[Official] Deus Ex Human Revolution

Actually I've had glitchier animation using certain types of AA (which is something the person with low framerates should look into also, seems like the default is pretty high end on my box at least.)

It may either be framerate related or something. Mine went all out of wack once, but also hasn't done it since. I also had black cutscenes using FXAA High and had to force crash the game and go back into it..

Back on MLAA now. It's a wonder they don't explain that stuff, given how new it all is. Including whether it's CPU based or what, since MLAA has different forms.

Actually I've had glitchier animation using certain types of AA (which is something the person with low framerates should look into also, seems like the default is pretty high end on my box at least.)

It may either be framerate related or something. Mine went all out of wack once, but also hasn't done it since. I also had black cutscenes using FXAA High and had to force crash the game and go back into it..

Back on MLAA now. It's a wonder they don't explain that stuff, given how new it all is. Including whether it's CPU based or what, since MLAA has different forms.

I am using MLAA as well. Its not that my animations are glitched, its that they are incredibly outdated. This game has mostly great graphics but the character models seem very low quality (Jensen's is really the only good one), and the facial animations are pretty.. robotic.

Yay, I had enough trade in credit to get the game for PS3. Installed it and just started the game.. Looks great. Can't wait to get off work tonight and play this.

I was having tons of crashes and issues with MLAA on, yet since swapping it over to FXAA High it's been great. Granted I've only played about 90mins worth but it must've crashed 3 times in the first 15-20 before I got it fixed (fingers crossed).

With regards to the game, enjoying what little I've played so far. Definitely brings back some fond memories of playing the first game through a decade back there. Looking forward to getting home from work and getting some decent time logged (hopefully with no more crashes).

Okay, so far I'm loving the game. Playing it one 360, and other than the expected crappy resolution/graphics compared to PC (especially on this 2560x1440 27" monitor) it seems to be handling quite well on the 360. My minor complaints are mostly due to controls. I never was a fan of the Vegas style controls, and preferred the ones in CoD/BC2, etc. But considering the plethora of optiona available, I guess it's worth getting used to. But where it does get annoying is in dialog. Maybe I'm using the analog stick wrong, but selecting the dialog I wasn to say is a bit of a minor challenge. Also, the player bob is really annoying. I remember feeling that way with the first game and eventually got used to it, so I guess that's a moot point.

In summary (I really wanted to make this quick so I can get back to the game), I have no regrets getting it on 360. Runs smooth as butter, no slowdown, glitches, bugs I've come across yet. All I need to do is figure out the concept of hacking... Right now I just click random things, lol.

Ok so i got the extra content and can't do anything to make zune play the songs. They are .wav but being windows based I feel like that shouldn't be a problem. Any suggestions?

Okay, so far I'm loving the game. Playing it one 360, and other than the expected crappy resolution/graphics compared to PC (especially on this 2560x1440 27" monitor) it seems to be handling quite well on the 360. My minor complaints are mostly due to controls. I never was a fan of the Vegas style controls, and preferred the ones in CoD/BC2, etc. But considering the plethora of optiona available, I guess it's worth getting used to. But where it does get annoying is in dialog. Maybe I'm using the analog stick wrong, but selecting the dialog I wasn to say is a bit of a minor challenge. Also, the player bob is really annoying. I remember feeling that way with the first game and eventually got used to it, so I guess that's a moot point.

In summary (I really wanted to make this quick so I can get back to the game), I have no regrets getting it on 360. Runs smooth as butter, no slowdown, glitches, bugs I've come across yet. All I need to do is figure out the concept of hacking... Right now I just click random things, lol.

Sounds great, think I'll trade in some games tomorrow for this. Was going to get in on NCAA 12 but with Madden and FIFA coming up, I need something other than sports (I'm an annual NCAA player but the demo did nothing for me - such a shame).

Thanks for the brief review!

I don't mind the facial animations or look.

It gives me an ol'skool feel of the original.

I've logged 9 hours total and not a single crash, glitch or any artifacts what-so-ever.

I'm playing the PC version, btw.

