Seemed like a decent movie to me, I'd give it a 3.5-4 out of five. I agree with the above, it links through to the current movies well enough and although comic book lovers the world over would string me up for it, the less complex story is better for a broader audience. I know the original back stories of the characters and it annoys me a little and I know that took away a lot of my enjoyment when I sat there watching it, thus the 3.5-4 rating; if I'm going to be honest, I'd prefered if they had changed even more of the story so that they werent bound to the original story lines so much in future.

"Butterfly lady," Angel Salvadore - AKA Tempest, is an impotant character because of her later mentor/pupil relationship with Emma Frost and as lover of Beak.

I loved this movie, and Hugh Jackman's cameo was perfect. I hope the quality continues with the rest of the movies they release. I'm curious, though, if they will stay with the early days of the X-men or fast forward to a more current time in the next movie.

The coming X-franchise films include;

Wolverine (takes place during his Japan story arc)

Deadpool (the mercinary with a mouth, as in a smartass)

Black Panther (Storm's husband & the first major black superhero)

X-Men: First Class sequels (2 planned)

X-Men 4 and 5 in the original continuity

and a possible film about the New Mutants (teen mutants) which could include - Cable (Cyclop's son), Copycat, Karma, Cannonball, Catseye, Cypher, Psyche, Sunspot, Warlock, Warpath, Wolfsbane or others.

Thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The dynamic between characters we excellent, especially Charles and Erik. Would love to see where the series can go from here, would really like to see some 70's X-men. Overall: 4 out of 5.