AutoStreamer 1.0.33

Cannot slipstream XP SP2 (build 5.5.1005.0).

I am newbie.

Fom a genuine Microsoft CD I have SP2 (XPSP2.EXE) with file version 5.5.1005.0.

Autostreamer 1.0.33 can NOT detect my SP2 version and reports an error in CAPCAB.EXE when analising the SP2 file.

("capcab.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.")

Hence, Autostreamer CANNOT slipsteam my win XP CD.

I have XP version Build 5.1.2600.0 (Gold) on my CD that needs to be slipstreamed.

I am running Autostreamer from my HD on XP without service packs or updates.

What could be the problem?

Cheers.

Mike.

_

Above mention Problem found.

Log file states: "Sh*t, service pack file extraction didnt quite work!"

My drive C:\ runs out of free disk space whilst analyzing the SP2 file, this because in order to analyze it needs to unpack.

The program unpacks in drive C:\.

PS

There must be a better way to analyze the SP file without unpacking.

Would be great if in future releases of Autostreamer one could indicate the path for these temporary extractions so that one can indicate a differend drive than drive C that has a lot more free space...

Regards,

Mike.

_

Reporting further on my slipstreaming efforts.

It's a few hours later now!

(NOT GOOD !!!)

With my 1st computer I had exactly the same problem as member sandman96 on page 12 of this thread.

The integration of the Service Pack files simply did NOT happen and the SP unpacking and integration pop up window did NOT appear.

(B.t.w. my XP CD is in good condition).

Tried the whole process on my 2nd computer --> No problems at all.

The SP unpacking and integration pop up window DID appear on my 2nd computer.

Main difference between my computers is that the 2nd one has SP1 installed whilst my 1st computer has none.

2nd computer fairly clean install, 1st one a lot of progs and uninstalls (test system).

On the 1st computer made enough space on drive C in order for the program to analyze the SP2 file.

But, on the 1st computer not enough disk space on drive C to keep the default Tempory folder setting: C:\$AutoStreamer$.

This was changed to a different drive and folder.

On the 2nd computer 2.5 Gb free on drive C, no need to change default directory paths, things worked.

Mike.

PS

A pause button on the program would be handy.

_

ZalmanLeib, that's just a naming problem. Functionality is not affected by that. It will be 'fixed' however in the next release.

585707779[/snapback]

The next release wouldn't include slipstreaming post SP2 updates would it?

• 3 weeks later...
The next release wouldn't include slipstreaming post SP2 updates would it?

585823097[/snapback]

You need to set those up as unattended installs rather than slipstreams as, AFAIK, you cannot slipstream hotfixes.

I slipstreamed WindowsXP and SP2 a while ago and put it away for later use. Yesterday I had to format my harddrive and reinstall XP< I used the slipstreamed CD and it worked perfectly.

Thank you for a great product that saved me so much time.

I presume I can slipstream Office XP and Office XP SP3, is that correct?

Don H

• 2 weeks later...

I have a MSDN CD containing both the Win2003 standard and Win2003 enterprise software. I "shared" out the Win2003 standard OS (CD Drive:\ENGLISH\WIN2003\STANDARD), and I used the "share" mode for the Autostreamer program.

However, although the program recognizes both the Windows Share and the Service Pack File, the "Next" button remains greyed out.

Here are the last few lines from the autostreamer.log file --

Convert Service Pack build to known SP level...

5.2.3790.1830 was converted to (Pre-SP1)

Since we now have a more readable version, adjust the ISO label

Delete any temporary files used...

File #1...

File #2...

File #3...

File #4...

TEMP Folder...

Allow the user to continue (enable the window!)

Any ideas?

Glenn

No need to respond to my previous post... I figured it out. I simply copied the contents of the (CD Drive:\ENGLISH\WIN2003\STANDARD) directory to my desktop, then re-ran the program using the copied directory as the Windows Share.

It worked beautifully!!!

I still have to test the CD (whether it's bootable & if it actually slipstreamed SP1), but I have a feeling it will.

Thank you!!!

i'm not too sure if the program support different languages... but for some reason autopatcher doesn't recognize the korean windows version...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Was facing a clean install of XP so thought I'd try Autostreamer. Downloaded it, installed it, ran it.

Fell over a couple of times for reasons I can't remember.

Re-installed it. Ran it. Made it as far as 'copying share to temporary folder' with the progress bar @25% and it stopped. Left it half-an-hour, still stopped.

So uninstalled AutoStreamer, deleted its temporary folders and used Microsoft's own CD's. Probably took a little longer, but had the inestminable virtue of working.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone advise the proper way to burn the iso image,created with autostreamer, using roxio's easy cd creator 6 ?

I have wasted 2 cd-r's so far. The first one opened to creator classic when I tried to test it and the second one only contained about 386 kb's of info.

This is my first attempt at slipstreaming and the help files with roxio are not as intuitive as a newbie would like.

Thanks

^^

open up creator classic, and select File>burn from disk image file

itll allow you to select the iso image, and burn the disk.

you dont need change any settings to burn an iso image.

btw, i usually test things with a cdrw disk before i put it on a cdr.

that way i dont waste any disks, because i can erase the cdrw after ive mangaed to get it working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have xp2 installed completely updated. I ran autostreamer on my machine to create COA XP cd's. I followed the steps and what was created was a Winrar.iso. So I was stumped. Unpack and image? Burn CD this way. everything was just wrong. Then I downloaded ISO Buster and just having it on my system not running it caused the winrar icon to change and Voila! a bootable image which works great. And not in the folder (winstreamer.iso) I randomly created and aime Auto at. Why. Why not explained in the instructions. I was born at night but not last night. Why does the dialog ask for an ISO destination (which I did not create in the final solution. A few sentences of explanation from some one who has a few moments. Thanks for all your efforts :blink:

I could be wrong, but from what you have posted, it sounds like the only thing that changed was the file association.

If the ISO file extension is associated with WinRAR, then the file is given the WinRAR icon, and when double clicked on is opened with WinRAR, which treats it like an archive file.

If the extension is associated with UltraISO, the file gets the UltraISO icon, and when double clicked on is opened with UltraISO, which treats it like a disk image.

The same file, yet 2 different utilities created for 2 different purposes will treat it in 2 different ways.

Hi folks!

I am very excited about this software but I haven't been successful in using it by now. I want to slipstream XP SP2 into a CD of XP professional version from my system which is running win2k sp4.

First question: is it possible at all to slipstream xp using a win2k system?

Second: The error I am getting is after selecting the SP2 pack. It says

"capcab.exe - application Error. The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c59bbf3."

I tried it multiple times but it resists to work.

It seems like the prog eats up my drive space on the windows installation partition although I have given another temp directory. How can I make autostreamer accept the new temp directory? My windows partition will definitely be too small...

Cheerio,

Hobpob

Edited by hobpob

is it possible at all to slipstream xp using a win2k system?

Second: The error I am getting is after selecting the SP2 pack. It says

"capcab.exe - application Error. The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c59bbf3."

After failures similar to your own (I'm W2K also), it's now my understanding that XP service packs must be slipstreamed on a machine that's already running XP. I strongly suspect it has to do with the licensing security measures Microsoft built in to XP that aren't present in W2K. If you recall, pre-SP1 WindowsUpdates could be made to pirated copies of XP - but the actual SP1 refused to install.

The 0x0eedfade halt is quite possibly related to XP licensing security, where slipstream activity is misinterpreted as a pirating effort

//greg//