If you truly enjoyed the original, I really couldn't see any reason to nit-pick or dislike anything about this one.

I started the game off very soldier like, but have been shifting into more recon... The minimal FOV on the 360 is annoying as hell bceause I can't see anything, but nothing new for any game. I just wish they'd cater a better FOV on widescreen displays.

This game is simply awesome.

Running over 100FPS on my system (everything on MAX and AA set to FXAA high) and the only issue I am having is a random stutter if I am turning too fast, but I think it's just the drivers I'm using. Will try updating to the latest tonight to see if that helps. The other thing too, as some have mentioned, loading times are BRUTAL even installed on an SSD. Not sure why that is.

I am running a GTX570 and a Core i5 760 overclocked to 3Ghz with 8GB of RAM.

This game is simply awesome.

Running over 100FPS on my system (everything on MAX and AA set to FXAA high) and the only issue I am having is a random stutter if I am turning too fast, but I think it's just the drivers I'm using. Will try updating to the latest tonight to see if that helps. The other thing too, as some have mentioned, loading times are BRUTAL even installed on an SSD. Not sure why that is.

I am running a GTX570 and a Core i5 760 overclocked to 3Ghz with 8GB of RAM.

I get that stutter too, it only seems to happen when I am strafing. FEAR 3 had the same issue and it was fixed in an update.

The game looks great on the PS3 I believe. With their use of AA, objects far off still hold detail and look pretty sharp. The game is very hard though. I am playing on Medium, but it seems like the enemy can just 2 round burst fire you and you are dead. I'm playing non-lethal and going total stealth/punch mode. I am a little annoyed with the energy bar being so small and completely used up after just taking out 1 guy. But besides that point, the game is a total blast. I love distracting the enemies and then picking them off one by one. This game looks like it will be a GOTY contender for sure, though many great games should be coming out later.

Well I got the game running pretty smoothly now, though it doesn't look great. Turning off shadows made a world of difference in performance compared to turning off other settings. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe the game's engine doesn't do very efficient shadows. Anyways, I can deal with the graphics being low until I get a new computer. The game is a lot of fun so far.

I get that stutter too, it only seems to happen when I am strafing. FEAR 3 had the same issue and it was fixed in an update.

Well that's good to hear. I'm sure they will be releasing a patch fairly soon as I've read of a lot of other issues people are having.

The stutter is not that bad as it only really happens once and then it either doesn't happen again or I don't notice it.

The atmosphere in this game is amazing. I am only in Detroit at the moment and not even close to finishing exploring everywhere and I've already put in 5 hours. This is going to be a long and fun game!

It's also cool since some of the maps around the city show the 401 which is a local highway here in Ontario ... kind of cool to see local landmarks in a video game :D. Also you can see Windsor from some of the high points in Detroit, since it's right across the river.

I thought this used the UE3 engine, but it doesn't. (which makes sense there is no POWERED BY UNREAL TECHNOLOGY thing in front of the game) It is using the "Crystal" engine which was used to make some past Lara Croft game by Crystal Dynamics (hence the name). Overall it is a nice running engine, and looks pretty good as well. But you can see it's long in the tooth in some areas (facial animations etc).

It gives me an IP from the good old US of A ;) Do it all the time, works like a charm.

Tested VPN earlier, and it changed release date on steam to 23rd. You then just set Steam to 'offline' mode once files are unlocked :)

The need to keep Steam in offline mode is really annoying. Every time I want to play online on a different game in my Steam library, I'm welcomed back to this on the Deus Ex page: http://i.imgur.com/xBHil.jpg

And then when I want to play Deus Ex again, I need to fire up the VPN again and restart Steam.

Stupid "This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 2 hours" message. Go away already!

The need to keep Steam in offline mode is really annoying. Every time I want to play online on a different game in my Steam library, I'm welcomed back to this on the Deus Ex page: http://i.imgur.com/xBHil.jpg

And then when I want to play Deus Ex again, I need to fire up the VPN again and restart Steam.

Stupid "This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 2 hours" message. Go away already!

For those in the EU that can't play yet, but couldn't wait, what VPN are you using?