Rating: 4 of 5

Story: different than early comics, of course, but it shows why people ended up where nicely.

Cast: Michael Fassbender IS Magneto - PERIOD!!!! - and James McAvoy is far more than just credible as Professor X. Good casting up and down.

Screenplay/Direction: slow in spots, what flick isn't?, but made up for elsewhere. Exciting wher it needs to be.

F/X: every penny is on that screen - very good

Last word: a very successful reboot of the franchise, with just the perfect tone. Lots of room for sequels. One of the better Marvel themed films.

I didn't like the other x-men films at all including wolverine. But this was a good film, I would happily watch it again. Probably the second best Marvel film behind thor.

I thought it was great! My favorite of the 4 by far. Consistency with the comics aside, it had a great story, good elements of humor and good action. Everything the X-men should be!

The actors were all very good and Magneto was a bad ass!

5/5!

The obligatory cameo was perfection!

When the punchline was delivered the whole theater LOL'ed :)

RottenTomatoes scores -

Reviewers: 87% (168 Fresh, 22 Rotten)

Audience: 88% (4.5/5.0 - 41,600 sample)

Just got back from seeing First Class, and I have to say that I came away impressed. Even my girlfriend loved it. The climax of the film was near perfect, and I loved the cameos. Good casting and acting, and the special effects were top notch. Kevin Bacon was surprisingly awesome too! 4.5/5

I didn't like the other x-men films at all including wolverine. But this was a good film, I would happily watch it again. Probably the second best Marvel film behind thor.

You didn't like the other X-men movies (minus Wolverine, because that was a p.o.s.) but you liked Thor? What the hell?

Thought it was pretty damn good, better than the other X-Men movies in my opinion. Good humor much of the way through, and quite enjoyable to see how everything started. (not a comic book guy, so don't wag the finger at me for not knowing)

4/5 (Y)

Incredibly psyched to go see this tomorrow. Going to an 11:50 am matinee with my wife. Just really looking forward to it. More so than any other movie in quite some time. Will post back with my thoughts when I get back.

After one horrible (Wolverine) and one dissapointing (X3) movie, this is X-Men back on top! Good story and perfect mix of comedy, drama and action. 4/5 and my best this year so far.

Oh, and this has got to get the price for best usage of the F***-word in a PG13 movie :p

The obligatory cameo was perfection!

When I first saw him I was like "He wasn't supposed to be in the movie." Then he delivered the punchline.

:laugh:

9/10 and easily best x-men movie to date. Great cast (January Jones looked pretty, but her acting was imho disappointing, everbody else - good to great), cool story and most importantly enough content to fill these 2 hours without movie feeling stretched.

It's definitely the best X-Men movie so far. The acting was really good and the special effects were superb. Also, the cameo scenes were great (especially the one by

Wolverine

). Did anyone notice the cameo by

the actress that played Mystique in X1-X3

? Out of my friends, I was the only person to notice.

My rating: 5/5

I just saw it yesterday and it was an amazing movie. I would give it a 4/5.

I wish I could talk my brother into watching it since he is a fan, but he does not like James McAvoy JUST because of wanted :wacko: Every actor has made at least one bad/horrible movie

Saw this launch day @ 10pm. ****ING EPIC.

Best x-men movie. Wolverine / Hugh jackman still a badass.

The actor who played magneto, ****ing badass.

The actor who played professor x, superb.

The whole movie was well made. I'll watch it again easily.

Only thing I don't like about the series is that it's now following the "star wars syndrome" where you have to watch 4-5-6-1-2-3 for star wars for x-men you have to watch First Class-Wolverine-X1-X2-X3.

Or that's how it seems because this movie puts everything into perspective.

