Weapons? What do you own?

I ordered my first AR-15 today. Bushmaster carbon fiber. With red dot sight, and the shop is putting a fore grip and quad rail on it.

>

Bushmaster works - a friend has one and she likes it.

Just picked up my first shoulder holster, military surplus store here has them for $20. It's nice to carry with, keeps the pistol more readily available and has magazine pouches, but I thought it would be easier to conceal under an overshirt, instead it sticks out all over and makes me look square. I've tightened the straps to pull the pistol into my body tighter, but it doesn't seem to help. Overall I'm happy with it though.

post-125978-0-19723200-1343787515_thumb.

I ordered my first AR-15 today. Bushmaster carbon fiber. With red dot sight, and the shop is putting a fore grip and quad rail on it. Haven't really checked out the rifle yet. But it's what I can afford. I wanted the smith and Wesson MP15 MOE. But I got the BM instead, almost the same as the SW but 450$ less.

Don't know if that's a good choice man. The Bushmaster carbine 15's has a lot of bad reviews. I have a Bushmaster Patrolmans carbine (the one in my sig) and it runs like a champ I pretty much changed everything on it though to suit my liking, I hope the carbine 15 works good for you though.

weapons? what do you own?

Err, bad breath, colorful language, feather duster...

:laugh:

Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, ****-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. **** 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro.

:rofl:

weapons? what do you own?

:laugh:

:rofl:

Lock stock and two smoking barrels. I have a few knives and a few tomahawks too though.

My blades include a Ka-Bar (7"), sawback machete (18"), Gurkha Kukri (15"), Ka-Bar Becker Bowie (9"), WWII USMC Hospital Corps Knife (aka: Bolo Machete, 1944 - 11 3/8"), some Chinese made S&W SWAT-II AO foldng knives (cheap, but have proven to be pretty good), a bunch of swords including a real edged Bat'leth, and some I've probably forgotten at this hour.

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped the AR order. back ordered. Oh well. I did however pick up a Smith and Wesson M&P finally!! early bday gift. I'll have it next month.

You could find an AR on gunauctions.com or gunbroker or any number of websites, A lot of people recommend the M&P sport model AR

You could find an AR on gunauctions.com or gunbroker or any number of websites, A lot of people recommend the M&P sport model AR

I thought about that. However something really had me going for the M&P pistol. So I am done buying for a while haha.

I thought about that. However something really had me going for the M&P pistol. So I am done buying for a while haha.

true im done buying for a while too, probably buy another with my tax return.

Just picked up my first shoulder holster, military surplus store here has them for $20. It's nice to carry with, keeps the pistol more readily available and has magazine pouches, but I thought it would be easier to conceal under an overshirt, instead it sticks out all over and makes me look square. I've tightened the straps to pull the pistol into my body tighter, but it doesn't seem to help. Overall I'm happy with it though.

Kind of off topic, but is that a Dreamcatcher on the wall?

I carry concealed with a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe IWB holster. VERY comfortable.

http://crossbreedhol...ame,ProductName

I almost bought the Crossbreed, especially considering all the great reviews on it. In the end I went with a Minotaur MTAC which is also a tuckable IWB holster. A couple of advantages steered me towards Minotaur as opposed to Crossbreed. The Minotaur holster has adjustable cant and ride height which I can adjust to my liking. Secondly, the Minotaur you can interchange the kytex bodies to fit another weapon, so if I wanted to carry something else I don't need to buy a whole new holster. I just have to buy a $30.00 body instead of a brand new $85.00 holster.

I've heard great things about both though, you can't beat the conceal-ability of these two holsters when it comes to IWB's

Here's a picture of my primary concealed weapon (Kahr PM9) in the Minotaur holster...

Fhs9w.jpg

Yup - that's a display piece, not a viable weapon. Want an edged weapon? Get a real KA-BAR combat knife, Bowie knife, machete or damascus bladed katana (and learn how to use it.)

Better yet, spend enough to get a tactical Mossberg 500 shotgun. The sound of racking in the first shell makes most baddies pee their pants & scream like little girls.

I can't wait to get my M&P. It will be mainly open carry spring, summer, fall and winter carry.

I was debating about getting a Blackhawk Serpa for the M&P. I currently have one for my Glock 19. However I am kind of leaning towards a Safariland ALS holster for it.

I have my IWB by highnoon for my Glock 26.

I am kind of erked about the one store I was going to get the M&P from. Could have given me a police officer discount for $430 with three mags. However they had NO idea when they were getting them in stock. So I said screw it and went to my normal store, picked up the range kit for $530. I'll have it next month. I think I'll get them to add night sights later on as well.

Kind of off topic, but is that a Dreamcatcher on the wall?

Yeah I've been practicing on making them for myself, when I'm bored or can't think of a gift for somebody, it's something that I can make with my hands out of natural materials. I've got 2 or 3 of them that have started looking progressively better and more even across the hoop. I tried making one using actual pine branches as the core of the hoop (with leather stripping wrapped around them to hold them in place), but as the wood dried out it changed shape and is more like a ****-eyed oval now instead of a circle.