Weapons? What do you own?

When dressed casually she usually wears slacks or jeans with belts, and the M&P lives in either a Crossbreed SuperTuck or MiniTuck IWB (me too) - depending on her outfit. In skirts she wears a thigh holster or carries in a purse or fanny pack holster, but would like a less bulky option - hence the idea od getting an LC9.

Nice! Does she have the compact version? I can't imagine my full size M&P being in an IWB. I have my Glock 26 for IWB. I would like to get a S&W Bodyguard at some point because of its size.

She has the compact, and I uaually carry the SIG Sauer P250 subcompact or P239, both in .40 S&W - both being nail drivers. The P250 is a chameleon - you can swap calibers (9mm, .357 SIG, .40 or .45) or size (sub, compact or full) in <2 minutes with no tools. I have the sub & full kit (2-Sum) in .357 SIG, .40 and .45).

In the uk we cant carry or own guns really as far as i am aware but i would love to be able to go to a range and release some energy lol

not even sure if there are gun ranges here lol

Our small city has at least 6-8 firearms dealers, of which 2 are also indoor ranges. Within 25 miles of us are 2-3 indoor / outdoor ranges, both with trails that offer 3D game and tactical targets. All the ranges, and several police departments, offer concealed carry & tactics classes - using pretty much the same certified instructors (most all cops or retired copss.)

Just about every department, hardware and sporting goods store carries shooting supplies & ammo for both pistol & long arms. Even at the hypermarkets like WalMart etc. you can get a box of ammo with your groceries.

Our small city has at least 6-8 firearms dealers, of which 2 are also indoor ranges. Within 25 miles of us are 2-3 indoor / outdoor ranges, both with trails that offer 3D game and tactical targets. All the ranges, and several police departments, offer concealed carry & tactics classes - using pretty much the same certified instructors (most all cops or retired copss.)

Just about every department, hardware and sporting goods store carries shooting supplies & ammo for both pistol & long arms. Even at the hypermarkets like WalMart etc. you can get a box of ammo with your groceries.

this would be great, i love shooting and i am a good shot, but ever since the laws changed over here there no way in hell you would get a gun, air rifle might be a shout though

In the uk we cant carry or own guns really as far as i am aware but i would love to be able to go to a range and release some energy lol

You can legally own guns in the UK. Albeit a bit more restricted than here in the U.S. Found this with Google:

http://www.met.police.uk/firearms_licensing/faqs.html

You can legally own guns in the UK. Albeit a bit more restricted than here in the U.S. Found this with Google:

http://www.met.polic...nsing/faqs.html

yeah but this

Do applicants have to prove why they want guns?

Applicants for firearms have to show ?good reason? for possession of each and every firearm.

I don't think because i like Guns and want to own a few would get you passed the checks to own one lmao

Took my Ford Explorer off roading today to a secluded area of the woods on our property so I could verify the zero on my 30-06 before modern gun deer season comes in next month. While we were out there I also pulled out my AR-15 and let my brother squeeze off a few 5.56mm rounds since he'd never actually fired one in real life outside Call of Duty.

I have to admit though, I knew a 30-06 was a strong round, but I was surprised. I was firing 150 grain Federal, soft-point Power Shock rounds. We found a good size tree and stapled some paper targets to it, and 3 rounds with the 30-06 totally decimated a paper target instead of just punching through it and put a nice size indention on that side of the tree.

Video of brother shooting the AR-15

Photo of the 30-06 damage

post-125978-0-83749800-1349753777_thumb.

Seen that before Moisture in the tree vaporized into pressurized steam, plus a reflected acustic shockwave, caused a back-pressure that had nowhere else to go but back at the paper - taking wood splinters with it. Impressive exampple.

I love the 30-06 and have hunted with a Remington 760 BDL Gamemaster (pump rifle w/fully floated barrel - now upgraded to the 7600) in that caliber since the early 1970's. A nail driver that is also rather light and fast. A classic in North America, and AIUI in Australia.

Website%2009-02-16%20Remington%20760%20026.JPG

That said - the rifle I love to hunt with the most is my T/C Hawken in .50 cal. That thing'll drop anything in the woods with one shot.

hawken-001.jpg

Makes sense, it was about 6 in the evening in a small wooded glade right next to a creek, and the weather here has started to cool off lately so evening dew was starting to settle on the grass.

That's a very nice .50. I wouldn't mind having a million dollars and the chance to browse your collection, :-)

Yeah, LadyHawk (her name) is a pretty girl, but with a big bite. With a 500 grain hardened bullet she's been known to shoot straight through a small tree and drop a deer on the other side.

She's a nasty deep woods rifle, but you'd best eat your Wheaties before shooting full big game loads ;)

Here's some closeups of the brass fittings, fold-down Creedmore sight, adjustable double-set / double phase triggers, action and her walnut stocks complex grain. They only used this quality of wood in the early run.

hawken%2D008.jpg

hawken%2D002.jpg

hawken%2D009.jpg

Finally got me an honest to goodness gun safe. I've been shopping around for a while for a decent, not particle board cabinet, or a cheap safe, and found this modular one for $170 at the local KMart. I looked at Wal-Mart and all they had was these huge, bullet proof, fire proof, time traveling safes for like $500+, and there isn't a Cabela's for a couple hundred miles now that I've moved back home to Kentucky. This one was made in the U.S and can be reconfigured 3 or 4 different ways to store up to a max of 18 long guns, or down to as few as 3 with a crap-ton of shelves. I think the brand name is "Stack On". It's even got wedges to screw into the rifle rests for rifles that have scopes that props the rifle out further from the wall to prevent the scope from resting against the inside of the cabinet. The only problem I found after I got it home was that my carbine AR-15, even with the telestock fully extended, was too short to reach the point where the barrel rests sit, and without drilling holes there's no other place to put the barrel rests that is low enough to accommodate it so I had to use some of the screws and nuts to put one of the stock rests flat against in one of the pre-drilled holes low enough for it to rest on.

post-125978-0-17598000-1350102140_thumb.

This thread is pure SEX, too bad legally owning a weapon in India is very expensive & cumbersome procedure. Maybe in another life i'll be a gun totting, peace loving American.

Yeah, it's fun comparing our weaponry (Y) :)

I know a gal who I wish would post her toys; she owns a Barrett .50 BMG sniper / anti-light armor / anti-material rifle, plus a few other high-end boomsticks - though not much beats a m****rf*****g Barrett when it comes to breaking things.

Been wanting to get a handgun for home defense and shooting at the range for fun. Talked to my grandfather who's got a million handguns and conceal carries a Kimber Pro Carry II. Said he'd take me shooting and everything and to a gun show. No clue when that would be. Reading forums ain't cutting it anymore. :(