AutoStreamer 1.0.33

^ AutoStreamer reports the correct size. In other words:

SIZE_IN_MEGABYTES = SIZE_IN_BYTES / 1024 / 1024

Windows probably devided by 1000.

My SP2 slipstreamed cd reports version 5.1.2600.2180 on setup.exe.

My SP2 slipstreamed CD says 5.1.2600.0 for the setup.exe file. Any ideas why this would happen?

It means that its not properly slipstreamed

and me personally wud like to have a software that slipstreams Office 2003

• 3 weeks later...
Official Installer will now update old versions (including 1.0.33):

http://www.gigamaniac.net/AutoStreamer.exe

This will automatically unregister the OCX files that were auto registering with the previous installer builds.

There is NO need to run the following command before installing the new build:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /x {D9CDB463-BB48-4B80-B1B6-5B940A4621E0}

585385431[/snapback]

585389483[/snapback]

Hi...I wonder if you could clear something up for me. I am using an older version of Autostreamer (which has been great) but would like to upgrade to the newest version.

I'm concerned about the post by "trattner" on page nine of this thread concerning the OCX files that were "registered".

I see from the post above, it has been corrected.

I don't fully understand this, nor do I need to.

My question is, if I uninstall my older version and install the latest release will this correct the problem? (I would prefer to uninstall the older version first).

Or, will uninstalling my old version somehow "mess up" these files? (In other words, do I have to install over the old version in order to correct it)

Thanks for helping out someone who knows how to use the program, but that's about it. :)

^^

installing the very latest version found in the post you quoted will automatically correct the problem that the older version caused.

theres no need to uninstall the old version first.

Thanks for the reply TheBlazingAngel.

I would have replied soner, but had a problem where I could log on, but not post.

ANYWAY, my real question is this: If I were to uninstall the older version first (Which I've already done), and THEN install the "fixed version" (which I've already done), from the link in my first post, will that be OK too?

In other words, will that also take care of the problem with the "registered OCX files", or was it bad to uninstall the old version first???

Bottom line:

I uninstalled an old version, then installed the "fixed" version.

Is the "OCX" problem ok on my Computer now?

Appreciate any more insite....thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I donwloaded the newest version of what seems to be quite a nifty program(specially for dial upper).My prob is when i double click the exe nothin happens.

All the files in the installation folder are there and i check task manager to see if there somethin related to autostreamer and nothing.

Sorry if this was already explained but im on some really bad dial up and just to load a page takes up to 5 minutes and i just dont have the time to read through it all working 14 hour days.

Any ideas on this problem?

Greetings :alien:

I streamed XP Pro & SP2 without issue & created the disk: no problem.

I have no need to use it at this time but thought I'd test it by running sfc /sannow.

The streamed disk ran thru about 1/3 of the process then asked for my XP CD.

I put in the Original & it ran for about a minute then asked me for the XP CD.

I put back the streamed disk & it ran to about 2/3 of the process then the above recurred with the same resolution & then the scan was completed.

Now I'm just wondering whether or not I created a good Streamed disk or perhaps something is wrong?

Thanks for any ideas & thanks for all the work you put into this! :yes:

Hi,

I made a SP2 slipstream CD from XP Pro the other day and noticed something a little odd.  When I insert my original XP CD Autostreamer shows that it is build 5.1.2600.0 (Gold) and 484MB.  When I insert my slipstreamed CD Autostreamer says the build and size is the same as my original CD.

I have the newest version of autostreamer(1.0.33)and I downloaded SP2 from the Microsoft website.  Is this normal?

585512361[/snapback]

Hi again, just wanted to give an update on the problem I had.

That slipstreamed CD I made that wasn't really slipstreamed ended up saving me a big headache and a lot of money. I built a new computer a couple weeks ago and when I tried to install Windows with the original CD I kept getting a disc boot error. I tried the CD made with Autostreamer and it installed without a problem. My original Windows CD somehow got messed up but thanks to Autostreamer I didn't have to buy another copy of Windows.

Just a couple days ago I took the CD made with Autostreamer and tried to slipstream it, and again it worked without any problems.

Thank you for making this great program! :D

Hi again, just wanted to give an update on the problem I had.

That slipstreamed CD I made that wasn't really slipstreamed ended up saving me a big headache and a lot of money.  I built a new computer a couple weeks ago and when I tried to install Windows with the original CD I kept getting a disc boot error.  I tried the CD made with Autostreamer and it installed without a problem.  My original Windows CD somehow got messed up but thanks to Autostreamer I didn't have to buy another copy of Windows.

Just a couple days ago I took the CD made with Autostreamer and tried to slipstream it, and again it worked without any problems.

Thank you for making this great program! :D

585700752[/snapback]

:D

ZalmanLeib, that's just a naming problem. Functionality is not affected by that. It will be 'fixed' however in the next release.

Sorry for the long absence but been real busy working and troublehooting.

After tryin on other machines outta 8 machinesi could only get it to work on 1 machine and the other 7 had same prob as mine............error sound but no visual error report.

Good news is i found a program called nlite and it works fine on all machines i have tried.

Without autostreamer i woulda never found this other program either.Appreciate folks always willin to make things easier and faster.Have a nice day and good luck in future ventures.

Would it be possible to remove certain programs, such as Outlook Express, so they aren't installed with XP? I was looking for an old slipstreaming prog I used before that allowed me to add or remove stuff from the install CD.

Is it possible to to define TCP/IP options for a local area network connection? I'd like to have my IP addy and DNS settings all set up on my slipstream.

I ran setupmgr.exe and created a unattend.txt with the TCP/IP settings I need. I figured I could just paste the info into my unattend.txt made by nLite, but the file is just a sample unattend. Do the settings bellow look good? Under network connections in windows, I have a 1394 and Local Area Connection 2. Will these settings only affect the local area connection? I put in *'s because I'm paranoid.

Also, with nLite if I integrate drivers for my (onboard) fasttrak RAID as textmode, I will not have to press F6, correct?

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=No

[NetAdapters]

Adapter1=params.Adapter1

[params.Adapter1]

INFID=*

[NetClients]

MS_MSClient=params.MS_MSClient

[NetServices]

MS_SERVER=params.MS_SERVER

[NetProtocols]

MS_TCPIP=params.MS_TCPIP