Photo

Mac OS X Software List

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#46 pasztor.laszlo

pasztor.laszlo

Neowinian

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:09

Is there any archiver app like WinRAR for Mac? Or how (un)compressing of .rar, .arj, .zip, .iso, .tar, etc files are solved?

#47 betasp

betasp

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails...

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:11

Is there any archiver app like WinRAR for Mac? Or how (un)compressing of .rar, .arj, .zip, .iso, .tar, etc files are solved?

http://wakaba.c3.cx/...unarchiver.html

#48 pasztor.laszlo

pasztor.laszlo

Neowinian

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:19

http://wakaba.c3.cx/...unarchiver.html

yeah, i saw that on the list. but any other? there is only one app for archiving?

and what about file managers? Total (aka Windows) Commander-like file managers for Mac. And what about archivers which integrate to that file managers to use as easily as using TC + WinRAR on Windows (for example Alt+F9 for uncompressing).

#49 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 02 September 2007 - 19:06

Stuffit 11 Deluxe works well, it also supports a large number of files. I've had little need for anything outside of Stuffit Expander.

#50 kizzaaa

kizzaaa

Alumni

Posted 04 September 2007 - 16:24

Good Vibrations CSS

Basically Good Vibrations CSS is a Safari (Webkit) optimised CSS file which blocks advertisements, frame adverts, Flash adverts etc.

GoodVibrations.css allows you to harness Safari's built-in capacity to use Custom Style Sheets as an ad-blocking solution.

GoodVibrations.css will work with Safari (for Mac OS X and Windows) as well as other browsers. Most of the CSS here will work on any browser. Any browser-specific code will be optimized for the WebKit/KHTML Rendering Engine. Safari, Konqueror, OmniWeb, and Shiira are just some of the browsers that use WebKit/KHTML to render pages.

Posted Image

Download Webpage

#51 Trance.

Trance.

∞.lets shoot some pion.

Posted 04 September 2007 - 16:27

Good, now all I have to do is get a Mac :p

#52 osirisX

osirisX

Steve Jobs in Disguise

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:01

If you love Pinball then you will love this app. Monster Fair is one of the best Pinball games I've seen.

Posted Image

Cost: 2980 Yen (Whatever that may be in your own currency).

http://www.littlewin...f/feature1.html

#53 jooface

jooface

Neowinian

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:06

yeah, i saw that on the list. but any other? there is only one app for archiving?

and what about file managers? Total (aka Windows) Commander-like file managers for Mac. And what about archivers which integrate to that file managers to use as easily as using TC + WinRAR on Windows (for example Alt+F9 for uncompressing).

http://www.springyar...r.com/index.php

Same dilemma as you, found this and kinda happy :)

#54 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

Mississippian by birth and by choice

Posted 15 September 2007 - 14:34

RarMe allows you to create and extract rar files on OS X (it uses the official command line tool from RarLabs, which is shareware). As for a file manager, you can check out XFolders.

#55 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 15 September 2007 - 17:06

Good Vibrations CSS

Basically Good Vibrations CSS is a Safari (Webkit) optimised CSS file which blocks advertisements, frame adverts, Flash adverts etc.
Posted Image

Download Webpage

Pretty good stuff!

#56 osirisX

osirisX

Steve Jobs in Disguise

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:38

I actually found that Good Vibrations was actually blocking images at both Neowin and deviantART :s

#57 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 18 September 2007 - 19:43

I actually found that Good Vibrations was actually blocking images at both Neowin and deviantART :s

Yeah same here. Got rid of it again. Too bad, it seemed like such a good solution. :/

#58 kizzaaa

kizzaaa

Alumni

Posted 19 September 2007 - 14:12

Yeah same here. Got rid of it again. Too bad, it seemed like such a good solution. :/

I started to notice that as well. It is updated monthly though, hopefully in a few months a more reliable build will be released.

#59 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 19 September 2007 - 14:30

Yeah who knows, I'll make sure to keep my eye on it once in a while.

#60 perochan

perochan

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:21

any good application (freeware) to watch dvds (other regions too without changing the code) in my Mac?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!