X-Men First class (The bane of my x-men fanaticism)

I must say I had my reservations about watching this adaption of X-Men , And I gave it a chance but unfortunately they did it again

if your an old school x-men fan then you would understand , placing random mutants through out the comics and even show in to this film . The only thing x-men

related is there names. They have not done the series justice .(sorry if you haven?t seen the movie yet)another annoying thing is the over stated scenes , c?mon when your mother dies what do you do ?

yell out and say Nein for 5 minutes !!! Or cradle her and then release the power ??? (i think the cradling makes for a more realistic scene and adds additional drama) ,

The meeting of Professor X and Mystique as children got to me the most. As did Magneto and Prof X meeting and departing ways as they did without contribution

Or helping Prof X with Cerebro ? Where was the mention of Prof X?s brother ? So they gave him Mystique as a (sister)phhffttt !!!

But I must give it some applause for the fight scenes and the story line itself was ok . Im not an aggressive person but quite passive

And this movie just aggravated me throughout the whole thing

If your a true fan pre-warning random mutants through out the x-men history with random abilities is to be had in this film , If you were upset with

The producers/directors/writers changing almost everything about the original x-men (jean grey having a split personality over an alien entity, Lady Death strike having no connection to wolverine,Wolverine actually being able to to hurt Jean Grey in that awakened state, Storm appearing as a child in this film living in America) I could sadly go on and on about the

Random events of these movies but I shan?t for now .

So you may like it as I have not , or you may dislike as I have , But judge for yourselves anyone who may read this .

Peace

Neteru

I liked it. It has its imperfections, but it's an enjoyable film, and Vaughn managed to adhere to the lore and continuity quite faithfully.

As an aside, I thought Jackman's cameo was hilarious.

I must say I had my reservations about watching this adaption of X-Men , And I gave it a chance but unfortunately they did it again

if your an old school x-men fan then you would understand , placing random mutants through out the comics and even show in to this film . The only thing x-men

related is there names. They have not done the series justice .(sorry if you haven?t seen the movie yet)another annoying thing is the over stated scenes , c?mon when your mother dies what do you do ?

yell out and say Nein for 5 minutes !!! Or cradle her and then release the power ??? (i think the cradling makes for a more realistic scene and adds additional drama) ,

The meeting of Professor X and Mystique as children got to me the most. As did Magneto and Prof X meeting and departing ways as they did without contribution

Or helping Prof X with Cerebro ? Where was the mention of Prof X?s brother ? So they gave him Mystique as a (sister)phhffttt !!!

But I must give it some applause for the fight scenes and the story line itself was ok . Im not an aggressive person but quite passive

If your a true fan pre-warning random mutants through out the x-men history with random abilities is to be had in this film , If you were upset with

The producers/directors/writers changing almost everything about the original x-men (jean grey having a split personality over an alien entity, Lady Death strike having no connection to wolverine,Wolverine actually being able to to hurt Jean Grey in that awakened state, Storm appearing as a child in this film living in America) I could sadly go on and on about the

So you may like it as I have not , or you may dislike as I have , But judge for yourselves anyone who may read this .

Peace

Neteru

The relationship between Xavier and Magneto *was* mentioned; in fact, it was Xavier that prevented Magneto from committing suicide (the disguised sub scene).

And did *anyone* think about the scene where Magneto's group of mutants (including Mystique) are visiting the CIA (and Mystique changed into a lookalike of one of the analysts *in front of the analyst in question*)? That's one way to silence a room of spooks short of nuking it.

Also, the connection between Xavier and Lockheed was fleshed out.

Some scenes referred to in the comics simply could NOT have been portrayed witout serious disruption of known historical events. (I know that some purists want to remain true to the comics - however, Marvel history and actual events often don't reconcile, even a little bit. And for moviegoers, real-world history will win.)

Peace

Neteru

Umm, Infinite Number of Universes. Nuff Said about any comic movie "not sticking to story".

Thought it was great, much better than the last few X-Men films.

And Michael Fassbender was an excellent Magneto, and the other characters were great too besides Mystique who out of all of them felt a bit iffy.

Last word: a very successful reboot of the franchise, with just the perfect tone. Lots of room for sequels. One of the better Marvel themed films.

Was this film meant to be a reboot of the film franchise?

It didn't seem like it to me watching it and going in not knowing much about it, seemed like it was going to line up with the rest of the X-Men films continuity wise perfectly fine. :s