Weapons? What do you own?

Just replaced my wife's pistol. She did have a Taurus .357 magnum revolver with a 7.5 inch barrel. That was just too much, and I wanted her to have something she could actually carry around. She never carried the revolver if I was with her because it was so big and bulky, and even if she had wanted to I was never able to find a store that had holsters long enough in stock. So anyway, we sold it the other day, and today I picked up its replacement which she is in love with because it's so easy for her to carry around.

It's a Springfield XD sub-compact. I got the .40 caliber version so me and her can share ammunition for our concealed carry items. Everything in the photos came with the weapon.

post-125978-0-68781200-1338265762_thumb.

post-125978-0-21020500-1338265876_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Just replaced my wife's pistol. She did have a Taurus .357 magnum revolver with a 7.5 inch barrel. That was just too much, and I wanted her to have something she could actually carry around. She never carried the revolver if I was with her because it was so big and bulky, and even if she had wanted to I was never able to find a store that had holsters long enough in stock. So anyway, we sold it the other day, and today I picked up its replacement which she is in love with because it's so easy for her to carry around.

It's a Springfield XD sub-compact. I got the .40 caliber version so me and her can share ammunition for our concealed carry items. Everything in the photos came with the weapon.

Have the same one, love it. The recoil is very manageable. I added the pearce grip extension to the smaller mag for better grip. It feels a lot better now.

Here's pretty much my finished ar-15 last time I showed it, it had a different red dot and different buttstock. Added the Vltor IMOD MODSTOCK, Vortex Strikefire red dot and BCM Gunfighter mod 4 charging handle.

35anei9.jpg

just wondering what weapons people here own? i like to collect weapons and just want to admire others i will upload some pics soon (upload pics of yours please biggrin.gif )

a live Katana

Ignorance is ignorance. What is a "live" katana?

Ignorance is ignorance. What is a "live" katana?

Around here it means a real weapon with a sharpened cutting edge and not the usual commercial display toys. My edged weapons are also "live", including my ba'tleth.

Was just at a local Wal-Mart and noticed that they're now carrying the Federal .40 S&W Personal Defense Hydra-Shok 135 grain (PD40HS4H) - $23 for a box of 20 nickel plated.

Compared to the silver box 135 grain HST (XM40HA) (HST on the left) -

post-347280-0-46232300-1339513571.jpg

post-347280-0-98125200-1339513582.jpg

post-347280-0-06096800-1339513592.jpg

post-347280-0-83518300-1339513699.jpg

post-347280-0-19976500-1339514053.jpg

post-347280-0-96853300-1339514180_thumb.

post-347280-0-95160500-1339514624.jpg

@ DocM - What's the difference between the rounds?

I can definitely see the difference in the impact spread; I'm just wondering what the practical difference is?

HST is an improvement over the older Hydra-Shok tech and is considered a Tactical Round - primarily developed for police and govt. alphabet soup agencies like the Dept. of Homeland Security. FBI, ICE etc. DHS & ICE alone just contracted for 450 million rounds of HST. Hydra-Shok is now considered a civilian personal defense round (the PD in the part number) but in most areas civilians can get & use HST. Check local laws, of course.

HST penetrates barriers like sheet metal (car bodies), glass (car windows) and multiple layers of clothing while staying on trajectory better, It also expands faster and to a larger diameter, creating a more intense peak pressure wave which causes a more intense hydrostatic shock - and that means remote wounding far from the wound channel.

This can range from breaking nearly-missed bones, soft tissue damage to organs several inches away or causing brain damage (even a stroke) from a body impact. We're talking pressures well over 1,000 PSI for either, but in .40 and .45 HST these can go well over 1,600 PSI with the latest ammo - which can cause one helluva water hammer in the circulatory system.

Chart below is from before the latest stuff came out - blue indicates a given tested round, and the vertical size its time range to incapacitation, center dot being the average. Cartridges like the .22 score furthest left, while the .40, .45 etc.are furthest right. .380 and light 9mm loads cluster between 450 and 900 PSI

TBIpwave.jpg

Just dropped a bunch of money on a blacked-out Hoyt CRX 35 bow and outfitted it with a carbon fiber sight and stabilizer. It looks wickedly mean. If I get a chance, I'll post up a pic.

• 2 weeks later...

iTAC Defense ACP (Adaptive Carbine Platform

I WANT ONE!!!!

