[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Tennant is eccentric which is what makes him great imo but who cares about my opinion :D

Tennant has actually WANTED to be Doctor Who, which is why he clearly does such a brilliant job as The Doctor. He's bound to stay a few more years.

If you mean BBC America, they're a season behind Sci-Fi in my neck of the woods. :)

torchwood on bcc america was aired on that channel before scifi where I live and season two for torch wood is coming in jan 2008 for bbc america scifi proably not for another year.

Someone please shoot Tate in the face!

for what it's worth, i think she's better on dr who than running her own 'humour' series. that's not saying much, i admit.

I think tate has prehaps gone into the drama acting lark too quick. I just feel she' trying to do a Victoria Woods.

Anyway. I like Eccleston. He did a great job getting the series off the ground.

Haha, Looks great I loved the quick scene when Kylie said "You look good for 903years old", Tennant said "You should see me in the morning" and Kylie said "Okay" Ahh good I can't wait til Christmas for so many reasons!

Haha, Looks great I loved the quick scene when Kylie said "You look good for 903years old", Tennant said "You should see me in the morning" and Kylie said "Okay" Ahh good I can't wait til Christmas for so many reasons!

Yeah I laughed at that, her face is funny.

Doctor Who star David Tennant has laughed off speculation that he is planning to quit the show at the end the next series in 2008.

Comic actress Catherine Tate sparked rumours at the weekend when she said in a radio interview that she thought next series would be Tennant's last.

Tate is due to join the Doctor in the Tardis as his new companion in 2008.

Tennant, speaking at the launch of the Christmas episode, said: "Catherine Tate stitched me up good and proper."

"I started getting all these phone calls on Saturday lunchtime saying apparently you're leaving Doctor Who," Tennant told the BBC. "Catherine Tate's just announced it on Radio 2 - thanks Catherine!"

He added: "I said to her on Monday morning did you know you've caused a minor diplomatic incident? She was completely oblivious that the phone had been ringing off the hook."

Tennant confirmed he was doing four Doctor Who specials in 2009, but there was no decision about the next series in 2010.

"I'm doing four more specials and beyond that no one's asked me to make any decisions and I'm quite happy to be enigmatic for as long as possible," he said.

The Christmas Day episode, Voyage Of The Damned, features Kylie Minogue as Astrid Peth, a waitress on board the Titanic.

Given the Doctor's form with his other companions it is no surprise that the two get to kiss during the adventure.

The special was screened before a celebrity audience at London's Science Museum.

It also features Geoffrey Palmer as the Captain of the Titanic, and Bernard Cribbins - who featured in a big-screen Doctor Who adventure with Peter Cushing in 1966.

'Awesome'

The audience included Work and Pensions Secretary Peter Hain who told the BBC afterwards: "It was absolutely awesome. Millions are going to be glued to their TV sets."

Doctor Who writer and executive producer Russell T Davies said: "I'm delighted with the next series, we're doing stuff we've never done before and it's bigger and better than before."

He said Kylie Minogue was keen to do more acting again.

"She did this because I think that's the way her thoughts are heading. She's missed it and fancied that discipline. I'd cast her again like that," he said.

Asked by a child in the audience whether evil Dalek creator Davros would be resurrected for the new series, Davies said: "I don't know. I'm as in the dark as you are. Would you like us to?"

Amid much laughter, he stroked his chin and added: "I'll see what I can do."

In a way Im glad I missed it then (my sky stopped working, hope the ep. is repeated), i have very grave thoughts on tate being in the show, as has probably been noticed in my previous comments :) I can't believe they actually picked her, or did she pay Russell T Davies :(

In a way Im glad I missed it then (my sky stopped working, hope the ep. is repeated), i have very grave thoughts on tate being in the show, as has probably been noticed in my previous comments :) I can't believe they actually picked her, or did she pay Russell T Davies :(

She's not in the episode itself just the preview at the end and when she spoke I thought of "am I bovvered" and cringed I hope martha comes back stat!!!

Hi, why not watch it on iPlayer?

And I believe she has had an "altered" personality since last year, so she might be bearable. Beside we have Rose, Martha, Jack and Sarah Jane (?) to look forward to seeing! :p

Enjoyable xmas special :) Though rather a lot of death for a happy occassion! :p

I cannot stand Catherine Tate, and from the preview it looks like she'll be way too dominant and cracking too many **** jokes. I hope not.

@Boldfire, we have Rose to look forward to???? Billies coming back!?!!??! HUH!?!??!?

Enjoyable xmas special :) Though rather a lot of death for a happy occassion! :p

I cannot stand Catherine Tate, and from the preview it looks like she'll be way too dominant and cracking too many **** jokes. I hope not.

@Boldfire, we have Rose to look forward to???? Billies coming back!?!!??! HUH!?!??!?

Yeah thank god!

It's series 4 not season :p There's one thing I've often wondered, why do they not count all the past series? :unsure:

I think it was because those old series were so long ago and they wanted to make a fresh start. I've seen some of those old ones and the new ones are so different and better imo, I guess that's why.

'Doctor Who' gets best ratings since 1979

Doctor Who managed its best ratings in almost three decades yesterday with its festive special, 'Voyage of the Damned'.

The episode, which starred Kylie Minogue as a waitress on-board a doomed spaceship named 'The Titanic', peaked with a massive 13.8 million viewers and a 55% share of the TV audience.

Overall, Doctor Who averaged 12.2 million viewers across its 70 minutes to rank as the second most-watched programme of Christmas Day.

The figures are the highest achieved by the cult show since 1979. The previous best for the new series was 10.8 million for its 2005 rebirth episode, 'Rose'.

Link

:o