_Steam_ - Refuse and Resist...

for the love of god stfu u stupid ppl who constantly put out crappy ass threads about how gay and how stupid steam is, i mean come on god, if u dont like it then dont use it dont create a worthless thread about it,

Good job mike but too late for me. I created an account and then uninstalled steam. Imagine all the other people who did the same.

Just because there were 500,000 created doesn't mean 500,000 liked it. It's a pethetic attempt to fix something that wasn't broke in the first place.

Shame on Valve and shame on people for supporting steam. It's bs and most of you know it, You just won't admit it. I will not be buying hl2 if this is indeed final.

I mean gee wiz people, You can't even edit files in hl anymore due to everything being in one file. And even though you think it's just my opinion, I'm not alone.

just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't like it.

seems like the people getting ****ed off are the impatient people of the gaming world. "i waaaaaaaant to plaaaaaaaay nooooooooooooooooooooooow. its not wooooooooooooorking. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" :pacifier:

well fact is Valve underestimated the demand so they weren't ready for the 500,000 people who signed up and all wanted to play/download it at the same time. I mean, c'mon .. get real. Can the whiners really not go without playing their game for a week? :pacifier: Its a bumpy start, but once everyone gets their downloads and they're on steam playing rather than everyone downloading at once, it'll start to smooth out and be a better ride. I can't believe some people have a hard time figuring this out.

"steam suxxxxxxxxxxxx.... i want to play my game NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW" :pacifier:

bunch of big babies.

I mean gee wiz people, You can't even edit files in hl anymore due to everything being in one file. And even though you think it's just my opinion, I'm not alone.
Yea, I hear the gun menus for CS are using the stand alone version names. Well if I ever get to play I won't know what gun is what anymore, and you can't change them like you could in normal Half-Life.
seems like the people getting ****ed off are the impatient people of the gaming world. "i waaaaaaaant to plaaaaaaaay nooooooooooooooooooooooow. its not wooooooooooooorking. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" :pacifier:

I personally don't think there is anything absurd about wanting to click on Half-Life and play there and then. I shouldn't have to wait 1/2 for it to load, or go through 20 different errors. But I guess that's just me, oh and the other 17611 people.

Seriously, the only problem I've had with steam in the last few days was creating my account. It was at 12am anyway, and I tried about 3 times to do it. After that, I said I'd do it in the morning. I woke up and got it first shot.

I personally don't think there is anything absurd about wanting to click on Half-Life and play there and then. I shouldn't have to wait 1/2 for it to load, or go through 20 different errors. But I guess that's just me, oh and the other 17611 people.

its not absurd and i can put myself in your shoes and understand how you feel, but thats part of my point. yes you have the difficulty NOW, but you won't SOON. once the herd of people trying to access steam all at once dies down, things will eventually smooth out and you won't have difficulty and you'll get to play it eventually.

Edited by Spyder

Maby you should go out ? Call a freind maby ( You probaly dont have any )

Watch a DVD ( or VHS .. welcome to 2003 ) ?

Seriously STOP WHINING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G E T A L I F E

Yea, I hear the gun menus for CS are using the stand alone version names. Well if I ever get to play I won't know what gun is what anymore, and you can't change them like you could in normal Half-Life.

A) It's not one big file, it has the same directory structure as Half-Life, and B) If you honestly look at the list before you buy a gun and chose it by name, you're probably not very good.

Then wait till next week. Oh sorry, it doesn't work for you one week later than it does for me? Whatever.

Lol, This thread is funny. I mean really. People are going to do whatever people want, I choose not to like steam and you choose to like it.

I'm not going to change your mind and your not going to change mine. So that's it, Do whatever you want. :sleep:

steam isnt THAT bad, it definitly need s alot of work...it works fine if you dl it with all the cache files and crap...but the thign thats REEALLY ****ing me off is, you run the program, and it takes freakin 4 minutes to pop UP!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN WTF

lol lol lol lol, obviously you pay no attention to the csnation news, let alone the hundreds of posts a day on their forums. Nextwish.org has made it so that it displays the correct names, and also a bomb timer that tells you how long its been going for. As I said in an earlier post, if you actually did some reading before making a useless comment...

