AutoStreamer 1.0.33

Here is a new problem. I have been trying to make this prog. work without much success.

In hope that this might help someone else (or someone else help me) I am now getting a message:

"The Slipstreaming Procedure requieres Windows 2000/XP/2003. AutoStreamer will now quit"

Note: I am running XP w/SP2 - (just upgraded to SP2 a few minuts ago)

Prior to this message (and the installation of SP2) I was getting the error sound and nothing else.

Been reading this thread front to back - I haven't seen this problem reported yet!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

:huh: I am getting the message "Wrong Operating System" when I run AutoStreamer version 1.0.28, 29, 30 or 33. I thought that this was fixed in 10.29, and have uninstalled and reinstalled each of the builds without success. Is there a reg key that needs to be deleted after the uninstall that will solve this problem?

Thanks,

Joe

ive already generated iso using autostreamer but it's 787mb. is it that big?

another one is:

i cant install iis into my machine. do i need to re-install the new winxp sp2(streamed)? if not what should i do?

thanks.

You should do a clean install, not reinstall as you may get issues.

No, the file should not be 787MB, it should be far less, I have my Win on a 650MB CD

Why doesn't Autostreamer recognize as OS inputs slipstreamed CD it has created?

I created an XP SP1 CD using 1.0.30 of Autostreamer then tried to use it as input to creating a slipstreamed CD with SP2 and Autostreamer would not recognize the slipstreamed SP1 CD as a valid OS CD.

And yes I know SP2 contains everything SP1 contains and I could use it with the original XP CD but that doesn't explain why Autostreamer doesn't recognize/support the CDs it creates.

Edited by EdP

Hi Guys,

I've created an iso file with slipstreamer (winxp Pro sp1 slipping in sp2) I then burn a cd using the iso created - however when I try to install xp - I get a black screen on booting the setup saying 'the file cmdide.sys is corrupted' - help!

• 3 weeks later...
ive already generated iso using autostreamer but it's 787mb. is it that big?

586323781[/snapback]

Yea, same thing I just noticed this morning (funniest thing hm)! I made a slipstream long, long time ago, so long ago I can't even remember with what and how ;) anyway it was huge, something like 787 or whatever, but then I made another one using Autopatcher .33 and guess what, the fileseize is fine sp1 - 531,701,760 bytes and sp2 - 609,832,960 bytes. This is of course the 5.1.2600.0 (Gold) Corporate Winblows version.

So check what you're doing wrong, it's not the proggy. The program is perfect :) Thank you guys for saving us headaches and all the best in the future!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yea, same thing I just noticed this morning (funniest thing hm)! I made a slipstream long, long time ago, so long ago I can't even remember with what and how ;) anyway it was huge, something like 787 or whatever, but then I made another one using Autopatcher .33 and guess what, the fileseize is fine sp1 - 531,701,760 bytes and sp2 - 609,832,960 bytes.  This is of course the 5.1.2600.0 (Gold) Corporate Winblows version.

So check what you're doing wrong, it's not the proggy.  The program is perfect :)  Thank you guys for saving us headaches and all the best in the future!

586476863[/snapback]

Thats my EXACT cd, im useing it to. I got a SP1 on it and am now trying to get SP2.

I couldnt find the edit button, but ive been trying to make sp2 on my cd.

I used "VirtualCloneDrive" to host the iso from sp1 and its working good, but the first time i try, it gives me an out of bounce error and closes, next time (currently) it seems to hang up about 1/3rd of the way. when i did sp1 i got it to this point and than left to goto work, im going to let this run over night.

does it matter that when i try to install the sp's normaly it says invalid cd key? will it say that when i try to do a clean format?

• 1 month later...

Hi People,

My first post here so please bear with me :)

I slipstreamed SP4 into W2K and it all went fine but when I used the resulting disc to do an install I found that the MS Java Virtual Machine component had disappeared.

I did a second slipstream thinking something had gone wrong but got the same result.

I can intstall the JVM seperately but shouldn't need to do that as it's on the original W2K disc

This is my first try at slipstreaming and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong so can anyone tell me why the Java bit doesn't doesn't want combine with SP4?

Cheers.

Colin

I slipstreamed SP4 into W2K and it all went fine but when I used the resulting disc to do an install I found that the MS  Java Virtual Machine component had disappeared.

I did a second slipstream thinking something had gone wrong but got the same result.

