Weapons? What do you own?

• 3 months later...

Got me a used police issue Glock 22 gen 3 today, can't wait to shoot it. By the looks of it and by what the gentleman that sold it to me said was it wasn't used much, just got wear on the outside from a paddle holster. Checked it out real good when I got home with it and it appears to be pretty mint on the inside.

5zjdwx.jpg

A couple of Kitchen knives.

As I recently had to cut down a few small tree's from my front garden I now also have a large Axe!

thats a beautiful gun Doc. I have a friend trying to sell me a lever action 45-70 govt. debating on if I should buy it or not.

I LOVE mine, it's a lot of fun to shoot and doesn't cause excessive pain after 10 rounds like my .300 Win Mag.

I LOVE mine, it's a lot of fun to shoot and doesn't cause excessive pain after 10 rounds like my .300 Win Mag.

The ammo for it is really expensive though isn't it? Before the whole gun ban scare went down it was expensive. I can only imagine what it costs now.

The ammo for it is really expensive though isn't it? Before the whole gun ban scare went down it was expensive. I can only imagine what it costs now.

Yeah, relatively I guess. It's cheaper than .300 Win Mag, which is my other choice since I only own those two. It's about $32 for a box of 20 online right now.

• 2 weeks later...
A pair of scissors

A paper stapler

Rocks

Sheldon Cooper: Ooh, I don't think so. Anecdotal evidence suggests that in the game of rock-paper-scissors, players familiar with each other will tie 75 to 80% of the time due to the limited number of outcomes. I suggest rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock.

Raj Koothrappali: What?

Sheldon Cooper: It's very simple. Scissors cuts paper. Paper covers rock. Rock crushes lizard. Lizard poisons Spock. Spock smashes scissors. Scissors decapitates lizard. Lizard eats paper. Paper disproves Spock. Spock vaporizes rock. And as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256039/quotes

• Like 2

When you have a pump shotgun do you store it with or without pumping it first. Technically couldn't you just store it with one in the chamber and the safety on?

And can someone finally tell me what sabot is good for. From what im gathering it looks like a different concept for hot loading smaller projectiles out bigger barrels

When you have a pump shotgun do you store it with or without pumping it first. Technically couldn't you just store it with one in the chamber and the safety on?

And can someone finally tell me what sabot is good for. From what im gathering it looks like a different concept for hot loading smaller projectiles out bigger barrels

try not to store loaded! you could forget about it ... bullets could deteriate.... if the gun jams cause of a muck build up that will hurt...

Besides my firearms, I have some big knives and acouple of tomahawks and a couple machete's.

i just got a tomahawk a few weeks ago ;D and a chain whip (with a spike on the end)

I never store anything with a round in the chamber.  I may keep a magazine in it, but I don't keep any of my weapons charged.  Not just for safety purposes, but for the life of your firearm.  Think about it like this.  Your firing mechanism is spring powered.  In an AR-15 for example, when you chamber a round, you also lock the hammer back.  In a bolt action rifle, the firing pin is locked back against a spring inside the bolt that throws it forward when you pull the trigger.  Tension is held on that spring until you release it by pulling the trigger.  Leaving it cocked back with tension on it for a long period of time "could" weaken the spring and cause it not to strike the primer hard enough to actually fire the round when you need it most.  If you practice with your firearm regularly, it will only take you a fraction of a second to charge it, not to mention the psychological impact on would-be assailants of hearing a pump action shotgun being brought to bear.

Edit: The only weapon that I would store loaded might be my revolver, because it's double action so I don't have to prepare or charge anything for pulling the trigger to fire a round.

If I ever save up enough money im going here, one of a few places you can train with navy seals and law enforcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkakXnwLZsg

For the love of God, don't pick a James Yeager course. That man will lead you to your death. He just is too hot headed and that's a risk in itself.

As far as training though, I'm thinking about going the video route with a company called Panteao Productions. They give you a bunch of videos from professional instructors and I'm the type of person who can do well in a classroom so I'm thinking about giving them a try.

http://www.panteaoproductions.com/