AutoStreamer 1.0.33

G'Day All

Just joined because I noticed a few posters having some similar problems to ones I was having.

I started with V.1. from the XP Summer Magazine disc and had 'unable to locate file' error and then downloaded a later version, but couldn't complete the Integration ( either lock-up or something-or-other), and then I had Burning hassles too, but after a bit of trial and error, I found that everything went smoothly as soon as I swapped my CD Drive over to the same IDE as the HDD - Primary Master HDD & Primary Slave CD Drive

Worked like a dream after that.

Regards - Michael.

Hi everyone I am new here and having some problems with Autostreamer (latest version).

I am always missing around with my computer and stuff sometimes I have to start again I get fed up of having to format my hard drive in another pc because of its size and the normal windows xp doesn?t recognize it e.g. 160Gb see it as a 130Gb etc. So the problem I am having is I do what it says not very hard at all after it makes the iso I burn it and finalize it with Nero 6. The cd boots and goes in to the first stage of the setup where you do the format, Partition etc. So the HDD gets formatted and copies the installations files over then asks for a restart and that?s where the problems are the screen just goes blank. I change the bios settings so it boots from the HDD and not the cd anymore but I shouldn?t need to do this anyway still nothing. Obviously something is missing or needs editing, has someone had the same problem, sorry I haven?t had a chance to read the old threads and stuff but I am so busy and need a answer soon as possible since I ve got two pc's to install.

Thanks for any help :-)

Hi everyone I am new here and having some problems with Autostreamer (latest version, Have Win XP Pro ON CD and latest Service Pack 2)

I am always missing around with my computer and stuff sometimes I have to start again I get fed up of having to format my hard drive in another pc because of its size and the normal windows xp doesn?t recognize it e.g. 160Gb see it as a 130Gb etc. So the problem I am having is I use autostreamer slipstream service pack 2 then it makes the iso I burn it and finalize it with Nero 6. The cd boots and goes in to the first stage of the setup where you do the format, Partition etc. So the HDD gets formatted and copies the installations files over then asks for a restart and that?s where the problems are the screen just goes blank. I change the bios settings so it boots from the HDD and not the cd anymore but I shouldn?t need to do this anyway still nothing. Obviously something is missing or needs editing, has someone had the same problem, sorry I haven?t had a chance to read the old threads and stuff but I am so busy and need a answer soon as possible since I ve got two pc's to install.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread

Thanks for any help

Depends on the Dell OEM; some are OK, others have non-slipstreamed hotfixes included in SVCPACK. Work around is given here:

http://vbdotnet.home.comcast.net/XP_SP2.htm

585445907[/snapback]

still cannot, when i run the integrated DELLSP2 cd, this problem occur....

after i click continue, the status bar appear a error message "Setup failed, Press any key to restart your computet"... somebody can tell me why?

post-92343-1108100866_thumb.jpg

I'm new here and wanted to ask a question related to slipstreaming SP2 into WinXP Pro.

With SP2 applied, has anyone tried to remove MSN Explorer? SP2 causes an error that is disheartening as it is when it suggests there is a problem with removing MSN Explorer and that the system may not work correctly afterward.

What do you think?

Charles

nw_raptor,

Thanks for the quick reply!

That's is peculiar in that I have NEVER been able to successfully remove MSN Explorer with SP2 installed without getting an error (don't have the specific wording, sorry) indicating there had been a problem and that the operating system may not function correctly because of the failure.

I'm truly surprised at your success. Don't understand why mine would fail each and every time as it does and yours not fail. Baffling, for sure.

Anyway, I suppose that you may try (if you care to do so) reinstall MSN Exporer and then remove it. Furthermore, IIRC, I had a similar error with another of the windows components and SP2 when I tried to either add or remove the component. Also, SP2 caused a few of my programs to go awry, one being my anti-virus NOD32, but the developer recoded the imon.dll file to deal with it. There were just too many problems with my first installation of SP2 which is why I've steered clear of it until just recently.

ON another note, your program seemed to work a treat, processing and slipstreaming just right. I think I chose a wrong burn option because after the CD booted, I came uon an error where a font file could not be copied. After retrying, failing again, and then trying to skip the file, the very next font file failed similarly. I'm thinking I need to do a bit more reading to find out what I did wrong. But with the removal of windows components causing my the problem I'm seeing, I'm opting to stay away from SP2 for now.

Once again, thanks for your post and I look forward to trying the other program available here.

Charles

If I remember correctly, It just points out that any connection created via MSN Explorer (such as a Dial-Up connection by MSN subscribers) will be lost when MSN Explorer is removed. I just ignore this message, since I make all my network connections on my own, and everything goes just fine.

Hi,

I'm trying to slipstream a WinXP Home SP1 CD with SP2 using Autostreamer 1.033. It all goes smoothly (too smoothly) and the progress shows that everything is completed but no ISO file is created. If I 'customise' the installation, it pauses before making the ISO, and when looking in the temporary folder that is created, there's nothing in there.

Autostreamer extracts files (I assume from the SP2 .exe file), but the progressbar then immediately fills up more than halfway. Somehow, I don't think it's copying anything from my WinXP CD (I tried copying the CD as an image using CloneCD 5 and using that, but the same thing happened). When I click on "Make ISO", Autostreamer straight away ticks "Creating ISO file from your slipstreamed share..." without appearing to have done anything (no disk thrashing etc). It then deletes the temporary folder (which had nothing in it).

It detects the CD (and disk image if I use that) as

"Operating System: Windows XP Family"

"Build: 5.1.2600.1106 (SP1)"

"Size: 518MB"

The service pack file is detected as:

"Build: 5.1.2600.2180 (SP2)"

Any ideas why it's not working?

Hi,

I made a SP2 slipstream CD from XP Pro the other day and noticed something a little odd. When I insert my original XP CD Autostreamer shows that it is build 5.1.2600.0 (Gold) and 484MB. When I insert my slipstreamed CD Autostreamer says the build and size is the same as my original CD.

I have the newest version of autostreamer(1.0.33)and I downloaded SP2 from the Microsoft website. Is this normal?

^ Yes, try starting AutoPatcher with /log switch. You'll get an autostreamer.log file in AutoStreamer's folder. Also, read the readme file (included in 1.0.33).

Is there any similar brilliant program for slipstreaming Office and its SPs?

585514399[/snapback]

Slipstreaming Office isn't as simple; You need to do an administrative install and then go ahead with slipstreaming. Copying the files wont do, as the resulting files will be too big to fit on a blank CD.

:( I am using Manual Mode.

I cannot get this program to work for me. I have an i386 directory on my C Drive as my install CD . I have the Win XP SP2 download executable in a Downloads directory under My Documents.

The program refuses to use either of them.

Any help assumes you have the XP CD available.

Thanks for any constructive feedback.

DataKnight: There's no such thing as "Manual Mode". I assume you're refering to "Local Share". Also, you need more than just the i386 folder to make a working XP CD. Remember; you need to specify a folder which contains the autorun starter (setup.exe) and an i386 subfolder.

^ Ehm, does the same happen when you restart AutoStreamer?

585517166[/snapback]

Yes. I just noticed something else, Windows Explorer says the CD is 488MB, Autostreamer says its 484MB. The version on the setup.exe file on the CD says 5.1.2600.0 too.