Most Rewarding moment in video game

When I un-installed Shellshock Nam '67 and EBgames gave me my money back.

Seriously though a few of mine are.

Finishing Gothic because I invested so much time into the game, The original Metal Gear and more of course.

Also, first time I ever played a Multi Player Game.

I have a couple. Playing Tecmo Bowl and the first Madden and Sonic the Hedgehog for hours on end when they were released in a dorm room full of guys. We used to have dorm tourneys and even print out the brackets and post them in the hall.

The other was wandering through the mall and seeing a new system called a "Playstation" on the day it was released. An hour later I was walking home with my first PS and 3 games. I will NEVER forget puting in NFL Gameday and my jaw dropping to the floor watching the opening sequence and listening to the incredible theme music. I have been looking for that theme song in a mp3 forever. Damn that was awesome. Not too long later was Resident Evil, which my roommate and I started in total darkness at midnight. Damn that was scary.

Beating Leviathan (my final needed avatar for the level 20 fights) on FFXI with my Summoner, with 6HP's left, and using that final Banish spell that took him out.

... beating original Zelda on both regular and 'Zelda' mode.

... destroying my brother in Starcraft with 50 Terran Tanks.

... playing Duke3D for the first time when it came out.

... reaching level 16 on the old old Tandy TRS-80 game Popcorn.

Completing Return to Castle Wolfenstein was a great moment for me, it was the first time I had been seriously playing a game for years.

Best moment has to be the first time I powered up my NES on my 6th birthday, and then my dad taking the day off work and me taking the day off school to play Super Mario

Some of the best games to complete have been on teh megadrive when i was a wee lad.

Toe Jam & Earl - took a good 3 hours to do with getting all ya presants identified :laugh: damm you randomizor present!! :angry:

Sonic 1 - first game ever i ever completed, oh the joy :D

and Earthworm Jim 1 - only to find the princess you saved gets squashed by the cow you lauched on the first level... still rocked though... :D

Finishing Final Fantasy IX. Not the best game in the series, but the ending in breathtaking. I've yet to come across a game with such a marvelous ending, the quality of the FMV is amazing.

I suppose I have a few good game moments

First my best experience in all video games would have to be Chrono Trigger by far. The game was complex for a 4MB game, it was also kinda tugged on your emotions. So many cool enviroments, so much depth. As a 13yr old I was absolutely caputered by chrono trigger. Kinda makes me want to play it now.

Preying and finally beating the last boss in Earthbound. Earth bound was close but not equally satisfying as Chrono Trigger...why don't we have more modern RPG's.

Super Mario 3 is up there too...I recently bought a used GBA, and SMB3 to have something to play on the bus...unfortunatly I beat it way to easily from begginning to end. Now there is a game that needs alot more levels.

Using the phyics engine in the HL2 leak.

There would also be the countless times that I beat my friend Chris Hoban in Mario Kart for the SNES. We would walk over to his house for lunch, I'd beat him at Mario Kart and we'd go back to school....thank god for red shells. I beat him so much that he moved to Alberta...lol.

Playing Joe and Mac with my buddy Kyle, and getting the kisses from the Cave Babes we saved.

First time I played Halflife with a 3D card. long time ago.

Playing NFS Hot Pursuit everyday at lunchtime at school.

Playing AVP and AVP2 from front to back, with no cheats on the hardest settings. l337 h4x0rz !!!!!1!!

Playing operation flashpoint on LAN with friends as a sniper and covering them from a retreat, i was crouching by a blackhawk a friend was hovering, while the rest came back the chopper, you had to be playing to appreciate but it looked and felt brilliant. that was the best 8 week LAN party ever 15 of my mates in one room. these days will never be forgotten. that was when i was 17 i'm 20 now, and i really do miss it all.

Most exilerating: Completing all of Jane's USAF on the hardest setting and thinking I was king.

Most dissapointing: Going online to talk to friends about it and finding out that there was about 14,000 downloadable addon missions to go before I was "king".

Resident Evil on the Dreamcast. The Licker jumps through the mirrored glass nearly giving me a heart attack. The moment occurred when I realized it was just a game!! :D

:laugh: Priceless. My mom was playing at that exact same spot and let out the biggest scream i've heard in my life.. it was indeed priceless.

It's amazing how games have had such an intense sociological effect on people. Alot of our memories, experiences, we can relate to games....i think these are the games that had the most effect on me in chronological order

Nintendo Entertainment System

Super Mario Bros w/ Duck Hunt

Back To The Future

Mega Man 2/3

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Dragon Warrior

Super Mario 3

31in1

GameBoy

Tetris

Link's Awakening

Mario Land

Kid Icarus

MegaMan

Mario Land 2

Super Nintendo System

Super Mario World

Chrono Trigger

Earth Bound

Secret Of Mana

Secret Of Evermore

Joe and Mac

Final Fantasy III

Final Fanstasy II

Mario Kart

PC

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight

Unreal Tournament

FarCry

StarCraft

Civilization

It's too bad that there isn't as many emotionally compelling games as there have been in the past. I would like to play a game that made me feel happy, sad, scared, im kinda tired of excitement, addiction, ...lol

Mine is probably when I signed on late in a little Quake 2 mini tournament on heat.net (yeah... that long ago)... it was first to 30 kills and the leader had 15, and within 5 minutes I won. I've never been better at any game then I was at Quake 2... spent whole summer playing it (I was 14... had no life)

Hell yah heat.net! Being young and having 28.8 modem was the ****s. Played endless hours on there. Loved Quake 1. First ever FPS I totaly got into. Even got the poster that says "Cyber Bullets Don't Hurt!" heheh.... :cool:

beating earthbound the first time through was fun as hell, but coming back to the game like 2 years later without the strategy guide and beating it in like 3 days was even better :)

Beating Mario 1-3 on NES and the first one on SNES.

Beating the crap out of Mike Tyson in Punch-Out on NES.

Beating Grandia on PS 1...

Or getting kicked off of a Counter-Strike server at my school's LAN room for being too good :(.

Another could be beating Loom...

Me and my mate going to the video shop and renting about 9-10 games and passing them with no cheats in the school holidays man that was fun :) now he moved away we dont do it anymore but i am currently getting my other mate into gaming :D