Any way we can petition them to fight LuLz? Would be great, to just have both of the tards just fighting each other. As I do no approve of either of their methods.

Any way we can petition them to fight LuLz? Would be great, to just have both of the tards just fighting each other. As I do no approve of either of their methods.

Lulz appears to be more highly skilled and attacking whoever with out objective. Although I agree with Some of ANON's actions I do not agree with Most of Lulz actions.

Lulz appears to be more highly skilled and attacking whoever with out objective. Although I agree with Some of ANON's actions I do not agree with Most of Lulz actions.

He's a outlaw, of course you wouldnt agree.

The fact that private banks can create money out of thin air is far worse.

that's what the federal reserve bank is, it's a private bank. (or is that what you meant?)

Things have been getting crazy lately, but looking at Anonymous vs. the Fed... yeah, I'll take the lesser of two evils ANY day. (Anonymous, you cheeky slags :rofl: )

If you are paying any credit card bills Anonymous want you to screw your unsecured credit card provided by paying only $19.13 and the min. payment until the problems are fixed :laugh:

Now if they would just pull a "Tyler Durden" and erase everyone's credit.

The more scarce something is, the more valuable it is. It is in the interests of corporations to make things scarce, to maximize profits.

That's not always the case, diamonds are a good example of something in abundance but with the price of a rarity. Sometimes price is purely based on what people are willing to pay regardless of how rare something is or isnt.

Come on guys, let's be serious. The value of gold is not based on its usefulness. There are plenty of things that are rare that do not fetch anywhere near the value of gold. The value of gold is based on historical, cultural value towards gold. There are many societies that do not associate wealth with gold.

Come on guys, let's be serious. The value of gold is not based on its usefulness. There are plenty of things that are rare that do not fetch anywhere near the value of gold. The value of gold is based on historical, cultural value towards gold. There are many societies that do not associate wealth with gold.

who gives a ****, gold is worth more then paper. your own government used to think so until, you know, before it went wayyyyy beyond the retardation line. in the past, currency used to be..? you guessed it, gold! and your government realized that and knew it. that's why your paper notes where backed by gold to show it's value.

I think a bigger scam is the guy that decided a shiny rock he found in the ground should become the global standard for wealth.

I see that you are lacking common senses as usual. Gold is one the best metals found on Earth that has various uses in many industries. It's rare, has excellent electrical conductivity and many other favorable properties. If we don't use gold, what metals should we use ?

IMO, lawyers are the biggest scams in history because most of them are a scam or con artists.

who gives a ****, gold is worth more then paper. your own government used to think so until, you know, before it went wayyyyy beyond the retardation line. in the past, currency used to be..? you guessed it, gold! and your government realized that and knew it. that's why your paper notes where backed by gold to show it's value.

We even have this vault at Ft. Knox Kentucky full up with gold...or is it!?! nah, j/k it is, but yeah - gold!

I see that you are lacking common senses as usual. Gold is one the best metals found on Earth that has various uses in many industries. It's rare, has excellent electrical conductivity and many other favorable properties. If we don't use gold, what metals should we use ?

IMO, lawyers are the biggest scams in history because most of them are a scam or con artists.

I'm sure the Inca used them in their electrical products. And all that gold in Fort Knox? Just waiting to be used in manufacturing. :whistle: Also, all that gold my grandparents have is totally being hoarded because they know that, one day, Sony is going to come knocking on their doors because they need it for their electrical manufacturing! :laugh:

Gold has value because we assigned it value, primarily for its ornamental value. It has historically been used as currency because it is rare and resilient before the advent of printed money. It still retains value today because of historical reasons. Gold's industrial value does have some effect on its price, but the vast majority of its valuation comes from it being used for the past few thousand years as a form of currency.

NPR's Planet Money actually did a very good podcast on gold and why it is valuable (hint: it's not because of industrial manufacturing! :))

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/02/07/130597201/the-friday-podcast-gold

Why is our little gold coin worth $419? You can't eat it. You can't fuel your car with it. And three years ago, it was worth half as much. The guy who sells it to us says he doesn't know why it's worth anything at all. And a fund manager with millions of dollars invested in gold told tells us it's a mistake to try to make sense of it.

I'm sure the Inca used them in their electrical products. And all that gold in Fort Knox? Just waiting to be used in manufacturing. :whistle: Also, all that gold my grandparents have is totally being hoarded because they know that, one day, Sony is going to come knocking on their doors because they need it for their electrical manufacturing! :laugh:

Gold has value because we assigned it value, primarily for its ornamental value. It has historically been used as currency because it is rare and resilient before the advent of printed money. It still retains value today because of historical reasons. Gold's industrial value does have some effect on its price, but the vast majority of its valuation comes from it being used for the past few thousand years as a form of currency.

NPR's Planet Money actually did a very good podcast on gold and why it is valuable (hint: it's not because of industrial manufacturing! :))

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/02/07/130597201/the-friday-podcast-gold

you are arguing a failed point. just because you don't believe gold is actually worth anything, doesn't mean the rest of the world's economy doesn't...

you are arguing a failed point. just because you don't believe gold is actually worth anything, doesn't mean the rest of the world's economy doesn't...

I'm not saying gold doesn't have a value. I'm saying the value is not because of its inherent properties, but rather historical.

Anyways, this has gone on too long. It was just a joke dude. Gold does have certain industrial properties, but I believe industrial use of gold constitutes like 10% of the world's gold. The vast majority is held as investment or as jewelry.

It's value is culturally based, not inherent. What I mean is, if you gave a guy who had never seen gold before, he'd probably say, "Oh cool. That's pretty shiny. I'll give you $10 for it." Gold's value is not inherent but cultural and societal.

Warren Buffett perhaps said it better than me when he said, half tongue in cheek:

It gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head.

What's with the sudden increase of hackers? O_o Anonymous + LulzSec ... who is next? It's like Hackers *the movie* is truly happening... or the beginning of the end of the world... meh, either way, oh well.

What's with the sudden increase of hackers? O_o Anonymous + LulzSec ... who is next? It's like Hackers *the movie* is truly happening... or the beginning of the end of the world... meh, either way, oh well.

The only think I remember from the movie is the Angelina Jolie nude scene. I hope it's happening!

The only think I remember from the movie is the Angelina Jolie nude scene. I hope it's happening!

yeah that movie was kinda dumb other then that part...

I'm not saying gold doesn't have a value. I'm saying the value is not because of its inherent properties, but rather historical.

Anyways, this has gone on too long. It was just a joke dude. Gold does have certain industrial properties, but I believe industrial use of gold constitutes like 10% of the world's gold. The vast majority is held as investment or as jewelry.

It's value is culturally based, not inherent. What I mean is, if you gave a guy who had never seen gold before, he'd probably say, "Oh cool. That's pretty shiny. I'll give you $10 for it." Gold's value is not inherent but cultural and societal.

Warren Buffett perhaps said it better than me when he said, half tongue in cheek:

Uhh.

Gold's historical value comes from the fact it's effectively inert, it doesn't rust, corrode or tarnish with time. Even viking Gold hoards that have only just been pulled out the ground still shine as much as they did when they were forged.

History isn't something that just magically appeared, there still has to be a reason behind events.

The only reason there are other metals are more expensive than Gold, is due to them being highly expensive to obtain and/or refine.

Uhh.

Gold's historical value comes from the fact it's effectively inert, it doesn't rust, corrode or tarnish with time. Even viking Gold hoards that have only just been pulled out the ground still shine as much as they did when they were forged.

History isn't something that just magically appeared, there still has to be a reason behind events.

The only reason there are other metals are more expensive than Gold, is due to them being highly expensive to obtain and/or refine.

FOR THE LAST TIME:

I know why its valuable! I'm just saying, at the end of the day, it's just a rock! You can't eat it. You can't use it for shelter. You can't drink it.

I brought it up because people were saying "At the end of the day, money is just a piece of paper since its not backed up by gold." I was pointing out that gold, at the end of the day, is just a rock.

Sheesh! :rolleyes:

FOR THE LAST TIME:

I know why its valuable! I'm just saying, at the end of the day, it's just a rock! You can't eat it. You can't use it for shelter. You can't drink it.

I brought it up because people were saying "At the end of the day, money is just a piece of paper since its not backed up by gold." I was pointing out that gold, at the end of the day, is just a rock.

No, it's not "just a rock". If it was just a rock then it wouldn't of ever been regarded with the value that it is.

Who cares if you can't use it as food or shelter. What relevance does that even have?

And last time I checked, you can't grow or build gold.

No, it's not "just a rock". If it was just a rock then it wouldn't of ever been regarded with the value that it is.

Who cares if you can't use it as food or shelter. What relevance does that even have?

And last time I checked, you can't grow or build gold.

But you can dig it out of the ground. :)

You can also create gold in a lab, but the technology is expensive.

i hope they do, guy is an idiot and the federal reserve is the biggest scam in human history (well second... religion is number one)

Amen the fed needs to die.

btw: sources include inside job and capitalism: a love story.

FOR THE LAST TIME:

A shiny rock!

its going to be funny as hell wen both anon and lulzsac get nailed

You can't nail Anonymous. They are everyone and no one.

About LulzSec, they seem to be pretty hardcore, yes some of the 'hacking' is just ddosing, but some of it is actually hacking.

You can't nail Anonymous. They are everyone and no one.

About LulzSec, they seem to be pretty hardcore, yes some of the 'hacking' is just ddosing, but some of it is actually hacking.

Well, they are not me so they can't be everybody and there is certainly a warm body sitting somewhere doing the DDoS'ing so they are not no one. :whistle: