_Steam_ - Refuse and Resist...

BAN STEAM!

Simply just do not use it. Show Valve they have made a terrible decision and let them pay the consequences. Let them now we will not stand for spyware just to play a game online...

I know this is wishful thinking but with the way networking and communities are on this wonderland of the Internet (take this great outlet of neowin as a prime example and every olther site like it) I truly think we can at least perhaps get 100,000+ people to do it maybe?

Am I a Dreamer? ...Would it make a bit of a difference? ...Could this even be possible to do? ...Does anybody have any Ideas or Suggestions?

...Agree or Disagree that Steam is EVIL (EDIT-and or just plain CRAPPY )? :)

Edited by DirtyLarry

um, if it's required to play Half Life 2 to play then i won't be boycotting anythiing :p I'll deal with it.

Then again, I have yet to install the program so I can't really make a fair judgment. This won't keep me from playing Half Life 2 though

..and wasn't it shown not to be spyware? Let's not blow this out of proportion because of one webistes report...

um, if it's required to play Half Life 2 to play then i won't be boycotting anythiing :p I'll deal with it.

Then again, I have yet to install the program so I can't really make a fair judgment. This won't keep me from playing Half Life 2 though

Not sure if you have checked into it, but seems valve is doing everything wrong. The Framerate benchmark on a 2.8 GHz, Ge-Force 4 MX, 1GB Ram, was 10 FPS. That is horrible.

..and wasn't it shown not to be spyware? Let's not blow this out of proportion because of one webistes report...

where was it shown that i would love to see that because then i will change my EVIL comment to just plain CRAPPY...

where was it shown that i would love to see that because then i will change my EVIL comment to just plain CRAPPY...

It was posted HERE on Neowin about 4 days ago.

Sepultura fan by any chance? (Y)

you know it keldyn!!! i am glad someone picked up on that!!!

I'm listening to them right now you see.... :cool: ;)

CHAOS.AD!!! :punk:

well in between trying to work i have been preparing a little final rebutal statement here for this forum and i am throwing in some more sepultura references towards the end but int he meantime i have propaganda playing load and clear!

first off, i truly apologize for the long reply, as you can see i am however quite disturbed by valve and steam and yes it is silly of me ill admit it. and maybe EVIL was a harsh choice of words and with the original post i admit my emotions wrote more than my brain did...with that being said read on if you wish...

as long as an article like - Steam Status Update Posted by Redmak on 16 Sep 2003 - which today happens to be the 16th of September, is Posted, i think i have every right not to STFU as was so nicely requested by my peers... is it so wrong of me to just want to play a game and or run an app which is released that i need to work to play a game (such as counter strike), without any of these problems i and what seems to be thousands upon thousands of others have encountered and are still facing to this very minute? yes i have read that people have gotten to work, but i have read even more people saying it has not (has anyone gone to the steam forums page??)

i have answered my own question of being a dreamer, since i am guilty of thinking back to the time before updates, patches, etc, were CRITICAL, when developers released something and it actually worked and could be enjoyed upon release and an update or patch was for enhancement and needed improvement, not to actually make an app work, and the public was not made to be puppets to test out the developers server capacity and or if the application even works... (being a dreamer of the above indeed was my original main inspiration for suggesting to ban steam.)

installing steam- what a fun and a pleasurable experience:

? downloading 3 different versions of steam to date

? uninstalling and reinstalling steam 4 times

? finally getting to the create an account screen

? creating an account not working after approximately 20 times of trying then steam just crapping out

? shutting down my computer to get an unknown "Hidden Window" exe trying to end task itself with no luck, in which i had to end the task manually (i always love surprises though that was a nice touch by valve)

? upon restart launching steam and being asked for my password on the login screen (i guess an account was created afterall even though it always gave me a error message)

? finally trying to log on only to be told the server is down and or check my internet connection...

valve has a couple of weeks before half life 2 to get Steam to version 30 or so until it works...how i look forward to the day i will not wake up to my neowin home page or a gamers forum reading a new press release by valve saying what they plan on getting to work, oops i mean fix, in the latest release...

enjoy your day, and enjoy your future stay "beneath the remains" of all of the versions of steam and valve "propaganda" that are sure to follow in the next couple of weeks, and lets hope we all "shall arise" in time to enjoy half life 2 from what is to date a "meaningless movement" known as steam...

(**everything in quotes for my fellow sepultura fans as sepultura was my inspiration for the refuse resist forum name!!)

Not sure if you have checked into it, but seems valve is doing everything wrong. The Framerate benchmark on a 2.8 GHz, Ge-Force 4 MX, 1GB Ram, was 10 FPS. That is horrible.

yeah, come on dude, it is a Geforce 4 MX. ive seen faster stuf come out of my ass

..and yeah, i cant be doing with steam either.

installed it once, it didnt work, took great pleasure in deleting it. havent played CS since :(

Although Steam doesn't actually have any spyware in it it still SUCKS. It's runs like crap, crashes all the time and is completely useless. I get constant video lag with Steam that is not there when I play with the normal WON system. There was nothing wrong with the WON system, downloading some stupid skinable front end launcher just to play Half-Life multilayer is absurd. I bought Half-Life with the intention of being able to use the WON system forever, just like ID software does with their games. Changing the system is stupid and pointless, and changing it to something like this is insane. It's also very discriminatory to people with slower machines or without broadband.

I get constant video lag with Steam that is not there when I play with the normal WON system.

That's definately a problem on your end, not Steams. It runs faster for me now that it's in final, and just as fast as the old versions of CS did.

Changing the system is stupid and pointless, and changing it to something like this is insane. It's also very discriminatory to people with slower machines or without broadband.

Why? It's as big as installing CS and Half-Life updates over the internet has always been. Plus, who wants to play with 56kers?

That's definately a problem on your end, not Steams. It runs faster for me now that it's in final, and just as fast as the old versions of CS did.

Yea, the problem on my end is I bought Half-Life when it came out, my computer meets Half-Life's system requirements but now Steam is out it needs about 50x more then I have. Normal Half-Life runs perfect with no tweaking required, Steam runs like ****. And because of this in a few weeks I won't be able to play any Half-Life mods multiplayer.

Why? It's as big as installing CS and Half-Life updates over the internet has always been. Plus, who wants to play with 56kers?

Why? Why bother changing the system at all? What did they accomplish? Absolutely nothing. And there are plenty of people on 56K modems that would still like to play Half-Life, they bought the game thinking they would get to, now they can't.

lmao. wow you are pathetic. your ignorance is dumbfounding. go cry about steam because its not going anywhere.

My ignorance? Ignorance of what? If I have made a mistake correct me.