Jet Blue FLight 292 in Distress

O they do? Well that's a bit reassuring then for my first gripe. The second one can still be questioned for its adherence to journalism ethics though. At least, I think so. It was pretty much as close to a blatant lie as you can get I think. And they did it with the intention to mislead because there's no other logical reason that I can think of for them to present it that way, aside from just boosting viewership.

586562990[/snapback]

journalism? ethics?

:laugh: :laugh:

journalism? ethics?

:laugh:  :laugh:

586562998[/snapback]

They existed once upon a time lol. And there actually is a code of ethics put out by some journalism society (the name escapes me at the moment) that they're supposed to try to adhere to. :ninja:

Yeah it was amazing and all... but truthfully, it was no biggie. Pilots, if properly trained, should have no problems making a landing like that. They spend countless hours on emergency procedures before getting a commercial license. It becomes a "routine" type of thing. Don't get me wrong, i'm glad that everything turned out fine, but the pilot relied on his training, that's all there is to it.

Don't agree with me? Analyze how near perfect the landing was.

but who's to say that if it was a different pilot, his hand might not have been as smooth, he might have brought it down just a big harder, the landing gear does snap, and then some people get injured or something. you can't really teach a smooth hand, you either have it or you don't.

maybe in a training simulator it's no biggie, but with all the lives onboard (including the celebs), and pretty much every news station in the country watching, i would say it was a pretty big deal.

I think it would have been very hard to break the landing gear because it's built for, well, landing and is meant to withstand situations like this. The pilot still did a helluva a job though. It's crazy that those people were able to watch it on their televisions and still be calm. I wonder if they served free drinks in the meantime :woot: