[Official] Call of Duty: World at War

King Antonius

Main thing that is ****ing me off, is the lack of spawn point. You've got a map bigger than Cod4's countdown, and there are only 4 spawn points per side.

I've ost count i've spawned inbetween two enemies and been killed instantly, only to be forced to sit fr 15 seconds to respawn, i do respawn, killed, sit and wait again.

Also the amount of times it has spawned an enemy in our base on capture the flag. Now that IS just rediculus.

Sethos

Apoptosis: I have a 6.1 surround set and I have never heard anyone sneak up behind me in Call of Duty 4 when they weren't sprinting. Even back in the days where I had my 360 hooked up to my PC monitor and had to use my headphones / headsets I heard nothing ( High-end Sennheisers ) So I guess you need special hardware to hear it which imo is a flaw with the game. I think it was me who mentioned something about butchering, I just wondered if treyarch had butchered the recipe which I can see they haven't ... They just copied it directly.

I will be getting the 360 version for sure. The PS3 controller is horrible for FPS games coupled with the fact that voice on the PS3 is crap. Some people are too loud, some you can't hear, others have some crappy microphone and some have constant static ... Really is the big flaw of using an 'open' standard and letting users buy their own headsets.

And I do agree with King Antonius. I haven't had that many problems with spawning but sometimes you do spawn behind enemies and they spawn behind you, really annoying when you spawn in an artillery zone or right next to a pair of dogs.

Dc'1

I completely forgot about the beta :( I guess I wont be getting it :p

I'll still be looking forward to the game though :)

BoJo
Apoptosis: I have a 6.1 surround set and I have never heard anyone sneak up behind me in Call of Duty 4 when they weren't sprinting. Even back in the days where I had my 360 hooked up to my PC monitor and had to use my headphones / headsets I heard nothing ( High-end Sennheisers ) So I guess you need special hardware to hear it which imo is a flaw with the game. I think it was me who mentioned something about butchering, I just wondered if treyarch had butchered the recipe which I can see they haven't ... They just copied it directly.

I agree with the problems of requiring special hardware (for the record, if you have turtle beach headphones, or good surround sound headphones then you'll hear it all).

Has anyone played multi-bomb S&D? How does that work?

I completely forgot about the beta :( I guess I wont be getting it :p

I'll still be looking forward to the game though :)

Not to late to register at EG (released tomorrow morning allegedly) or pre-order at GAME (and then cancel your order :shiftyninja:)

Brad.
So I finally hit Rank 11 after what, an hours play time?

There is nothing wrong with the game itself, everything is working just fine and the entire game is a proven recipe which is also the problem. Feels more like an expansion pack and nothing else, I just don't have that "Oh I want to play another round" or "Wow, I love this game!" moments because I feel as though I tried everything before. I will probably get the game because I loved Call of Duty 4 but I still played that game way too much for this game to feel "new". I also still have my doubts regarding to the single-player campaign because a) it's treyarch developing it, they seem to make some extremely boring and generic single-player experiences b) it's the pacific side of World War 2. I love WW2 but the pacific war is really boring in my opinion :p

But the co-op is really a huge plus for me no matter how bad the single-player campaign is ( Like Halo 3 ) always turns out to be loads of fun but multiplayer will only last a solid month or two.

Then a thing I absolutely hated about Call of Duty 4 was, there is no footsteps when you aren't sprinting ... why?! So annoying when a soldier can sneak up behind you even though he is running with like 20-30 pounds of equipment, really ****es me off. Sorry just had to get this in, it's still annoying me big time :laugh: Hate having to constantly check my surroundings with a controller, tires out the thumbs extremely quick.

Oh and another small thing which might just be me but there is something iffy about the rifles. At 50ft or 2ft the bullet travel time is the same. So annoying when you have a guy RIGHT in front of you and you still have to compensate for travel time, what the hell?!

I agree with everything bolded there, basically sums it up for me.

Looking forward to co-op as i have NO IDEA how that could work in a WW2 game :laugh:

Sethos

Had to boot up the laptop just to add something I forgot.

What is it with those weapon sounds? They have no oomph whatsoever! Why does every weapon have to sound like a starving African child hitting some tin-cans with a broken wooden spoon? Call of Duty 4 also suffered from this with some of the weapons but it's even worse now. World War 2 weapons made a ton of noise.

Brad.
Had to boot up the laptop just to add something I forgot.

What is it with those weapon sounds? They have no oomph whatsoever! Why does every weapon have to sound like a starving African child hitting some tin-cans with a broken wooden spoon? Call of Duty 4 also suffered from this with some of the weapons but it's even worse now. World War 2 weapons made a ton of noise.

