After Black Ops I said I would never buy another Call of Duty game ever again. Then I saw the first trailer and knew Modern Warfare was back. These new trailers are making me glad I was able to get in on the Hardened Edition. Can't wait.

I have a question; in black ops, I was never able to spot any enemies until it was too late... is it just me or does battlefield 3 have easier spotting, since now I can actually see people rather than dying... :( (Never played MW2 )

Any tips for black ops?

I'm really curious to know if people are actually buying into the hype train for this game, yet again? Not trolling, it's just we seem to follow the same trend every year.

Call of Duty gets massively hyped

People get Call of Duty on Release

People complain Call of Duty campaign only takes 5 hours to beat with a few days after release

People get bored of Call of Duty multiplayer within 2 months and bitch about how lame the game is for the next 10 months and talk about how awesome the next one will be when new trailers are announced for Modern Warfare Ops 4.

So I'm just curious to know why people think it will be different this time.

P.S. Absolutely no interest in this game. The last CoD game I really played was the orignal Modern Warfare so I'm not being a hypocrite when it comes to this game/series. :rofl:

cause it has the best multi player... and the stories are epic. i love these games. not a single one in the entire franchise has actually sucked, just the treyarch ones suck compared to the infinity ward ones.

personally, i gave up on call of duty ever since modern warfare 2, that was the last stand *pun intended*, and from the trailers my case still stands... :glare:

I'm really curious to know if people are actually buying into the hype train for this game, yet again?

People get bored of Call of Duty multiplayer within 2 months...

I'm buying it because I really enjoy CoD MP. Still playing online Black Ops on my PS3, and I played MW2 up to BO's release too. Couldn't care less about the single player campaign mode.

I'm really curious to know if people are actually buying into the hype train for this game, yet again? Not trolling, it's just we seem to follow the same trend every year.

Call of Duty gets massively hyped

People get Call of Duty on Release

People complain Call of Duty campaign only takes 5 hours to beat with a few days after release

People get bored of Call of Duty multiplayer within 2 months and bitch about how lame the game is for the next 10 months and talk about how awesome the next one will be when new trailers are announced for Modern Warfare Ops 4.

So I'm just curious to know why people think it will be different this time.

P.S. Absolutely no interest in this game. The last CoD game I really played was the orignal Modern Warfare so I'm not being a hypocrite when it comes to this game/series. :rofl:

What are you basing your hypothetical scenario on? The single player is always short and sweet, but if you are buying CoD for the single player experience ALONE at this point, you've misunderstood the designers focus. Black Ops is the number one game on Xbox Live and MW2 is number three only behind the brand new Gears of War 3.

I am looking forward to it, I know the campaign is short but it is usually a blast. I like CoD for the multiplayer but once it gets taken over by hackers it's extremely disappointing :/

Schofield: Modern Warfare 3′s engine is “a Porsche”

Sledgehammer Games general manager Glen Schofield has responded again to criticism of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3′s ageing engine.

20111018mw3.jpg

“I’ve worked on a lot of engines over my lifetime and spent a lot of time putting graphics in to them and this thing is a Porsche,” Schofield told CVG.

“And what I mean by that is that it is stream-lined, everything in it is perfectly freaking clean. You can tell it’s been worked on for years. It’s easy to upgrade.

“We worked with engines before that are like ****ing spaghetti. You can’t work on a part and put it back in without messing with everything else.

“I’ve said this before – I’m not shipping an engine, I’m shipping a game. So that’s why I’m going to talk about the game. You can talk about your engine all you want. It’s not fun.”

Schofield said that despite utilising the same engine, the upgradable nature of the tech means Modern Warfare 3′s levels are much bigger, and have greater verticality, than Modern warfare 2′s – on top of graphical improvements.

“If you put Modern Warfare 2 next to Modern Warfare 3 you would see a huge difference. Look at all the character models, look at all the gun models, look at the reflections, look at the water.

“There is so much that we’ve added, so when someone says ‘cut and paste’, I don’t even want to talk to them because they don’t know. They just don’t know. They have no idea.”

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 arrives on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in November.

Thanks, GameFront.

Source: VG247

An old Porsche, perhaps. It's still a little outdated in comparison to other engines like Frostbite 2, Unreal Engine 3, and CryENGINE 3.

yeah it's pretty damn old engine, but it still works and the game still looks and runs beautifully on a varied types of systems, from low to high end. for example i can play black ops on my macbook with low to medium graphics, full out res at about 40-50 fps on MP. that's awesome.

yeah it's pretty damn old engine, but it still works and the game still looks and runs beautifully on a varied types of systems, from low to high end.

That reminds me of how Modern Warfare 2 ran better on my PC than Call of Duty 4.

I'm thinking of passing on this game. I usually pick up Call of Duty games, but the article in Game Informer really summed up me sentiment when they said "The multiplayer feels like an update, and not a full sequel. It is the exact same game we have been playing for years, with a few new bells and whistles" (or such). I just can't keep playing the one-a-year game. I think i'll just go with BF3 which i know will stay relevant and competitive for years to come.

Source: VG247

This guy is obviously an idiot.

If you put Modern Warfare 2 next to Modern Warfare 3 you would see a huge difference. Look at all the character models, look at all the gun models, look at the reflections, look at the water.

“There is so much that we’ve added, so when someone says ‘cut and paste’, I don’t even want to talk to them because they don’t know. They just don’t know. They have no idea.

Modern Warfare 3

71949.jpg

Modern Warfare 2

Untitled-1.jpg

Guys, can't you see the HUGE difference? I know I can! :rolleyes:

It looks like the same game. What's holding them back is the engine. It has reached the end of its life in terms of image quality. Frostbite 2, CryENGINE 3, and Unreal Engine 3 are all better in just about every way. The only benefit they have is being able to run MW3 at 60 FPS on console hardware. The engine will be of no use once this generation ends.

Anyway, I'm still willing to buy it for multiplayer. If it's well-balanced and fun, then I'll put many hours into it.