What would you like in WP7

I want to see seperate Volume control

being able to set one email account to make a ring while the other one is silent

I want to be able to see a wallpaper for the background behind the tiles

Two things and I would make my next phone a WP7 for sure... and neither are dependent only on Microsoft...

1. Citrix Receiver

2. Lotus Traveler

I say dependent only on Microsoft because I believe that the Citrix Receiver is somewhat dependent on them opening up the network stack with some APIs to allow it to work. Lotus guys say they won't support it until it gains more traction... so kind of a catch 22 - I personally can't buy one until they do support it, but they can't support it because not a lot of people are buying it. Ugh.

A better way to 'close all' apps/panes. I find I keep neurotically hitting the back button to close them all out. Even more annoying if I don't use a 'blank' IE tab as last.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that :laugh: I know you don't have to but I really hate having things in my back list and would love to be able to "close" apps. I was hoping that the new multitasking card view would include a little close button similar to the close tab button in IE but unfortunately MS chose to stick with using back to close apps.

I disagree. Not only will some people have never seen him post about this gripe of his, if this is his main complaint with Windows Phone, it's understandable he'd be passionate about it. This thread even specifically asks what he would like to see in Windows Phone, so he posted with his completely on-topic thoughts. I disagree with his opinion in this case, but I don't mind seeing him post about it.

I don't know how you can say that nobody would have seen him complain about the UI since he's done it in virtually every single thread about WP7 for the last year. Take a look in the other threads and you'll see that I'm not the only one who's sick of it. Others are starting to accuse him of trolling and I have to say that I agree.

I am someone who loves good design and appreciates it in anything and anywhere. WP7s design is brilliant. Just as it is. Its brilliantly done. There is little room for more. Its all close to as perfect as such a design can be. I will say that they should allow us to choose any color for the background and the tiles..

e.g Blue background and white tiles would look really neat!.. but then again. i would only want an option for custom color. I think they shouldnt allow us to put Glass crap or other GRADIENTS and stuff there.. No textures either.. It doesnt go with the design. And each device will look toooooo different. It may not even look like a WP from afar. Thats what i think.

And thanks to the guy who pointed out that puttin the email sync to 7 days fixes the problem. Im on Mango 7712. And the problem isnt fixed. Also i want to be able to select a HOME PAGE for IE.

1. Custom Homepage

2. More Accent Colors. Custom Accent colors would be great.

3. More ringtones. I know in mango we can use custom ringtones but i like the microsoft ones and would want more of those :)

4. Advanced setting for screen or display color settings.

5. Advanced Wifi or Data connection settings. Allowing a monthly CAP in the phone would be so awesome!

6. Improve Zune. Add EQ please!!!!!!

7. Sometimes facebook chat doesnt work. It will show ppl offline when they are not. Im not sure if its facebooks fault or MS but they should work on this and fix it.

8. Allow custom settings for MMS and such services.

9. Add a simple Notes app built in. I dont get the Office One Note :p

10. And plenty more Awesome Wallpapers please??/ i have an Omnia 7 and it came with a very awesome wallpaper of a city or something.. purplish sky. And after Mango update its replaced with the mango wallpaper. Which is brilliant. But i miss my old wallpaper :( Please include like 50 or so really cool wallpapers in Mango RTM!!!! and for microsoft if they are listening why dont you just make a wallpaper of the BING PICTURE and allow us to download it everyday??? or such a feature?? it would be pretty awesome :)

thats it for now.

EDIT: just above me theres somebody who wrote about a seperate volume thing. I agree!.. atleast allow us to set the ringtone and message volume seperately.. so it doesnt change if we reduce the volume when playing a game or listening to music. It should be independant of the main volume control.

I've been trawling through the registry, and it would appear that there is a very capable audio control system already in place. There exists a "StreamClass" for Notification, CameraShutter, Voicemail, SpeechPrompt, AudioCapture, Ringtone, System, VoiceCommunication, Alarm, InCall, DTMF, Speech, and Media. Without any documentation, though, it's going to either take a bit of disassembling or trial and error to figure out how the RoutingPolicy and Endpoint section tie it all together. HKLM\Audio is where all the stuff is, if anybody's interested.

Disassembly isn't in my area of knowledge, so I might have to roll back to NoDo so I can get a proper registry editor and really monkey with this thing. My goal would be just to set ring = loud, except when on vibrate.

I live in the middle east, and as some one who speak Arabic and English. I would like to see Arabic support (starting from the keyboard, web browser and all apps).

Just to note, I am having IPhone 3GS and I am SERIOUSLY considering a WP7.5 Nokia powered device as my next phone.

@Zain - There's an app in the Marketplace from Microsoft called "Insider" among other things it allows you to download the Mobile Bing images. That should give you plenty of wallpapers. But I agree with you that it should ship with more.

There have been some really good ideas. I just thought of one more quirk. When I've visited a website in IE and close the tab. When I go back to that site it acts like it's refreshing but doesn't. I still have to then do it manually. So I have to wait for the page to load twice. I'd love this fixed, though not the end of the world...

O thanks man! The apps installing :) btw I got some kool wallpapers from this.site that sells phone front back stickers. Really nice ones

I'll post the link when im on my pc. There should be a thread with links to sites for wallpaper. I'm into minimal stuff.

Isn't adobe itself more or less giving up on flash now that they have Edge out? Aka, html5+css+javascript.

I think the fact they put edge together is a sign in itself.

Something that I've noticed no other person has listed at this point is the Media controls with the headphones.

It's not exactly intuitive at it's current state. Now, I'm not advocating that Microsoft copy what Apple does but if you have ever used their version of it works flawlessly.

You can request a song or artist to play you can skip to the next song or fast forward and skip back and rewind. It'll even tell you what is currently playing.

That's something I'd like to see them integrate.

Yeah, I think Adobe is beginning to accept that Flash is on its way out. Though I really don't understand why they came out with a brand new product (Edge) instead of just adding a new publishing option to Flash...

@Zain, thanks, I'll have to check out that link.

Another thing that would be really nice in WP7 for admins would be VPN support. It would be handy to be able to log in and reboot the router, server, etc. And their app for connecting to WHS should support way more versions of Windows and Windows Server...

• Sync directly to Outlook
    -- Be able to sync directly to Outlook without using the cloud.
  • Directly /locally access my own Documents / Files stored on the Phone
  • Remote Desktop Client
  • Sync text messages (SMS) with Exchange/Outlook
  • Allow tethering
  • USB storage
  • Battery Life Percentage
  • FULL Backup of Device that can be triggerd anytime we want, not just when you do a firmware update
  • Create categories/folders for installed apps

Some good requests. It would be nice to have more of a file system for files on the phone, absolutely.

As for tethering, that's already there, but has been disabled by some carriers... :(

Some more settings would be nice in general.

For instance, I have an e-mail account that I use for receiving texts when only on Data. It would be nice to be able to set the e-mail account to not include the prior e-mail in the text or a subject and such. More customization and settings support in general would be very nice I think.

And I think ...I'm a WP7 should be preinstalled on all phones personally. With the upcoming release of 2.6 bringing an integrated "Where's My Update" it's really an invaluable app.

Screen capture is in the new dev tools emulator I believe. As for the device itself, I dunno.

Wasn't that supposed to be in Mango? Can anyone with Mango confirm or deny? :)

I have Mango, and it's not there. Maybe one of the suprise RTM features >:]