Show us your headphones!

razermegalodon002.jpg

Razer Megalodon.

It's been an ok headset. I kind of wish I'd bought something else though.. I don't think I'll be buying anything other than mice from Razer in the future >.<

These basically..

beyerdynamic-dt-250-80.684167.jpg

80OHM Beyerdynamic DT250's.. studio type headphones. Absolutely brilliant and sound fantastic powered off my Asus Xonar :)

Still have these lying around, though I don't use them much anymore. (Sennheiser MX60)

374256513.png

Now using these, not so much for the sound quality, more because they're cable-free. (Nokia BH-503)

562511143.jpg

On my PC, these (Creative Fatality Gaming HS-1000):

511931081.jpg

These huge old things are connected to my on-board sound card and hanged around my neck when I'm gaming, purely for the microphone alone for communication through TS with friends:

6aSEk.jpg

For sound, I use my 7.1 speakers system connected to my stand alone pci-e sound card. I'm really anti-headphones, especially the ones that claim to provide true surround sound. Never could find ones to provide me the necessary clarity and "boom" I require.

For sound, I use my 7.1 speakers system connected to my stand alone pci-e sound card. I'm really anti-headphones, especially the ones that claim to provide true surround sound. Never could find ones to provide me the necessary clarity and "boom" I require.

I hear that.. still searching for a pair myself that packs a punch. The ones I have currently are adequate, nothing to brag about, but I've yet to find a pair that I'm really happy with. When the volume is pretty high I want to have the option of giving myself a self-induced lobotomy or at least a mild nose bleed, not a lot of distortion. (Not that I would.. but the ones I wind up with always sound a bit weak.)

Dedicated sound cards always help with that.

The amplification on the card is a lot more powerful then that built into the motherboard.

I'd happily take a high quality analogue 7.1 set, just never found anything that works for me >.<

I hear that.. still searching for a pair myself that packs a punch. The ones I have currently are adequate, nothing to brag about, but I've yet to find a pair that I'm really happy with. When the volume is pretty high I want to have the option of giving myself a self-induced lobotomy or at least a mild nose bleed, not a lot of distortion. (Not that I would.. but the ones I wind up with always sound a bit weak.)

Depending on your budget I highly recommend the DT770s. Even if you don't buy them go to your nearest guitar center and give them a listen just for kicks. Hopefully you have some bass heavy music, since the bass definition is amazing as well. These headphones will only be as good as your output though. Having a USB sound interface or good sound card is a must for these babies. Well, as you can see, I love the sound of these. I'm just saying even if you don't buy them :)

Depending on your budget I highly recommend the DT770s. Even if you don't buy them go to your nearest guitar center and give them a listen just for kicks. Hopefully you have some bass heavy music, since the bass definition is amazing as well. These headphones will only be as good as your output though. Having a USB sound interface or good sound card is a must for these babies. Well, as you can see, I love the sound of these. I'm just saying even if you don't buy them :)

Mm don't think I've tried those yet, I'll check it out, thanks for the tip. And yea not using onboard audio, but a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium, with the speakers I'm using it makes the windows vibrate nicely.

Yes, this...lol. Was trying to post and kept getting interrupted by the girlfriend or else I would have noticed this.

Hehe, yeah it's a great headset!

• 2 weeks later...

The Sennheiser PX 100 when I am at home, mostly connected to my iPod Touch.

post-81190-0-07717500-1308118086.jpg

The Klipsch Image S4i when I am on the go, connected to my iPod Touch.

post-81190-0-47929300-1308118117.jpg

I've also got the Sennheiser HD 202, MEElectronics M9 and the JVC Marshmallow which are now like backup headphones/earphones.

So long as you were enjoying the interruption ;)

Now if only Seinnheiser would add a Mic to their builds >.<

I feel the exact opposite to some extent. I have the Sennheiser Game 360's, they'd be perfect if the mic was removable. Other than that the sound quality is beautiful and I find them ideal for gaming, music, film... pretty much everything.

500x_senn.jpg

I had a pair of Creative HS-1100's before that and they were great. Noise cancellation is unbelievable, a little too good in my opinion. Bass would literally make the headset rattle on the desk, but if you closed the cups... it was pretty much silent.

Playing BC2 with 'War Tapes' audio selected was an experience to say the least.

creative-hs-1100-sound-blaster-arena-usb-gaming-headset-with-detachable-noise-cancelling-microphone_10760_500.jpg

I am looking into getting a pair of these Sennheiser OMX 90-VC for iPod use, I'm currently using some terrible Blackberry ones as a makeshift.

OMX90VC-XL.jpg