[Official] Call of Duty: World at War

I will also be looking to possibly get a beta key from anybody that has extra. I want to see just how identical it is to COD 4.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Just got GAME code (Y)

Logged into the site and then got the email for the theme:

Thank you for pre-ordering Call of Duty: World at War.

You can download your exclusive PS3 or Xbox 360 theme by

entering the following code on your console:

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

As a bonus you will be one of the select few users to be invited

to the Call of Duty: World at War BETA trial for Xbox 360 or PC,

depending on the platform you registered on the site.

Plus you will have exclusive access to unlock the M1A1 carbine

in multiplayer on the day of release!

Keep checking your email regualry for the secret codes, and

again thanks for pre-ordering.

The team at Activision

no idea when the beta will be released.

Edited by Bradas

Just got GAME code (Y)

Does it work right now, you can download it?

Interested how Game gets it today, yet Beta does not start till next week and Eurogamer have to wait!?!?!

Does it work right now, you can download it?

Interested how Game gets it today, yet Beta does not start till next week and Eurogamer have to wait!?!?!

It's not for the beta, its a code for the other call of duty site, where I can then download the theme and desktop wallpapers, also sign up for the vip section of www.callofduty.com

I've just registered for the VIP section but there's no ''VIP'' area lol.

The email from Game says:

Please Note:

a) Xbox 360 Customers: It is crucial that Xbox 360 customers register for both the console themes and VIP access to callofduty.com with a correct email address as in-game content and 360 Beta Codes will be sent out by Activision based on this data.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I said it with more of a evil tone yes. :p

I just feel like everybody was expecting such a bomb for this game and now that it looks decent everybody suddenly has changed their opinions about the game and Treyarch. I don't want to give in to that kind of thinking because when you say start with COD 4's engine, I didn't think they would mean the engine as well as the gameplay elements, whats on screen, etc....

I have applied different places for a key, and will be happy to give one away, if I have an extra one.

I would be very thankful for that.

Just played a few rounds of MP.

All I got to say is wow, just wow. Game is smooth, runs great, and I feel it is up there with COD4 MP. They did a good job with this.

The ranks are cut off at Level 11 for the beta. They've included some of the older XP challenges and added in some new ones. As for the 7 kill streak releasing of the dogs, I haven't decided if it's assinine or cool just yet. But you do get +3 every time you kill one. (Y)

I think they also changed up the kill assist points, as I noticed sometimes I got +6 and other times I got +8. There is also a blue arrow that shows up on the HUD of the map for your teammates (that teammate will also get a blue gamertag). Dont know what that's all about either. If anyone does, please let me know.

Also found my "I hate this map" map already. :laugh:

Call of Duty: World at War Multiplayer Beta is AWESOME.. I kept playing all evening..

It surpassed my expectations quite a bit. I like the vehicle adds, dogs etc.. keeps the whole things dynamic and "hooray!!!" at moments really pumps you up and gives the feeling of a larger scale battle.

Pretty bad ass!

Just played a few rounds of MP.

All I got to say is wow, just wow. Game is smooth, runs great, and I feel it is up there with COD4 MP. They did a good job with this.

The ranks are cut off at Level 11 for the beta. They've included some of the older XP challenges and added in some new ones. As for the 7 kill streak releasing of the dogs, I haven't decided if it's assinine or cool just yet. But you do get +3 every time you kill one. (Y)

I think they also changed up the kill assist points, as I noticed sometimes I got +6 and other times I got +8. There is also a blue arrow that shows up on the HUD of the map for your teammates (that teammate will also get a blue gamertag). Dont know what that's all about either. If anyone does, please let me know.

Also found my "I hate this map" map already. :laugh:

wtf, so gamestop sent out emails but activision didn't? eurgh

wtf, so gamestop sent out emails but activision didn't? eurgh

Some French site gave out codes last night as well at some odd hour! Like 16k of them :| Game seem to be giving them out as well but only if you pre-ordered before 1pm on Thursday to receive them yesterday otherwise you'll have to wait till next Friday (Rubbish system!)

Didnt know about a french site. will try to keep getting a key, I would like to give it a go before purchase. Although 4 player Co-Op for Call of Duty title sounds good.

Some French site gave out codes last night as well at some odd hour! Like 16k of them :| Game seem to be giving them out as well but only if you pre-ordered before 1pm on Thursday to receive them yesterday otherwise you'll have to wait till next Friday (Rubbish system!)

Game only gave codes for the VIP section. They said Activision will send emails with beta codes.

Did you manage to get one?

Did you manage to get one?

Nope he didn't. He goes to bed at like 8pm or something these days :p

And he's away for the night/weekend, that's why I'm answering for him :p

Thanks for the heads up :laugh:

I'm going to guess you and Sethos didn't get one either :(

Nope, I'm waiting for EuroGamer to give them out next week. I'm not in that much of a rush to get one :p

Playing Fracture and Star Wars just now. Yup, so 1337 I play two games at once!

:cool: