Neowin Digital Gallery

Whoa? are those her natural eyes? if so... DAYUM!! those would maake for an awesome macro! Also, no idea what you mean by micro-calibration, would you share some insight on that?

Off topic, get that girl some chap stick!

Hahaha yeah they are close to her natural eyes. I had to boost the colour a little as they are a little dull in crappy light.

As for AF microadjust, its the slight adjustment of the body lens combination to make sure that you dont get front focus or back focus.

As you like her eyes so much, here is another one... (these are popped)

4071801932_af94867b57_o.jpg

Hahaha yeah they are close to her natural eyes. I had to boost the colour a little as they are a little dull in crappy light.

As for AF microadjust, its the slight adjustment of the body lens combination to make sure that you dont get front focus or back focus.

As you like her eyes so much, here is another one... (these are popped)

-snipped--

nice eyes :) ! I'm a sucker for eyes :( :laugh: Though that one is a lot better than the first one you posted.

on the AF, but how ?

nice eyes :) ! I'm a sucker for eyes :( :laugh: Though that one is a lot better than the first one you posted.

on the AF, but how ?

Some Canon cameras have an AF micro adjust function (in AF drive custom settings menu). You use a focus chart to test the focus wide open and adjust the slider accordingly. You can register up to 20 lenses and i believe its included in the 50d, 7d, 5d2, and 1d series.

You use a focus chart like this one.. http://focustestchart.com/

Some Canon cameras have an AF micro adjust function (in AF drive custom settings menu). You use a focus chart to test the focus wide open and adjust the slider accordingly. You can register up to 20 lenses and i believe its included in the 50d, 7d, 5d2, and 1d series.

You use a focus chart like this one.. http://focustestchart.com/

Oh... Nikon user here, but I guess I'll search around see if mine has said function. Thanks :)

Since I couldn't bring my DSLR.. I had to bring my old 9 year old Point and Shoot to the Muse concert.

26431_366661771600_501016600_4144138_2639016_n.jpg

26431_366661791600_501016600_4144141_2794395_n.jpg

26431_366662266600_501016600_4144190_1887946_n.jpg

26431_366662336600_501016600_4144196_4929905_n.jpg

26431_366662471600_501016600_4144210_7888574_n.jpg

26431_366662611600_501016600_4144222_4087758_n.jpg

26431_366662756600_501016600_4144238_1271485_n.jpg

26431_366662921600_501016600_4144257_6762729_n.jpg

26431_366662941600_501016600_4144258_6610683_n.jpg

26431_366663076600_501016600_4144276_7973227_n.jpg

26431_366663086600_501016600_4144278_4556129_n.jpg

I took a bunch of pics.. these are like the best of the crop.. enjoy guys. It was a hell of a night!

not too bad for a 9 year old P&S...

My girlfriend's going to the Muse show in...when ever it comes to town. she won't stop talking about it haha

Awesome shots Razorwing, I want so see. I wonder when a tour of The Resistance is coming to M?xico.

I'm going to see Coldplay / Bat for Lashes later tonight here in Monterrey, M?xico.

DUDE YOU FRIGGIN SHOT UNDEROATH!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! /me cries like a fan girl :p THey're like My favorite band in like the world!!! :p

Seriously though, I checked your flickr :shiftyninja: and you don't have any moar shots, if you do have them, please share them? Low-res or/and or huge watermark is ok with me :p :blush: The light is amazing! ( actually 1680x1050 would be nice :p But if not, it's understandable :) )

And one of your mates tumblr is not working "Full gallery over at www.tumblr.com/chrisensell " :blush:

Since I couldn't bring my DSLR.. I had to bring my old 9 year old Point and Shoot to the Muse concert.

<CROPALOPALOP!>

I took a bunch of pics.. these are like the best of the crop.. enjoy guys. It was a hell of a night!

Have you tried using a polarizer? Look into it, looks like something you could use.

DUDE YOU FRIGGIN SHOT UNDEROATH!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! /me cries like a fan girl :p THey're like My favorite band in like the world!!! :p

Seriously though, I checked your flickr :shiftyninja: and you don't have any moar shots, if you do have them, please share them? Low-res or/and or huge watermark is ok with me :p :blush: The light is amazing! ( actually 1680x1050 would be nice :p But if not, it's understandable :) )

And one of your mates tumblr is not working "Full gallery over at www.tumblr.com/chrisensell " :blush:

ha I thought you may have liked that post for some reason! not gunna lie they were amazing!

Whats your email ill send you a copy over?!

yea I know i already told him, he still hasn't changed it yet.

Bit too much on the highpass gatorade/nike styling for me, but the shots are great.

I agree that the contrast might be a bit too high. They do look cool though.

All of those water shots has me interested in taking a shot at it :p

It's pretty cool taking them, do get an assistant though.

DUDE YOU FRIGGIN SHOT UNDEROATH!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!?? /me cries like a fan girl :p?THey're like My favorite band in like the world!!!?

I knew Draconian Guppy was going to flip out with those shots as soon as I saw them.

Now, on to some of the stuff I had not uploaded before:

4419428213_0fa34e24db.jpg

Similar to others I had uploaded, I like the way the water splashed on this one, though it's a shame the apple slice was completely on one side (and the ugly one too).

Basically the same info applies for this shot as for the previous ones similar to it so here is the copy/paste:

For this shot, I built a small white box. I used four sheets of 24 lb white paper (98% whiteness), the first one was on the bottom and I put a transparent plastic over it. The other ones were used to go behind and to the sides of the water glass, I put it together with stick glue and some basic cuts & folds. I left the top and front uncovered (so I could drop the fruit and take the picture respectively) used a relatively long focal length to "flatten" the image and lit it with a flash (I currently have a borrowed Nikon SB600) by using test mode, the flash was at 1/4 power, set at 24 mm and separated a couple of inches from the back of the "white box" pointing to the front of the box (that's why it looks back-lit).

What I did is turn off all of the lights and put the camera in bulb mode (I have a wired remote for controlling the shutter while in bulb) and the in the dark drop the fruit and press the flash's test button as the fruit hit the water; this obviously required coordination and there were quite a few times when I lit the flash too early or too late (or hit the rim of the glass with the fruit).

If you're going to do this I'd recommend finding some material which is white, translucent and doesn't absorb water.

4421480546_7f8a9f2fa3.jpg

4423837678_dcb34cbeba.jpg

Now, these two were taken in the same sink as the spoon I had shot before. Basically left the camera on a long focal length and a relatively wide aperture in manual focus and using a wired remote I activated the shutter in bulb mode. While the shutter was open I used a Nikon SB-600 at around 1/16 power to freeze the action (the room was completely dark). I used bulb to position the flash in a direction other than directly in front of the camera (I don't have wireless triggers or PC cables).

The difference between the first one and the second one is I basically let more water flow for the second.

4425376835_c7614506b5.jpg

This is a shot I took last month, for this one I used natural lighting IIRC. The B&W conversion was made using the BW Natural 1 preset and making some slight adjustments on it.

4430777706_382079c207.jpg

Finally, this is a photo I took at the Coldplay concert here in Monterrey, M?xico. I did not have any sort of press pass (I don't really do that, sadly) so I could just take in my P&S, this shot came out rather nicely even though I was not in the front row.