I can intstall the JVM seperately but shouldn't need to do that as it's on the original W2K disc

This is my first try at slipstreaming and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong so can anyone tell me why the Java bit doesn't doesn't want combine with SP4?

Cheers.

Colin

If I remember right, they took out MSJava from SP4. MS got told off and had to drop their version of java. You need to install the Sun Java instead.

If I remember right, they took out MSJava from SP4.  MS got told off and had to drop their version of java.  You need to install the Sun Java instead.

586816423[/snapback]

Yes it's very odd...if W2K is installed normaly from the original disc and then updated with SP4 the MS Java is available...slipstreaming SP4 and Java doesn't work...never mind I've added MS Java seperately and that's the end of it...one of them Windows quirks to drive you loopy I guess :laugh:

Colin

ive already generated iso using autostreamer but it's 787mb. is it that big

My XPSP2 cd is about 480mb, there are a few things that can be removed... (if you havent already...)

http://www.unattended.msfn.org/advanced/sp...saving_tips.htm

DOCS, VALUEADD, and SUPPORT. This will free up 22.3 MB or so.

Let's go in further by navigating to the I386 directory with your Windows Setup Source. If you don't plan to use this CD to upgrade from a previous OS, you can delete the following folders:

WIN9XMIG, WIN9XUPG and WINNTUPG. This will free up 37.6 MB

If you have a localized language version of Windows in your own language, then you probably can also delete:

LANG. This will free up approximately 99 MB (This may vary)

As of Windows XP SP2, an extra folder known as cmpnents is added, with Tablet PC and .NET Framework 1.0 components which is also considered safe to delete (This folder may also contain Media Center components, which I'm unsure of as I don't personally use MCE).

cmpnents. This will free up 25.2 MB

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a newbie here so first of all ... hi.

Bit of a rookie when it comes to computers but am willing to try things.

I wanted to slipstream XP Pro & SP2.

I Googled & came here.

The links I try for downloading Autostreamer are dead.

I have been searching with Google for an hour but no luck in a download.

Is the latest version available & if so, where may a get it?

I Googled & came here.

586866911[/snapback]

AutoPatcher can do that job for you

Give it a try.

I Googled & came here.

AutoPatcher can do that job for you

Give it a try.

Autopatcher cannot slipstream service packs into an install disc, this is what autostreamer is for!

Autostreamer can be found here: http://mhtools.knoware.nl/raptor/autostrea...utoStreamer.exe

I've got a Windows 2000 Advanced Server CD which somehow is not bootable.

Will AutoStreamer make my new slip streamlined CD bootable? Or do I need to provide a bootable image? If I need a boot image is it ok using Windows XP boot image for Windows 2000 Advanced Server?

I've got a Windows 2000 Advanced Server CD which somehow is not bootable.

Will AutoStreamer make my new slip streamlined CD bootable? Or do I need to provide a bootable image? If I need a boot image is it ok using Windows XP boot image for Windows 2000 Advanced Server?

Just give it a try, what's one CD. If you use a CD-RW or CD+RW you can format it again.....if it won't work for you. Don't use the Windows XP boot image for your W2k.

The download link is dead... anyone got a mirror?

Seems to me that Neowin and everything related to Neowin is getting really bad recently.

Hello,

I have box with win 2003 server, autostreamer gives me this error message.Please help..

error -2147024894:method '~' of object '~' failed

Running in CD Mode

Probing drive A:\

Drive A:\ exists.

Probing for CDROM

Drive is not a CDROM; probe next drive...

Probing drive B:\

Drive B:\ exists.

Probing for CDROM

Probing drive C:\

Drive C:\ exists.

Probing for CDROM

Probing drive D:\

Drive D:\ exists.

Probing for CDROM

Probing drive E:\

Drive E:\ does not exist; probe next drive...

Probing drive F:\

Drive F:\ exists.

Probing for CDROM

Probing drive G:\

Drive G:\ exists.

Probing for CDROM

Probing drive H:\

Drive H:\ exists.

Probing for CDROM

Probing drive I:\

Drive I:\ does not exist; probe next drive...

Probing drive J:\

Drive J:\ does not exist; probe next drive...

Probing drive K:\

Drive K:\ does not exist; probe next drive...

Probing drive L:\

Drive L:\ exists.

Probing for CDROM

Drive is a CDROM.

Either L:\SETUP.EXE or L:\I386 are missing; probe next drive.

Probing drive M:\