Argh ****ing tell me about it, they've captured the WW2 scene perfectly, apart from the weapon sounds! I was using a rifle earlier and it was like ''click click click''.

CoD4 weapon sounds were the ****.

+Mystic
So I finally hit Rank 11 after what, an hours play time?

There is nothing wrong with the game itself, everything is working just fine and the entire game is a proven recipe which is also the problem. Feels more like an expansion pack and nothing else, I just don't have that "Oh I want to play another round" or "Wow, I love this game!" moments because I feel as though I tried everything before. I will probably get the game because I loved Call of Duty 4 but I still played that game way too much for this game to feel "new". I also still have my doubts regarding to the single-player campaign because a) it's treyarch developing it, they seem to make some extremely boring and generic single-player experiences b) it's the pacific side of World War 2. I love WW2 but the pacific war is really boring in my opinion :p

That is exactly what I want to test out if I can get a key for the beta. I was an avid player of COD 4 as well and I also have been quite outspoken in this post about just how much COD 5 is exactly like COD 4.

Are any sites still giving out keys?

DirtyLarry
Are any sites still giving out keys?

I would like to know this as well, apparently my two entries have not come through yet, and can I even try through Eurogamer?

DigitalE

Eh... No luck yet getting a beta key :hmmm:

Any kind souls out there? :p

Andrew Lyle

No luck on any sites yet. I'll let you guys know if anything comes up. I'm looking for 2 keys for family members... they are part of my "team" :p

Sethos

Does no one have an old Charlieoscardelta account? So much easier to get a key by migrating it.

+Mystic

Thanks lyles. I will definitely be checking this thread more regularly so I don't miss something. I was away for the weekend and came back to find 4+ pages on this discussion since Friday. :p

DigitalE
Does no one have an old Charlieoscardelta account? So much easier to get a key by migrating it.

How do I migrate an account? My login details from charlieoscardelta don't work.

Sethos

You can't login to Callofduty.com with your Charlieoscardelta account.

First you need create an account over at http://www.callofduty.com/hub.

When you created it and set up everything visit http://www.callofduty.com/points where you link the accounts.

When / If you successfully link the account, visit the avatar creation page again and drag the Purple Heart and VIP Badge into your avatar. I got my key within 6-8 hours under "My Account", -> "Account / Profile".

.KICK
You can't login to Callofduty.com with your Charlieoscardelta account.

First you need create an account over at http://www.callofduty.com/hub.

When you created it and set up everything visit http://www.callofduty.com/points where you link the accounts.

When / If you successfully link the account, visit the avatar creation page again and drag the Purple Heart and VIP Badge into your avatar. I got my key within 6-8 hours under "My Account", -> "Account / Profile".

I migrated mine together ages ago and have 99 points however I dont think it is vip status :( I really would like a key to try this beta though

Sethos
I migrated mine together ages ago and have 99 points however I dont think it is vip status :( I really would like a key to try this beta though

I did it Saturday evening, registered an account and migrated at the same time, next morning there was a key waiting for me.

Pheee

Yeah I did it Sunday midday, today got code, so at least overnight is required.

Browno

Anyone with 2 or more harddrives can just recover their tag and re-download, done mine five times :p

Brad.
Anyone with 2 or more harddrives can just recover their tag and re-download, done mine five times :p

Yeah but that's illegal.

I'll admit that i tried that ONCE with my brothers cod4 map pack, it didn't work.

MightyJordan
Yeah but that's illegal.

Yeah, and it'll also get you banned from the beta. Activision did this back in the CoD 4 beta.

Brad.
Yeah, and it'll also get you banned from the beta. Activision did this back in the CoD 4 beta.

I remember :p

Sethos

Why the hell couldn't they have added at least one Hardcore mode, sick of this regular crap.

Been playing hardcore mode ever since it was released for Call of Duty 4, going back to regular mode is a royal pain in the ass. Game feels so ADHD in its regular form! Everything is just chaos, constant chaos.

"ARG SHOT IN THE BACK, 50 DOGS OH NOES ARTILLERY, 700 RECON PLANES OH NOES 200 GRENADES, BANG BANG BANG!!!!11" Give me tactical damnit!

habnad
Why the hell couldn't they have added at least one Hardcore mode, sick of this regular crap.

Been playing hardcore mode ever since it was released for Call of Duty 4, going back to regular mode is a royal pain in the ass. Game feels so ADHD in its regular form! Everything is just chaos, constant chaos.

"ARG SHOT IN THE BACK, 50 DOGS OH NOES ARTILLERY, 700 RECON PLANES OH NOES 200 GRENADES, BANG BANG BANG!!!!11" Give me tactical damnit!

Wow! Hostile much?

Sethos
Wow! Hostile much?

Yes, so go away.