Neowin Digital Gallery

Welcome to the Neowin photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

The previous thread can be found here.

Thanks!

Well, posted these in last month's thread but they are my latest photos and one or two of them turned out "okay", by my standards ( And they are fairly low :laugh: )

1-thumb.png

2-thumb.png

3-thumb.png

4-thumb.png

5-thumb.png

7-thumb.png

6-thumb.png

Well, since the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics are officially over (I'm actually going through Olympic withdrawal), I thought I would go ahead and post some of the pictures that I took on a recent trip into DT Van with a buddy of mine.

4393624276_156581268c.jpg

4392858843_7306bd2426.jpg

4392858521_bdbed7fab9.jpg

4393625736_636344ed42.jpg

4393624930_f68b315259.jpg

4393668562_6d5f115f43.jpg

I totally forgot it was March today - wrote a reply to Moonmans quip about photoing my sons with about 7 images and, don't you know, the thread gets consigned to the archive!

Whatever, it's March and I took a coupl of images!

4399388798_5222480f46.jpg

Clockwise from Left: Natural Light>UV Filter>IR Filter>Blue Crimelite (and filter)

4399389612_fb93c0b5cd.jpg

Blue crimelite used as light source here - trying to get Charlie not to move during the long-ish exposures (1+ seconds) was not easy :laugh: - reason he has his eyes shut is that the light source is quite powerful and can give you a bit of blindness for a few minutes/hours if you look directly at it.

4399389936_1f36dec9fc.jpg

focus is actually a bit off in the large version of this but I still like it (manualf1.8 50mm lens used - focusing is a bitch :blink: )

@mdagar Really like the second one, creative :)

@ bald :shifty: Cool effect with the crimelite! Also nice stuff with teh filters, really gives you an idea how much filters change a photo!

@ Jordan: Is that fog/smog? Or focused through something? Either way, it came out Really nice.

4388635306_f2ff217b73_b.jpg

Consistent Form

which is more impressive? His consistent form or my consistent timing on the shutter release? :p

*awaits sarcastic comment from moonman* :p

Hmm at first I thought it was like a 3 second action and burst mode, but then the dude in the background didn't match, first he's bored, then interested, then bored/turning away :p

On topic, good stuff crazzy! Even the guy's feet look the same in all shots, heck if you look from the waist below, you couldn't tell teh difference. (Y) (Y) Did he win at least :p

I dunno.. haha. There was 8 matches going on at once, and I had to shoot all 8, so I usually stay for 1 set at each court and try and cover everybody. As I said in last month's gallery thread, I stay in between two courts and cover 2 at once!

Just realised I made an error in the description of my "popart" cactus.

It's, clockwise from left, Natural light>UV Filter>Blue Crimelite (and filter)>IR Filter. The crimelite produces a nice pink/red on the cactus. It does the same with black coloured mass produce plastics (like mouse casings/monitor bezels/cordless phones - its a bit strange but I guess it is to do with the quality of the plastics.

Pic again:

4399388798_5222480f46.jpg

Well, since the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics are officially over (I'm actually going through Olympic withdrawal), I thought I would go ahead and post some of the pictures that I took on a recent trip into DT Van with a buddy of mine.

good stuff

I totally forgot it was March today - wrote a reply to Moonmans quip about photoing my sons with about 7 images and, don't you know, the thread gets consigned to the archive!

Whatever, it's March and I took a coupl of images!

:p i was trying to reply but it was locked. haha

which is more impressive? His consistent form or my consistent timing on the shutter release? :p

*awaits sarcastic comment from moonman* :p

HIS FORM! haha! wat? no strobes?! :o

4402902064_a89a3963cc.jpg

are these photoshop filters or actual filters you put on your lens?

Real life filters on my lens. PECA 904 (i think - don't have it to hand just now) for IR (effectively a R72), PECA 900 (again not entirely sure of #at moment) for UV and a Yellow GG495 - specific wavelength filter by Foster Freeman for the crimelite.

With any luck I'll see dedicated Fuji S3 Pros converted into a UV and IR specific cameras and should get much clearer differentiation between shots of the same subject (though with change of camera rather than filter I'm unlikely to have the subject photographed exactly the same in each of the four shots.

Fingers crossed for the conversions - work paying for it!! :laugh:

Here's some photos from my recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. It was my first time there and all I can say is that it's a city with a lot of character and a lot of nice people.

4404704565_6198f20a2a.jpg

4404705641_cedf5022ca.jpg

4404708065_8e4b487ab6.jpg

Just generated a second HDR image:

SnijersSpa2010.jpg

Patrick Snijers @ Boucles de Spa legend, a rally in Belgium

This one is created with a single RAW image file

I really like that one (Y) :)

I really like that one (Y) :)

The photo is good, the border with the drop shadow... well... that's ugly IMO.

This is CISCO's VP, he was at a talk at my university:

4403708934_5171dcc146.jpg

I built a small white light box thingie last night, it was made of thick paper so it's now destroyed (due to the water). I did get a couple of nice shots out of it though.

4407707522_59af511a6f.jpg