AutoStreamer 1.0.33

Has anyone seen this problem? I installed Autostreamer via the installer version. When I launch it It starts the windows installer fot Roxio EMC 7, why? If I hit the cancel button on the installer 3 or 4 times Autostreamer starts & runs fine. It does this on 2 of my desktops but not on my laptop. I do have Roxio EMC 7 installed on the machines in question. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Len

585008358[/snapback]

I believe Roxio EMC took over the installer format. Go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options, and on that list search for the extension that Roxio took over.

I believe Roxio EMC took over the installer format. Go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options, and on that list search for the extension that Roxio took over.

585009029[/snapback]

That's not the case. MSI and MSP are the only file types associated with Windows Installer. Even if I double click on the AutoStreamer.exe file it starts Windows Installer. If I let it continue it starts the Roxio install. If I click the "Cancel" button on Windows Installer, (have to click 3 to 5 times and wait), the Windows Installer aborts and THEN AutoStreamer starts and runs normally.

This is really wierd, any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Len

585009029[/snapback]

Problem solved!

What I had to do was download and install Microsoft's installer cleanup utility, (msicuu2.exe). Run the utility to cleanup Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. Reinstall Easy Media Creator 7 and patch to 7.1. All is now ok. My guess is that the web download and update patch for EMC 7, (run in the last several days), left garbage behind. Why it started "only" when I ran AutoStreamer is still a mystery.

If anyone is interested, I have a new installer that uses the Windows Installer available for download:

AutoStreamer

585033557[/snapback]

I uploaded a new build of the installer.

Changelog:

-If Windows Installer 2.0 or higher is not found, the installer will download and install it for you

-Fixed WinXP SP2 lockup problem

-Fixed some installation destination problem

-Fixed support site launch problem

If anyone finds any bugs in the installer, you can email them to me at hurmoth@neowinian.net. Thanks! :D

Hello.

I downloaded and used your program to slipstream SP2 into Windows XP, but the .iso it created is 766MB and won't burn onto an 80 minute CDR.

Is this a common problem, and if so how can I resolve it? My original Windows XP Pro CD was 677MB.

Regards

Gary A

Hello.

I downloaded and used your program to slipstream SP2 into Windows XP, but the .iso it created is 766MB and won't burn onto an 80 minute CDR.

Is this a common problem, and if so how can I resolve it? My original Windows XP Pro CD was 677MB.

Regards

Gary A

585074388[/snapback]

Your "original" XP CD was probably actually slipstreamed with SP1 already, as if you slipstream and XP SP1 CD with SP2, there are many leftovers files it doesn't get rid of, thus having too big of an ISO. I would suggest using a true original XP CD as that should be no more than 505MB I think and probably around 600MB with SP2. :)

I have not seen this mentioned [?] but I know one application [DVD shrink] that can use Nero to then burn a disk. Obviously you need Nero installed in the first place...but can Autostreamer have this where it can detect Nero [and others?] and burn the ISO.

Nice shot man!

I will do this for my XP.

Now... Question...

Can I do this with the 2003 SERVER STANDARD Edition?

I want to include the SP1 inside...

Since that it take so long to install the SP1 ...

Hello people!

AutoStreamer 1.0.32 is out!

Changes

- Added /log switch, which activates logging (for people seeing weird errors, this way i can see where the problem was...)

- Added an error traping system which, in the case of an unexpected error, can restart AutoStreamer with /log switch...

- Better startup: Hopefully no more problems with the OCX files

- Refreshed About dialog to match AutoPatcher 5.0

Download

AutoStreamer 1.0.32

/Raptor

p.s=Flish, you better update the first post soon!!

Can anyone tell me is it possible to use this with your currently installed Windows PC? I lost my CD, and was wondering if I could create the CD straight off of my PC (point to C:/Windows???

I thought thats what "specify own windows share" meant..

Not working =(

Can anyone tell me is it possible to use this with your currently installed Windows PC? I lost my CD, and was wondering if I could create the CD straight off of my PC (point to C:/Windows???

I thought thats what "specify own windows share" meant..

Not working =(

585171621[/snapback]

if there is one, it would be c:\I368.. or something similar to that.

bozer, you need the preinstalled (packaged) installation files. usually, you wont find them on a normal Windows installation. As m2ys4u said, you can check for i386 folder... I highly doubt you will be in luck though :(

• 2 weeks later...

1.0.33 is out!

Since we had some problems before, related to files not being extracted etc:

Changes

- Check for operating system

- Check for missing files

- Added readme file

Blog

autopatcher.modblog.com

Download

AutoStreamer 1.0.33 (847KB Installer)

Note: I will no longer maintain a .zip version. It has only caused confusion and problems. Flishfun, I will have to wait for you to update the first post appropriately.

/Raptor