[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I was gonna post this but it was denied so didn't but still wouldn't mind John as the Doctor but the story would have to be good to have made him the doctor.

As some of us have said before, John Simm did not want to do another life on mars because he did not want to be away from his family for long periods of time. Well guess what, Dr Who takes forever to film. Try and put the two together.

I'd much prefer if John stays as the evil one.

Shame, this whole "John Simm as the next doctor" crap went to press - I detest how crap reporting can start rumours.

But man, imagine the sstorylines in that reality... Explains away the laugh, and possibly the ring at the end of the season. Conflicted doctor haunted by the drumming sound. How others would react to him.

Would be an amazing season if it ever had happened...

I didn't see this one posted in here - this is a snippet from back in August. I so could have predicted this as soon as I saw a woman pick up The Master's ring at the end of the last series:

Iconic British actress Joan Collins has reportedly signed up to play a time-travelling villain in the forthcoming season of Doctor Who.

The News of the World claims that 74-year-old Collins, best known for her role as 'uber-bitch' Alexis Carrington Colby in the soap Dynasty, has already signed up for the role of The Doctor's arch nemesis The Rani, a scheming Gallifreyan scientist who appeared twice in the classic series.

The tabloid quotes an insider in the show as saying: "The Doctor Who team are delighted they've managed to sign Joan. It's a real coup. [she's] perfect for the role... like Alexis Colby with a sonic screwdriver."

The Rani was originally portrayed by Kate O'Mara in 1985's 'The Mark of the Rani' opposite Colin Baker and in Sylvester McCoy's debut story 'Time and the Rani' in 1987. O'Mara, who reprised the role in a 1993 Children In Need special, also played Collins' younger sister Cassandra in Dynasty.

Earlier this year, The Sun reported that Footballers' Wives star Zoe Lucker was a "dead cert" for the part of the Time Lady.

The Rani was a female Time Lord (well, Time Lady I guess!), so if the Master was able to survive the time war, then there is no reason why The Rani couldn't either.

I really, really, REALLY hope Billie Piper signs on for that rumored season finale return. I miss her so much as Rose :(

I'd like to see it too, but we'll just have to wait and see.

But the ending of S3 had a "Now I'm truly alone" feeling.

They can't play this card too often.

I'd have to agree with you there. In some ways, I think it is highly unlikely that it IS the Rani. I can't believe that RTD would use the same story arc over 2 series. Or if it IS her then she'll probably be something minor in the grander scheme of things. I don't know, I'm just excited to see it back on the screen. Still - at least not much longer for Torchwood.

Will Lily Allen be following in Billie Piper's footsteps? And not by acting as a London call girl. But rather, by joining the cast of Doctor Who.

The Sun says there are talks for Lily to join the show.

Apparently Lil is being eyed-up for the role as Doctor Who's assistant, who's currently portrayed by Catherine Tate.

They quote a show source as saying: "Lily is multi-talented. She comes from more of a TV background than a musical one.

"After the chat show we hope she'll take over from Catherine as Doctor Who's assistant.

"We've talked to her and she was excited by the idea."

Wowsers.

For the next series rumours say David Tennant may not be returning to reprise his role as the famed Doctor Who.

The source also told the paper: "John Simm and Rhys Ifans have been linked with the job. Lily would make a very cool couple with either of them."

That she would.

Seeing as Lil recently landed her own chat show too, looks like things in the telly depo are looking rosy for her.

Lily Allen entering the Tardis

Doctor Who certainly seems to hold a strong appeal to celebrities. The show?s previously boasted cast members like Trisha Goddard, Catherine Tate, McFly (yuck!) and even Kylie (who?ll be appearing in this years Christmas special). But now it seems they?ve topped the bunch!

The Dr. Who production team are is currently in talks with chav queen Lily Allen to replace popular comedian Catherine Tate as the Doc?s (always doomed) assistant. If she got the role, multi-talented Lily would find herself in one of the most high-profile female roles on British TV.

The Doc?s original assistant (since the show?s reincarnation that is) was played by Billie Piper, a formerly chavy pop singer from Swindon and it looks as though the same story is about to come true for Lily. Lily?s had a pretty good run of it lately, having a show handed to her by the BBC and launching her own delightfully shabby fashion brand, so it seems good luck really does come in three?s.

Source:Teevieo

• Daniel F. changed the title to [Official] Doctor Who Thread
  • Daniel F. pinned this topic
  • Steven P. unlocked this topic
  • Brandon H unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft, Intel, BBC and others form coalition to combat misinformation
      by Usama Jawad

Misinformation and online content fraud has been rampant in the past few years with increased accessibility to technology. To combat this growing epidemic, various entities from the technology and media industry have joined forces to form the Coalition for Content Provenance and Authenticity (C2PA). Its members include Microsoft, Adobe, Arm, Intel, BBC, and Truepic.

