Neowin Digital Gallery

Sure, just hold the camera with one hand and the polarizer with the other :laugh:

:rofl: Well it's doable :laugh:

ha I thought you may have liked that post for some reason! not gunna lie they were amazing!

Whats your email ill send you a copy over?!

yea I know i already told him, he still hasn't changed it yet.

:( You could've lied you know and said "Those guys suck so much I don't ever even want to hear them again :p " j/k But yes please!!!! a c b a c c i at geeem a i l dot com ( sorry spam bots :angry: ) OH MAI GAWD!!! Like Thank you :p /fangirl in me

Seriously though I "follow" This dudes photos from time to time and I can't really say He has shot anything that "wows" me like that spencer photo you took, it's just overall composition, sharpness, Barely any noise, lighting is amazing... Did you shoot bare (eg no flash?) I'm guessing maybe a flash mounted on top? Else please teach me how did you manage to get spencer lit up with so many lights and the bonus that they're one of my fav. bands :p

I agree that the contrast might be a bit too high. They do look cool though.

It's pretty cool taking them, do get an assistant though.

I knew Draconian Guppy was going to flip out with those shots as soon as I saw them.

Now, on to some of the stuff I had not uploaded before:

Similar to others I had uploaded, I like the way the water splashed on this one, though it's a shame the apple slice was completely on one side (and the ugly one too).

Basically the same info applies for this shot as for the previous ones similar to it so here is the copy/paste:

Now, these two were taken in the same sink as the spoon I had shot before. Basically left the camera on a long focal length and a relatively wide aperture in manual focus and using a wired remote I activated the shutter in bulb mode. While the shutter was open I used a Nikon SB-600 at around 1/16 power to freeze the action (the room was completely dark). I used bulb to position the flash in a direction other than directly in front of the camera (I don't have wireless triggers or PC cables).

The difference between the first one and the second one is I basically let more water flow for the second.

This is a shot I took last month, for this one I used natural lighting IIRC. The B&W conversion was made using the BW Natural 1 preset and making some slight adjustments on it.

Finally, this is a photo I took at the Coldplay concert here in Monterrey, M?xico. I did not have any sort of press pass (I don't really do that, sadly) so I could just take in my P&S, this shot came out rather nicely even though I was not in the front row.

I'm that transparent huh ? :no: Music scene here (Honduras) sucks so bad... Everything and anything local sounds like Led zeppelin/bob Marley thrown in a blender, then all we get are tribute bands :no: Last year we had " 2U" Tribute band to U2 which Sucked soooooooo bad... then Guns n Roses Tribute band I can't even recall the name... and just last month a Metallica tribute band called "misery" Which was... just Meh... Well Maybe musically they sound alright, but compared to the original they're just plain... (N)(N)

The closest I've been to going to a "real" concert, was Underoath in Guatemala... and their show got canceled :angry: :( Nice coldplay shot, Very good composition, just shows you can get good shots even without photographer pass, like razorwing who used an 8 year old P & S.

Gotta say though if it were me either from the crowd or from teh pit, I probably couldn't take shots out of the excitement. ( picture leave BRITNEY ALONE!!! :p )

Love the water shots, question for you though, though you already explained, I still don't get why the need of bulb mode? I would think it's better to have the room lit up either naturally or artificially and some help with the flash for freezing water movement, Don't get me wrong, the shots are awesome, I just don't get it. :p ( By I would think I mean, that's how I would do it, hence why I'm asking :) )

PS. Have you tried those apple slices and lemon in black n white? Light balance is good, so I'm betting you could get sweet b&w ( or weird looking :s :p ).

Well, I can't say I've ever had the fortune to get up close and personal for shots like Jordan's, however, I am going to see the Conchords in May and if I can get a hold of some kind of f1.8 fast lens then I'm in! :laugh:

Final Scene/Unseen image - cos I'm fed up with it, I need a good location for it but getting the use of the equipment out of work is not easy so I'm stuck with the Store room. :crazy:

4436068275_d412dda80f.jpg

Actually, I think what will happen is that in April, when I receive a brand new IR Converted D90 for trailing, I'm goni go a take a "publicity" style shot of Police cars or maybe the Fire Service - I could title that "Fighting Fire with IR", no? :rofl:

Cheers

Put up one without the border too. Link

Edited by badldragon

oki sending it now dude! and thank you man its apprecaited!

Naw man, thank you! You've no idea how long I googled for "Spencer chamberlain HD" or "Spencer Chamberlain high quality" and found either crappy shots blown up or really low res!

Still practising, critique welcomed. I wan't to know if there are any obvious flaws in these that I don't yet understand :).

I think they're pretty good pictures - the only thing I notice is the composition. Try not to center things in the frame (unless the situation warrants it ;) ). For example, if you composed the squirrel shot with the squirrel more to the right of the frame it would make for a more interesting composition.

As for the second picture, a higher vantage point and shooting it from the other side would've helped a bit. Right now we don't really see much of the woodpecker, just the back.

All in all, nice pictures though and the color looks great in them. (Y)

I think they're pretty good pictures - the only thing I notice is the composition. Try not to center things in the frame (unless the situation warrants it ;) ). For example, if you composed the squirrel shot with the squirrel more to the right of the frame it would make for a more interesting composition.

As for the second picture, a higher vantage point and shooting it from the other side would've helped a bit. Right now we don't really see much of the woodpecker, just the back.

All in all, nice pictures though and the color looks great in them. (Y)

Thanks for the tips :). I read about composition and tried it, it definitely makes a difference.

OT, that woodpecker was on top of a large tree and that tree was missing about 1 meter on top. I wonder if he has worked his whole life on that tree :D

post-53177-12688300964947_thumb.jpg

inspiring work bubba.

lol what's so cool about the hat?

It's a Tapout hat, and a hot girl is wearing it... what's not cool about it..lol

Thanks for the tips :). I read about composition and tried it, it definitely makes a difference.

OT, that woodpecker was on top of a large tree and that tree was missing about 1 meter on top. I wonder if he has worked his whole life on that tree :D

post-53177-12688300964947_thumb.jpg

You're welcome. :) And the recomposed woodpecker picture looks much more interesting in my opinion. (Y)

I'v been a busy boy!

after look at those pics... All I can say is...

That's what he said! :hump:

:shiftyninja:

Sorry amount of skin shown affects my ability to say anything worthwhile :p

Couple of shots in the garden today

4447652749_de5253043a.jpg

4447653569_41dc877671.jpg

4447654051_36d2bb5e7e.jpg

4448429526_444eed6db7.jpg

weirdly the pp has caused the cat to look like it has been photoshopped in! Might need to tweak it.

4447654821_5e38b967b0.jpg

Out of interest, what is the printing ethos of everyone here? I've adopted a, belated, new years resolution where I aim to print at least 30-40% of the images I upload (and those that I consider good images but do not want to upload). I'm waiting til end of March to retroactively apply the ethos to Jan and Feb as well as March.

Images spend so long sitting there on the HDD or Flickr and while the can look great there is just something nice about a physical print.

:laugh:

Still practising, critique welcomed. I wan't to know if there are any obvious flaws in these that I don't yet understand :).

post-53177-12688158867456_thumb.jpg

Omg, supercute!