I wonder what the price is on ACP-LE

Anyone have a recommendation for a starter bow? I would be a hell of a lot easier to get practice with then a rifle around here without a car.

little bit of thunder....

little bit of lighting...

thunder..

lighting...

thunder

lightening

BAM!!! (didn't see that coming idid ya?)

Yes, I am a weapon. :shiftyninja:

One weapon may come in handy but anything more and your just setting youself up for someone to use them against you. Why would somoene hold so many weapons, what do they think is going to happen lol

One weapon may come in handy but anything more and your just setting youself up for someone to use them against you. Why would somoene hold so many weapons, what do they think is going to happen lol

Its called a Safe, hand gun out and by my side with the rest locked and besides using a knife against someone with a gun isn't advised specially if its a bad gun in my home.. Besides they'll have to get passed my Pitbull first, he's my Alarm system with a bit of a bite.. Also, its called collecting, people collect bottle caps and stamps, I collect guns and a few knives so what?

I have different pistols for different purposes - no different than different tools for different purposes. And yes, the unused ones are stored in a big gun safe.

Using my signature, some are good for routine concealed carry while still being a large caliber (the SIG P250sc and P239) while others are better for use as a backup in an ankle holster, when dressed lightly or in the wife's purse (the Ruger LCP and LC9 - both tiny). Others are better for hunting (the .50AE or the unshown Magnum Research BFR 500 Mag), as the "house gun" (SIG P250fs etc.) or as a highly tuned target gun (SIG 1911).

Of course both of the SIG P250's are the same pistol - it can be reconfigured in size, caliber, and magazine capacity in <2 minutes. The Transformer of pistols.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody have suggestions for quality and affordable versions of these?

1) An angled rather than vertical foregrip for an AR15

2) A light, or light and laser combo for picatinny rails on my AR15. I'd like to use my AR for middle of the night possum or mountain lion shooting when they come into my yard. I'm moving back to my place in Kentucky this September, and since I've left dogs have been getting torn up by mountain lions and wild boars moving into areas they never inhabited before.

Angled grips are very subjective - if it feels "right" to you and your accuracy isn't negatively effected then it's OK.

Lights & lasers are fine in and of themselves, but you might want to check with the state DNR about their legality while (technically) hunting vermin. If illegal I'd probably use a red dot sight. Might get one anyhow.

Lights & lasers are fine in and of themselves, but you might want to check with the state DNR about their legality while (technically) hunting vermin. If illegal I'd probably use a red dot sight. Might get one anyhow.

I'll have to check, never even thought that lights on your rifles would be illegal, :p. I just remember one night, about 1 AM, I was up and all of our chickens came down and huddled under the light by the house and started clucking and crowing. I grabbed my shotgun and a huge flashlight and headed towards the chicken-house. When I shined the flashlight through the door, there sat a dead hen and a possum with an egg in its hand, and it hissed at me. I held the flashlight to the barrel of the shotgun so I could see where I was aiming when I shot the thing, and I'd like to avoid having to do that in the future. Possums have teeth, and if that thing had taken advantage of me being slow to get the shotgun and flashlight raised up it could have tore me up pretty good in the pitch dark like that.

I'll have to check, never even thought that lights on your rifles would be illegal, :p.

Michigan rules so you can see how we operate -

Q. When may I shine deer? From December 1 through October 31 of the following year, a person may shine deer until 11:00 PM.

During the month of November, it is unlawful to shine. It is always unlawful to make use of an artificial light to hunt deer or to shine deer at any time of the year with a firearm, bow and arrow or any other device capable of shooting a projectile in your possession or under your control.

This does not prohibit an individual issued a concealed pistol license, or a person that is authorized to carry a concealed pistol without a license, from possessing or carrying a pistol while shining provided that they do not use the pistol to take, or attempt to take game.

Q. May I use a laser beam sight attached to my bow, rifle or shotgun to hunt deer?

No. A laser beam sight casts an artificial light onto the target and is illegal to use in hunting deer. The lighted pin sight used by bow hunters and red dot sight used by firearm hunters are legal because they do not cast or throw a light at the target. Michigan law does provide for the use of laser sighting devices by blind persons during regular hunting hours when assisted by a sighted person, and also provides rules for the use of artificial lights by nighttime predator and raccoon hunters. See the Michigan hunting and trapping guide for further details.

I ordered my first AR-15 today. Bushmaster carbon fiber. With red dot sight, and the shop is putting a fore grip and quad rail on it. Haven't really checked out the rifle yet. But it's what I can afford. I wanted the smith and Wesson MP15 MOE. But I got the BM instead, almost the same as the SW but 450$ less.