Photo by Joshua Miranda from Pexels The C2PA will be responsible for developing technical standards that can aid in identifying the origin of media content including images, audio, video, and documents. This will enable those in relevant industries to identify how the information is stored and presented, and whether it has been doctored. Microsoft went on to say that:

Some members of this coalition have already worked on projects of this nature before. Adobe's Content Authenticity Initiative (CAI) is developing tools for creators and publishers to ensure proper content attribution, whereas BBC and Microsoft's Project Origin is concerned with curbing the spread of disinformation in digital news media. Similarly, Truepic has worked on "native integration of hardware-secured photo capture smartphone technology". The C2PA aims to unify all of these projects and efforts into a single set of open standards for the benefit of everyone.

• By zikalify
      Vodafone says it can't offer free access to BBC Bitesize
      by Paul Hill

Vodafone has told BBC News that it will not offer free access to the BBC Bitesize educational materials as BT, EE and Plusnet did last week. The mobile carrier said that its technical team have assessed the possibility of zero-rating Bitesize but concluded that it's not possible to offer free access without giving users free access to the whole of the BBC website.

Explaining why it’s not possible for Vodafone to do, the firm’s general counsel and external affairs director Helen Lamprell said:

Lamprell also said that, by zero-rating Bitesize, it would give the site an advantage over other education websites and could go against the firm’s legal obligations to maintain net neutrality. While Ofcom is mandated with ensuring net neutrality, Vodafone probably would have been safe from ramifications given that the closing of schools is quite extraordinary. Instead of zero-rating Bitesize, Vodafone has offered 350,000 free SIM cards to disadvantaged children to get them online.

BT told BBC that zero-rating Bitesize alone is technically difficult and can be costly, however, it affirmed that it’s not impossible to do which contradicts what Vodafone has said today. EE will offer Bitesize for free by the end of the month and customers will not have to register to take advantage of the offer.

Source: BBC News

• By zikalify
      BT to zero-rate BBC Bitesize content to help with homeschooling
      by Paul Hill

BT has announced that its customers will have unlimited access to BBC Bitesize content by the end of the month. The agreement between BT and the BBC will also extend to EE, BT Mobile, and Plusnet Mobile customers as these are all owned by BT.

By zero-rating BBC Bitesize, customers will be able to read, watch and interact with content without using up any of their data allowance; this will help parents who have been forced to home school their children due to the coronavirus pandemic to save money and get access to vital content. This is not the first time a mobile carrier has zero-rated essential resources, Three has also zero-rated NHS 101, NHS websites and video consultations.

Commenting on the arrangement, BBC Director General Tim Davie said:

To make access as easy as possible, the new zero-rating will automatically be applied to customers’ packages and no extra registration will be needed. The mobile carrier said that the scheme will come to an end as schools reopen across the country later in the year.

• By Steven P.
      Get 5 years of Ivacy VPN at 90% off for just $1 per month
      by Steven Parker

If you use the internet (which you clearly do), you likely know how important it is to protect your data in an increasingly dangerous cyber environment. But like other essential tasks that tend to be tedious (like filing taxes early and brushing your teeth for the full two minutes), most installing and running a VPN can sound unappealing to many: sure, they encrypt your internet traffic and hide your location — but they can also run frustratingly slowly, delaying the way you’d usually use the internet for entertainment and work.

That’s where Ivacy VPN is different: not only will the speedy service let you browse and stream lag-free, it also offers real-time threat detection technology, removing malware and viruses at the server level. It ensures that all your downloads and devices stay totally secure, so you can stay safe online without being inconvenienced. In addition, all plans allow 10 simultaneous logins and unblocks BBC iPlayer, Disney+, Hulu and major Netflix regions including US, France, Japan, UK, Australia, Germany and Canada.

With Ivacy, you can enjoy protection anywhere by connecting to 1,000+ servers in hundreds of locations. You’ll have unrestricted access to your favorite apps and websites, no matter where you are in the world. There’s also a dedicated secure downloading feature using P2P optimized servers, and useful extensions available across browsers and platforms, whether you’re an Android or iOS user, with split-tunneling available for both.

And unlike other players in the digital security space, Ivacy VPN has a decade of experience delivering excellence, receiving a 4.7/5 TrustPilot rating and a 99.8% crash-free performance. You can protect your data with two different Ivacy VPN subscriptions:

Get a five-year subscription to Ivacy VPN here ($60 or $1 per month) ends Friday July 3.

As an Ivacy affiliate, Neowin may earn commission from qualifying purchases.

• By +spikey_richie
      Anyone else watching DEVS on BBC2? I'm up to episode 6 of 8, and really enjoying it. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p087gj19/devs

I believe it's on Hulu as well.