Photo

Mac OS X Software List

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#46 pasztor.laszlo

pasztor.laszlo

Neowinian

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:09

Is there any archiver app like WinRAR for Mac? Or how (un)compressing of .rar, .arj, .zip, .iso, .tar, etc files are solved?

#47 betasp

betasp

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails...

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:11

Is there any archiver app like WinRAR for Mac? Or how (un)compressing of .rar, .arj, .zip, .iso, .tar, etc files are solved?

http://wakaba.c3.cx/...unarchiver.html

#48 pasztor.laszlo

pasztor.laszlo

Neowinian

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:19

http://wakaba.c3.cx/...unarchiver.html

yeah, i saw that on the list. but any other? there is only one app for archiving?

and what about file managers? Total (aka Windows) Commander-like file managers for Mac. And what about archivers which integrate to that file managers to use as easily as using TC + WinRAR on Windows (for example Alt+F9 for uncompressing).

#49 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 02 September 2007 - 19:06

Stuffit 11 Deluxe works well, it also supports a large number of files. I've had little need for anything outside of Stuffit Expander.

#50 kizzaaa

kizzaaa

Alumni

Posted 04 September 2007 - 16:24

Good Vibrations CSS

Basically Good Vibrations CSS is a Safari (Webkit) optimised CSS file which blocks advertisements, frame adverts, Flash adverts etc.

GoodVibrations.css allows you to harness Safari's built-in capacity to use Custom Style Sheets as an ad-blocking solution.

GoodVibrations.css will work with Safari (for Mac OS X and Windows) as well as other browsers. Most of the CSS here will work on any browser. Any browser-specific code will be optimized for the WebKit/KHTML Rendering Engine. Safari, Konqueror, OmniWeb, and Shiira are just some of the browsers that use WebKit/KHTML to render pages.

Posted Image

Download Webpage

#51 unity+

unity+

Posted 04 September 2007 - 16:27

Good, now all I have to do is get a Mac :p

#52 osirisX

osirisX

Steve Jobs in Disguise

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:01

If you love Pinball then you will love this app. Monster Fair is one of the best Pinball games I've seen.

Posted Image

Cost: 2980 Yen (Whatever that may be in your own currency).

http://www.littlewin...f/feature1.html

#53 jooface

jooface

Neowinian

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:06

yeah, i saw that on the list. but any other? there is only one app for archiving?

and what about file managers? Total (aka Windows) Commander-like file managers for Mac. And what about archivers which integrate to that file managers to use as easily as using TC + WinRAR on Windows (for example Alt+F9 for uncompressing).

http://www.springyar...r.com/index.php

Same dilemma as you, found this and kinda happy :)

#54 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

Mississippian by birth and by choice

Posted 15 September 2007 - 14:34

RarMe allows you to create and extract rar files on OS X (it uses the official command line tool from RarLabs, which is shareware). As for a file manager, you can check out XFolders.

#55 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 15 September 2007 - 17:06

Good Vibrations CSS

Basically Good Vibrations CSS is a Safari (Webkit) optimised CSS file which blocks advertisements, frame adverts, Flash adverts etc.
Posted Image

Download Webpage

Pretty good stuff!

#56 osirisX

osirisX

Steve Jobs in Disguise

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:38

I actually found that Good Vibrations was actually blocking images at both Neowin and deviantART :s

#57 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 18 September 2007 - 19:43

I actually found that Good Vibrations was actually blocking images at both Neowin and deviantART :s

Yeah same here. Got rid of it again. Too bad, it seemed like such a good solution. :/

#58 kizzaaa

kizzaaa

Alumni

Posted 19 September 2007 - 14:12

Yeah same here. Got rid of it again. Too bad, it seemed like such a good solution. :/

I started to notice that as well. It is updated monthly though, hopefully in a few months a more reliable build will be released.

#59 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 19 September 2007 - 14:30

Yeah who knows, I'll make sure to keep my eye on it once in a while.

#60 perochan

perochan

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:21

any good application (freeware) to watch dvds (other regions too without changing the code) in my Mac?