2 Dallas Cops Shot @ Anti-Police Protest - BLM

Just now, sidroc said:

I'm generalizing yes but that is the impression I get, read back on my replies to those on the other sode I am not saying these things don't happen from cops. I however am sick of the polarizing from both sides.

I am on neither side. I was asking a couple of people to be mindful of other members here. There are other wonderful websites where empathy is thrown out of the window. Personally, I just live my life to the fullest, and tragic events like this, won't change my mind on how I view black people, or any other group of people.

8 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

are the ratios imbalanced when all other things are considered? or are the ratios actually just telling a bigger picture. Example: I lived in a small town were 95% of the trucks were ford. The repair shop had fords in most of the time. Does that mean fords break down a lot or just part of a equation that makes it seem that way?

Per capita, yes, they are unbalanced. "The criminal rate of blacks (African Americans) is more than three times higher than the national average."  "blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008"     ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States ) ... both of those figures are insane.

More specific figures here;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/van-jones/are-blacks-a-criminal-rac_b_8398.html

Now, we can argue for years (and have) about why that is the case, cause and effect, regional variations, but any conclusion will require changing some very basic structures. We will probably never surpass it, just morph into new forms.

Its those darn white people repressing the black community again.

Ill await the usual white hatred being used by BLM as an excuse.

Funny thing is that it doesn't stand any more. MANY black people get along with white people now and have as good lives with family, jobs etc as their white counterparts. Yes, they may receive racist remarks from some white knuckle heads over time, but you know what, as a white person (not from the US mind), I have received racist remarks from black people. Its upsets me at the time, but I move on, the same as most black people do when it happens to them.

Generally, this is only a TINY fraction of black people who are doing this. If they hadn't done it through BLM and blaming the white man, then they would have used some other reason... Thugs will be thugs regardless.

• Like 3

And as much noise as is made about police shooting blacks,  many of those shot by police are white. And not infrequently it's a black officer shooting blacks. 

The Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that between 2003 and 2009 there were more than 2,900 arrest-related deaths involving law enforcement. Averaged over seven years, that's about 420 deaths a year. While BJS does not provide the annual number of arrest-related deaths by race or ethnicity, a rough calculation based on its data shows that black people were about four times as likely to die in custody or while being arrested than whites.

source

1 hour ago, T3X4S said:

If I speak my mind, I will surely be banned.

What I will say is it is events like this that make me think maybe my views aren't "wrong".

My attempt at a rational discussion.

It can certainly use other viewpoints and suggestions because sometimes (or often) my point of view is a bit too unconventional.

2 minutes ago, Gibblets said:

This is starting to smell a little like ISIS.

Whilst not impossible, I don't think so. At least not until there is solid evidence to the contrary. If it was, it would only help Trump.

Just watched the video over at LiveLeak showing one of the Cops getting shot. The poor families of those Officers. Quite sad all around.

2 minutes ago, DocM said:

2 males, 1 female apprehended. 1 active shooter in a parking structure.

Of course no "description " of the suspects, right ?

After looking at the videos, it looks as though one of these shooters had training. He is "Slicing the Pie" as he approaches the Officer, and then proceeds to shoot him in the back.

1 minute ago, JHBrown said:

After looking at the videos, it looks as though one of these shooters had training. He is "Slicing the Pie" as he approaches the Officer, and then proceeds to shoot him in the back.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Doesn't look like a bunch of wannabe gangsters trying it on, these look quite well versed in professional warfare.

Oh come on, they are the real victims here.

Just look at that poor distraught mom, she passed out because her innocent baby was the victim of those bad horrible cops.  He was such a sweet boy.

Capture.JPG
(Chicago shooting)

I am very glad that the earlier threats about bombs being planted have, so far, been smoke.

Just now, Zagadka said:

I am very glad that the earlier threats about bombs being planted have, so far, been smoke.

Agreed, the local Fox affiliate actually said "they are finding bombs all over the place" - I understand it must be absolute chaos, but man that is reckless journalism to say the least.

Im an outsider here, I don't live in America, and I apologise if this comes across the wrong way, but it does smell of stupidity here by the police.

Think about it ... tensions are at an all time high, you know the atmosphere is going to be volatile, why would you under estimate the situation ? if I was leading a team of cops into an area where a protest was happening why the hell would you not sweep rooftops and nearby buildings for potential gunmen / snipers ? sorry but the tactical planning here doesn't make sense. The cops walked right into a trap ?

Just because some unknown number of police officers differentiated their job to "serve and protect" based on the percentage of melanin in the human skin, does not mean that everyone in the world and here at Neowin have to be part of that ugly process.

What is a "white cop" or a "black cop" in terms of a sensible description of a human being?

What is this Tribe known as "whites" and "blacks" - it reads like a freakin Game of Thrones novel.

How much melanin does it take to qualify for the "black" tribe? 100%? 70%? 50%? 10%?

And really? People here have friends who are "blacks" - is that some sort of community service work? How much melanin do they need to qualify as a genuine "black" friend?

You are thinking of a human being that is a friend and then characterizing that friendship by his skin color as one of your "black" friends. How about you might have friends that are plumbers, carpenters, lawyers, teachers as a characterization of some aspect of who they are. I just can't seem to remember the skin color of any of my friends...

Please if anyone can listen - using terms like Race or Black or White just gives life to the concept itself. It needs to be invisible for Humanity to progress.

27 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Agreed, the local Fox affiliate actually said "they are finding bombs all over the place" - I understand it must be absolute chaos, but man that is reckless journalism to say the least.

That's not reckless journalism - in fact journalism is like Obe Wan, it vanished years ago but we could say Fox Journalism or even Modern Journalism to re-use an old word that means something different.

4 minutes ago, DevTech said:

What is this Tribe known as "whites" and "blacks" - it reads like a freakin Game of Thrones novel.

How much melanin does it take to qualify for the "black" tribe? 100%? 70%? 50%? 10%?

I've always found it confusing how people count how specifically they are part of whatever race. I think being a member of culture is more important, but that can't be measured.

2 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

One suspect dead from self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Too good for him.

2 minutes ago, DevTech said:

Just because some unknown number of police officers differentiated their job to "serve and protect" based on the percentage of melanin in the human skin, does not mean that everyone in the world and here at Neowin have to be part of that ugly process.

What is a "white cop" or a "black cop" in terms of a sensible description of a human being?

And really? People here have friends who are "blacks" - is that some sort of community service work? How much melanin do they need to qualify as a genuine "black" friend?

You are thinking of a human being that is a friend and then characterizing that friendship by his skin color as one of your "black" friends. How about you might have friends that are plumbers, carpenters, lawyers, teachers as a characterization of some aspect of who they are. I just can't seem to remember the skin color of any of my friends...

Please if anyone can listen - using terms like Race or Black or White just gives life to the concept itself. It needs to be invisible for Humanity to progress.

Exactly. Just like BLM, what certifies as a black life? What happened to "lives" or "all lives matter"?

We want equal rights for black people, by highlighting black people as being different to white. I've said so many times in the past, that this in itself is a contradiction.

It goes hand in hand with any of these types of movement. Equal rights for women, unless it is something we don't like, in which its not classed as an equal right, but instead its an act of aggression against women.

Basically, if your a white male in todays world, you are branded a racist, murdering rapist until proven otherwise. Just love my male white privilege!