problem with miracast in windows 10

Hi all,

i am trying to connect my custom built PC to LG TV (through miracast)

but can't seems to get it to work

MY PC build as follow

Asus X99 rampage V - i7 5930 - 16 Gb ram - 780 GTX - Broadcom Wireless-AC

Windows 10 [insider build 14372] ,Geforce driver 368,39

--------

ideally i went to cast full desktop +being able to  game on it 

Untitled.png

Actually it is.  I have the problem with my Surface and the LG Televisions, but I have not had a problem with a Samsung in the Office.

So it is TV/Card/Network related.

Make sure you are not running the NVidia Shield software just to make sure.  If you are Miracast is going to fail hard.

last time I checked miracast required certain hardware, and Broadcom devices where not on the list.

Intel wifi works well with miracast.

Edited by nekrosoft13

im pretty sure that you'll need a supported Intel WiDi driver, or is that different from Miracast?

do you know if your PC and LG tv support WiDi? Both are supported on my Samsung tv and Samsung laptop (with an Intel wifi chip)

btw, you probably wont have much success gaming over a wireless connection. there's significant lag.

5 hours ago, Jason S. said:

im pretty sure that you'll need a supported Intel WiDi driver, or is that different from Miracast?

do you know if your PC and LG tv support WiDi? Both are supported on my Samsung tv and Samsung laptop (with an Intel wifi chip)

btw, you probably wont have much success gaming over a wireless connection. there's significant lag.

5 hours ago, Clirion said:

Actually it is.  I have the problem with my Surface and the LG Televisions, but I have not had a problem with a Samsung in the Office.

So it is TV/Card/Network related.

Make sure you are not running the NVidia Shield software just to make sure.  If you are Miracast is going to fail hard.

5 hours ago, nekrosoft13 said:

last time I checked miracast required certain hardware, and Broadcom devices where not on the list.

Intel wifi works well with miracast.

much to my dismay look like the clurpit is the graphic card/driver  ; my LG support such faction just fine , it recent 2015 model 4K

780 GTX /driver doesn't support 

need 960GTX /980 series or above for WIDI/miracast :(

but video work fine (cast to)  to play them on TV , there are some lag even through my i have wireless AC (both router and client  wifi )

guess i would pull long HDMI wire ,  untail hopefully  in the future....... 

thanks for the replies nonetheless 

while the 4K et all is fine, double check on the TV. Mine is the 2015 49in 4K with WebOS. THis model has had more problems (from web forums as well) than my older 42in LG OS. 

Just letting you know from my many many hours of research. :)