And if you think this isnt better than the older menu interface, well...

Maby you should go out ? Call a freind maby ( You probaly dont have any )

Watch a DVD ( or VHS .. welcome to 2003 ) ?

Seriously STOP WHINING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G E T A L I F E

You must be getting really upset to resort to comments like that? I don't have any friends now? How old are you?
A) It's not one big file, it has the same directory structure as Half-Life, and B) If you honestly look at the list before you buy a gun and chose it by name, you're probably not very good.

So where do I go to change the gun names? Why is my skill at playing Counter-Strike in question? What does that have to do with anything?

lol lol lol lol, obviously you pay no attention to the csnation news, let alone the hundreds of posts a day on their forums. Nextwish.org has made it so that it displays the correct names, and also a bomb timer that tells you how long its been going for. As I said in an earlier post, if you actually did some reading before making a useless comment...

Your correct, I pay no attention to csnations news, nor do I have any idea what that is. Why does that humor you so? Perhaps you could be helpful and provide a link to one of these posts.

Nextwish.org isnt a link to one of these posts? Didnt even need to google for that one... :argh:

csnation.counter-strike.net .... It humors me because its the biggest counter-strike news site on the web

Nextwish.org isnt a link to one of these posts? Didnt even need to google for that one... :argh:
Nextwish.org is not a post on csnation, they are completely different sites.
csnation.counter-strike.net .... It humors me because its the biggest counter-strike news site on the web

I still don't understand the joke, so I don't know about some big Counter-Strike site. Doesn't really seem funny to me. I don't play Counter-Strike that much, I prefer Natural-Selection, is that funny to?

So where do I go to change the gun names? Why is my skill at playing Counter-Strike in question? What does that have to do with anything?

Good God, if you can't find the guns in a list of what, five guns, you have bigger problems than Steam. Plus, you can bind guns in console now, provided you ever get the game working :rolleyes:

Good God, if you can't find the guns in a list of what, five guns, you have bigger problems than Steam. Plus, you can bind guns in console now, provided you ever get the game working :rolleyes:

If I knew where the list was I wouldn't be asking would I. Binding guns in the console isn't an issue, being able to read the old guns names is.

Nextwish.org is not a post on csnation, they are completely different sites.

Lets not get f***ing pedantic here shall we. You said provide a link, and I had already provided a site, also you do not need to go to particular posts on csnation as its all right there on the front page.

And you know what the first thing I would do is if I wanted to find out about Natural Selection? I'd go to google.com and type in "Natural Selection" mod.

Just to show u how good google is, type "Counter-Strike" name fix, and guess what the first site that comes up is... Also if you just put in "Counter-Strike" the second link is to csnation.

Its no longer rtfm, its stfg (search the f**king google)...

Lets not get f***ing pedantic here shall we. You said provide a link, and I had already provided a site, also you do not need to go to particular posts on csnation as its all right there on the front page.

And you know what the first thing I would do is if I wanted to find out about Natural Selection? I'd go to google.com and type in "Natural Selection" mod.

Just to show u how good google is, type "Counter-Strike" name fix, and guess what the first site that comes up is... Also if you just put in "Counter-Strike" the second link is to csnation.

Its no longer rtfm, its stfg (search the f**king google)...

I asked if you could provide a link to one of the posts, you used to word "post" in reference to csnation, NOT nextwish.org, sorry you misunderstood me.

Yes, thank you, I understand the concept of http://www.google.com. When did I say I needed information about Natural-Selection, NS runs fine for me as it doesn't require Steam currently.

I was merely saying that as an example since I dont know anything about NS, thats what I would do, and since you appear to know about as much about cs as I do about NS, it is what YOU should of done.

Steam's running fine on my end. I haven't had a problem with Steam in the Betas or the Final version, and Steam only takes up about 9MB of RAM on my computer.

System Specs if you're wondering:

AMD AthlonXP 1800+

256MB PC-2100 DDR RAM

Geforce 2 MX 32MB DVI

Western Digital 40GB 7200RPM HDD

Windows 2000 Profession w/ SP4 and all drivers updated.

BTW Steam ROCKS!!!