hand gun or semi-auto rifle snaps, that's frustration.  Four snipers... nope that's something way different than frustration.

Let's not forget those who come from the military too; pulling that trigger because you are to take no chances versus pulling it because you have no other option left seem like different mindsets that aren't easy to transition to. That of course isn't considering PTSD and the like.

2 hours ago, restroom said:

There should only be one community. Until that happens, individual communities will always want what the other has.

No, there shouldn't be only one community. there is and should be many, but yes, there should also be ONE community we're all part of, well there is but people forget. But we also need there to be sub communities, but not split by race.  and not with hate as a main reason for their existence. 

11 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

No, there shouldn't be only one community. there is and should be many, but yes, there should also be ONE community we're all part of, well there is but people forget. But we also need there to be sub communities, but not split by race.  and not with hate as a main reason for their existence. 

I disagree. I would argue there should be 1 community with different values within. Everyone in the community should be treated equal, regardless of color or belief system. Everyone should also be tolerant of each others beliefs.

Unfortunately though, it is those same colors and belief systems which stand in the way of community cohesion. One group believes the rest of the group should act a specific way and another group feels that they are being treated less than equal than another one.

Its sad, but also human nature.

Edited by restroom
Added

Terrible news, and overall a senseless act. They can argue that they did it for whatever reasons they like, they have done nothing but set their "cause" back as far as I can see.

11 hours ago, freqnasty said:

Do whites in the US stage these protest rallies when a black police officer shoots a white person?

nope

I'm astonished by the racist posts on the first 2 pages of this thread. :|

At that point nobody knew who did this, do they now actually know, yet it was blamed on "the blacks", BLM,.... as if it was the gospel.

All the usual stereotypes had to be brought up, and blame placed on a whole race.

What is wrong with Neowin, how did it turn into such a racist bunch?

1 hour ago, Rippleman said:

In my own experience and extended associate/social circle, only the people with the lowest intelligence hate the cops.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

12 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

I'm astonished by the racist posts on the first 2 pages of this thread. :|

At that point nobody knew who did this, do they now actually know, yet it was blamed on "the blacks", BLM,.... as if it was the gospel.

All the usual stereotypes had to be brought up, and blame placed on a whole race.

What is wrong with Neowin, how did it turn into such a racist bunch?

I didn't read every single post in this thread but I didn't see a single racist comment in anything I read. Can you quote please?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DevTech said:

Buy why call attention to their skin color at all? Can't they just be a human friend?

I call my tall friends 'Tall'. i call my short friends "short", i call my black friends black too. Deliberately trying to describe your friend to someone, when they are black, without using the word "Black" is such nonsense.

• Like 2

My condolences to the deceased. Things are going out of control. I believe that this incident was deliberately done, not as a revenge to the recent police killings, but rather use that incident and create an impact which will be starting point for a rebellion by its very own citizens against America. Will not be surprised if a foreign influence was there. Ya, may sound farfetched, but anything's possible.

Summary of event in the first 2 links, individual events on the rest. RIP men in blue. Be aware that there 1 vid of a police being shot so skip it if you aren't used to such graphic content or queasy.

-11-12 officers + 1 bystander shot

-5 officers succumbed to wounds inflicted

-3 suspects in custody + 1 suspect dead

-Bombs were found/noticed

-1 person of interest strapping an AR-15 turned himself in for questioning before being let go

Only issue now is more possible attacks/bombs before the suspect took his life when speaking to a negotiator. Something along the lines of being upset with recent police shootings, wanting to shoot white people (especially white cops), and that the end was coming. 2 of the suspects were snipers in a parking garage or other on the high ground.

Update: Apparently it was only 1 guy that did all this and is a 25 year old recluse living with mom military vet named Micah Xavier Johnson with no criminal record.

Edited by Morisato

23 minutes ago, patseguin said:

I didn't read every single post in this thread but I didn't see a single racist comment in anything I read. Can you quote please?

Quoting with Edge is a bit hard right now, but just read the first 2 pages. After that it got better

9 minutes ago, Tuskd said:

My condolences to the deceased. Things are going out of control. I believe that this incident was deliberately done, not as a revenge to the recent police killings, but rather use that incident and create an impact which will be starting point for a rebellion by its very own citizens against America. Will not be surprised if a foreign influence was there. Ya, may sound farfetched, but anything's possible.

I read that the shooter stated that he hated white people and wanted to kill white cops.

Just now, Stoffel said:

Quoting with Edge is a bit hard right now, but just read the first 2 pages. After that it got better

No argument here! I use Firefox!

17 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

I call my tall friends 'Tall'. i call my short friends "short", i call my black friends black too. Deliberately trying to describe your friend to someone, when they are black, without using the word "Black" is such nonsense.

Very true, it's certainly not racist to say 'Oh he's the black guy over there' as much as it's not sexist to say 'she's the woman over there'. Both are valid descriptive terms, racism is using the term to incite hatred or using it in a deeming way.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Very true, it's certainly not racist to say 'Oh he's the black guy over there' as much as it's not sexist to say 'she's the woman over there'. Both are valid descriptive terms, racism is using the term to incite hatred or using it in a deeming way.

A co-worker of mine, many moons ago, corrected me once when I said African American and told me to call him black because that is what he is.

13 hours ago, Circaflex said:

I am sure somewhere, they do, however we don't hear about it nor does it really make the mainstream news like many of the BLM protests.

No it does not happen as they would be labeled racists. All Lives Matter

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

All Lives Matter

No ######## ######. Please stop. You clearly don't understand the BLM. They aren't saying that all lives don't matter. Educate yourself. Jesus Christ. 

• Like 2

I am really having a hard time dealing with this. I cannot understand The Why? Maybe the media is partly to blame and the Justice Dept. In Ferguson, the Media and The AG had that cop tried and convicted before the facts were in. The DA is Baltimore should be removed as she tried and convicted all of those Cops before the end of the first day. So far 3 have been not charged. I worked in a city that was over 90 percent Black and yes they had a riot when MLK got shot but there were many riots in many cities. When the shooting at Kent State occurred there were student led riots against the Vietnam War. The majority of the demonstrates were white even though the majority of draftees into the armed fores were Black.

5 minutes ago, shockz said:

No ######## ######. Please stop. You clearly don't understand the BLM. They aren't saying that all lives don't matter. Educate yourself. Jesus Christ. 

Get lost'' ta ta

• Like 2