Watercolor Emico

weforumpreviewil3.png

Watercolor Emico

So.. almost a year after I've started working on this skin the 1st style is finally done. This version contains the Blue substyles with a "Modern" and a "Classic" taskbar.

This skin is based on the skin called "Watercolor". It's a skin that was being used in the beta's of XP.

I wanted to make my own skin so tornado5 aka em3 told me that I should try and make a new version of Watercolor.

This is the outcome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to install:

Extract the folder called "WE" to "C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes".

Right click the desktop > properties > appearance > then from the first drop select "Watercolor Emico"

From the 2nd drop downlist you can make a choice between the "Modern" and the "Classic" taskbar.

In the 3rd drop downlist you can make a choice between a "Normal" or a "Compact" start panel.

To use this theme you need to patch the Windows system file uxtheme.dll. You can read about how to do that here: Link

Bugs that I know of:

*Some palet frames arent drawn the correct way.(Application bug)

*In some webbrowsers the buttons might be resized the wrong way. (Browser bug)

* Multi row taskbar does not look good. (Theme)

Modification can not be released. You can make them as long as you keep them for personal use only.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug fixes and updates in Blue:

06-06-08:

- Fixed the palet frames

- Fixed the palet caption buttons

- Fixed the black text on the side taskbars to white

- Changed the way the taskbar image is being stretched when using multiple rows.

- New toolbar and placebar images

14-06-08:

- Fixed the toolbar gripper in Blue Classic

- Fixed the vertical toolbar grippers in Blue Modern and Classic

- Fixed the placebar button in Blue Modern

Bug fixes and updates in Ergonomic Blue:

14-06-08:

- Changed the orange on the buttons

- Changed the orange on the tabs

- Changed the orange on the checkboxes

- Changed the orange on the radiobuttons

- Removed some gloss in the flash button. There was a bit to much gloss in that button compared to the others.

Bug fixes and updates in Black:

21-06-08:

- Changed the toolbar buttons and the placebar buttons from orange to blue

- Fixed the top taskbar

This release only contains Watercolor Emico: Blue. In the next couple of weeks I'm going to release the following color styles:

Still to be made:

- Blue SE (Working title)

Shellstyles:

I personally don't use them which is the reason why I didn't make any. When all the main styles are done I'm gonna see if I can make some fitting shellstyles.

I already have a few ideas. It will be uploaded to deviantART as an add-on to the skin.

Contribution:

If you feel like contributing to this skin with application skins then go ahead and make them. All you have to do is ask me for permission by email with a screenshot.

My email address is: makeshift.grey@gmail.com.

For more info about further progress, application skins etc. read the journal that I've made on deviantART: Watercolor Emico: Further progress and info

Credits:

Credits go out to all the beta testers.

Credits also go out to tornado5 aka em3 because he helped me a lot while I was working on it.

I was heavily inspired by LE which is why a few things might look a bit like it.

And thanks to Binary for letting me use his Watercolor Lite as a base.

Please give me some feedback about the skin.

Download: Watercolor Emico: Blue

Download: Watercolor Emico: Ergonomic Blue

Download: Watercolor Emico: Black

Download: Watercolor Emico: Silver

Download: Watercolor Emico: Olive

Edited by Capric0rn

Oh wow that almost makes me want to go back to Windows XP just so i can use it, i prefer the classic taskbar, very slick.

Very, very nice. It would be even nicer if there were more colour variants, like black or dark grey or some lighter options for folks into white themes. Nevertheless 5 star work IMHO.

Wow, when I changed my desk, it certainly took me by surprise, because it was so bright! But it does look very nice. Out of the two styles, I prefer the classic version but I might mod it to my tastes but so far it looks very nice. No shellstyle is a bit of a downer but I guess you can't have everything at the moment. Overall, it's going to be staying on my desk for a while. Take your time with the other releases, certainly no rush from me :laugh: !

Now, how about starting some startbutton mods such as the previous LE thread had in abundance :p ?

Scirwode

Capric0rn!! <3

I'm using some old Watercolor visual style at the moment and this will be the perfect upgrade, thanks so much for your efforts.. testing in progress :)

Great theme!

One question I have always wondered about people who make themes; What made you decide to remove the Windows logo on the start bar and replace it with a custom one?

Thanks all for the positive feedback! :D

@Rebdomine: Do you know the original Watercolor and how much everyone liked it?

@winrez: The default icon from XP doesn't fit this theme.

looks cool but i dont get the fuss about it

The original Watercolour was first introduced in the Whistler builds, which in my opinion made Windows XP look very professional.

Scirwode

Hands down, best looking interpretation of Watercolor ever, and the best theme I've ever seen.

/me opens up Windows XP