Protester bled from his ear after being shoved by police — cops say he ‘tripped’

SHocking video from Buffalo, New York was posted online on Thursday after a large group of police confronted a lone protester — and then violently shoved him.

“Shortly after Buffalo’s curfew started, city police and State Police swept through the area of Niagara Square directly in front of City Hall to clear the area where a protest was finishing. An unidentified, older man was hit shoved by two officers in the line. The man lost his balance and fell to the pavement, audibly hitting his head with blood running out from under his head,” WBFO-TV reports.

Multiple camera angles were captured by local reporters.

WKBW-TV’s Jeff Russo reports the Buffalo Police Department spokesperson claimed the man “was injured when he tripped and fell.”

Russo disputed the claim.

“We had a crew on the scene and after seeing video he clearly was pushed and stumbled backwards,” Russo reported.

Source: https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/watch-protester-bled-from-his-ear-after-being-shoved-by-police-cops-say-he-tripped/?fbclid=IwAR3U7YbZLQolHa4L8ByI-y2gdT-hhFc9IobBAFzvzT-2PP_DY82bzhrefc8

Police at it again, and not towards a black.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't understand why they still haven't rolled out this technology for crown control (much cheaper and safer); then such scenarios could have been avoided:

I'm not justifying what happened nobody deserves this treatment.  I am just going to share what I know, this guy is at every protest for every cause imaginable in Buffalo either side of an argument.  To my understanding he has engaged the officers before for random reasons over the years.

2 hours ago, DoctorD said:

I'm not justifying what happened nobody deserves this treatment.  I am just going to share what I know, this guy is at every protest for every cause imaginable in Buffalo either side of an argument.  To my understanding he has engaged the officers before for random reasons over the years.

Whether he's at every protest there is, is still is no excuse for the cops to just walk past him when you can easily see blood after he falls! Doesn't matter whether he tripped, stumbled, or fell on purpose either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cork1958 said:

Whether he's at every protest there is, is still is no excuse for the cops to just walk past him when you can easily see blood after he falls! Doesn't matter whether he tripped, stumbled, or fell on purpose either.

I do not disagree I am just relaying what I know.

16 minutes ago, DoctorD said:

Not to be that guy - but seeing as there's as much fake news as there is real: source?

1 hour ago, Human.Online said:

Not to be that guy - but seeing as there's as much fake news as there is real: source?

If the original link from OP doesn't float your boat, how about this one:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/04/buffalo-cops-shove-elderly-man-hits-head-starts-bleeding/

or this one:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/elderly-man-appears-unconscious-bleeding-from-ear-after-shoved-to-ground-by-buffalo-ny-police/ar-BB153ERu

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, cork1958 said:

Some of the videos show tan uniformed officers, prob national guard, kneel down and look at the guy after the officers pushed him.  So he was looked at.  Looks like the officers who pushed him was going to stop others from coming  forward.

And be careful at the videos posted online as well.  Other cases, I noticed the videos starting right when the incident happened (not showing what led up to the incident) or the  videos ending prematurely.  (not showing what happened after)

• Facepalm 1

40 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

I think you misread who o was asking for a source. I know this happened and I’m asking for a source on the assertion that “he is always at every protest”

5 hours ago, cork1958 said:

If you listen to the audio, within a few seconds of him falling down and bleeding you hear them call out for a medic. Then shortly after two men dressed in military uniform stop.

I don't really understand why people think that they just push the guy over and left him there because in the video they clearly did not.

29 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

If you listen to the audio, within a few seconds of him falling down and bleeding you hear them call out for a medic. Then shortly after two men dressed in military uniform stop.

I don't really understand why people think that they just push the guy over and left him there because in the video they clearly did not.

You can see 2 tan officers stop right after the 2 who pushed the guy walk by.  The kept walking (notice one officer stopped the other from checking o the guy) to stop protesters.

8 hours ago, DoctorD said:

4 hours ago, DoctorD said:

He's been a peaceful protestor for what appears to be decades.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Technically they (the cops) did leave him on the ground did they not?  Actually, one cop stopped the other from assisting and instead letting the military to triage the man.

If that happened to your father or grandfather would you be outraged that the cop just walked away after shoving him to the ground for no reason?

• Like 4

America's largest gang has been on display over the last few weeks. I am glad more and more are starting to realize we have some of the worst people in positions of power and they are abusing it.

5 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

America's largest gang has been on display over the last few weeks. I am glad more and more are starting to realize we have some of the worst people in positions of power and they are abusing it.

Wait until people find out how flat out messed up the court system is across the USA, some judges should wear robes and patches that match their sponsorship.

3 hours ago, Human.Online said:

I think you misread who o was asking for a source. I know this happened and I’m asking for a source on the assertion that “he is always at every protest”

• Thanks 1

Why did the 75 year old guy approach the police? It did not look like a "Killer" shove. It did look like a "Back up" shove.

Judging by the video it Looked more like he approached the police, the police didn't approach him.

4 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Why did the 75 year old guy approach the police? It did not look like a "Killer" shove. It did look like a "Back up" shove.

Judging by the video it Looked more like he approached the police, the police didn't approach him.

Why didn't the cops just take him to the rear like they did a younger protester 15 seconds later?  Also, what is a "killer" shove?  Any shove can become "killer" if the person loses their balance and whacks their head on a hard substance...such as concrete.

They shouldn't have shoved him ... period.  

13 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Why did the 75 year old guy approach the police?

What an asinine question. Did he pose a threat to the well armed, well built police officers by approaching them as is his right?

17 minutes ago, warwagon said:

What does a "killer" shove look like? Are you suggesting only certain shove types of dangerous? 

2 hours ago, primortal said:

Technically they (the cops) did leave him on the ground did they not?  Actually, one cop stopped the other from assisting and instead letting the military to triage the man.

They immediately call for a medic to help him. Do you want all the officers to stop doing their jobs and help the guy or have the people who's job it is help the guy do the helping?

2 hours ago, primortal said:

If that happened to your father or grandfather would you be outraged that the cop just walked away after shoving him to the ground for no reason?

I would ask the same questions I am now. Making it personal doesn't help anything.

I cannot believe people on here are actually trying to legitimise police officers in full riot gear shoving a man, probably in his 80's to the ground then showing no concern whatsoever for his health AS HE BLEEDS FROM HIS EAR, they were less than half his age and just strolled off leaving him lying in a pool of his own blood!!! A MAN IN HIS 80'S!!!!

What in the hell is wrong with you? What the hell has happened to your country?!

Where is the decency?

9 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

I cannot believe people on here are actually trying to legitimise police officers in full riot gear shoving a man, probably in his 80's to the ground then showing no concern whatsoever for his health AS HE BLEEDS FROM HIS EAR, they were less than half his age and just strolled off leaving him lying in a pool of his own blood!!! A MAN IN HIS 80'S!!!!

What in the hell is wrong with you? What the hell has happened to your country?!

Where is the decency?

Nothing has happened to our country. D*cks come in all nationalities.

• Facepalm 2