What would you like in WP7

@Holey: Thanks for the info. I didn't know about that limitation...

I like the suggestion for easier access to turning Wi-Fi on and off and stuff. That would be nice.

Nope, I get a 'ping' for an email, there is no icon on my lockscreen, yet when i get into the tiles, there is a big fat 1 next to my exchange account..

All other accounts (hotmail, gmail) give me a little mail icon on my lock screen, but not my exchange...

Ah, sorry.

Figured out the problem guys, just for your reference :)

Nice one. I wonder if the ability to merge inboxes in Mango will get around that limitation.

Got samsung focus... i think microsoft has to up there game.....and come out with updates a little more aggressively to help address little/major issues that ruins the over all experience...

- Wifi drops connection after screen lock (they should give us an option/toggle under "battery saver" ... so that we consumer have a choice) ...my iphone doesnt do it n still has a great battery life

- Toast Notification for facebook like/comment/tag etc....if its integrated well into OS...then these should be there rather than having a facebook app for it.....

- Proper notification hub plz...

- Show the missed notification counter at lock screen....like you have for missed call, email, sms....a similar for third party apps like kik etc wud be gr8

- Skype integrated or app...just release it already...and please dont leave us early adopters behind.....

- PDF attachment in mail....

- Better skydrive....add/edit folders from the phone....infact have an official skydrive HUB please.....

PDF attachment and that WiFi issue is very much needed right away.

I also noticed that.

It cuts off WiFi when screen locks..

whats the use then??

e.g with mango i had planned to load vids on youtube and as it will have multitasking and fast resume i thought of watching it when complete. But when the screen will lock the WiFi will shut down.

They should allow an option to do that or not. simple as that. a one line code maybe ?? for the guys there at MS.

I do wish its fixed in the final RTM of mango. As it is present in Mango 7712

Wow, I hope the wi-fi drop issue has been resolved in final...

As for pdf's in email, I installed Acrobat Reader and can open pdf's from my email...

Also something I noticed. If you are using Facebook chat. And the battery goes into power saver mode. It will disconnect the chat. I think it shouldn't if we are in a chat already.

PDF attachment and that WiFi issue is very much needed right away.

I also noticed that.

It cuts off WiFi when screen locks..

whats the use then??

e.g with mango i had planned to load vids on youtube and as it will have multitasking and fast resume i thought of watching it when complete. But when the screen will lock the WiFi will shut down.

They should allow an option to do that or not. simple as that. a one line code maybe ?? for the guys there at MS.

I do wish its fixed in the final RTM of mango. As it is present in Mango 7712

i am running Mango RTM and the wifi drops on lock screen....so now the only hope is that they release a fix for such issues quickly.... two things ive found

-wifi doesnt drop if connect to power plug

-Data service dont drop at lock screen

BUT again....the above doesnt solve anything.....i dont keep my phones plugged in power socket unless im runnin out of battery....and most ppl dont like to use their phone data when at home......it takes MS ages to catch up with iOS and android phones....c'mon.....they shouldve let the hacking community work out these tweaks just like we have cydia on iphone......this way we would customize our device to our needs and dun have to wait for official update....

PDF attachment issues?

I also don't get the WiFi issue. I've never noticed that it drops at the lock screen and for good measure, it doesn't matter. I'm more impressed that you (somehow) determined this to begin with. Its not like the phone is really data intensive in its sleep state anyway and takes a whopping couple of seconds to remate on unlock.

This isn't exactly one for Microsoft but I'd really like a proper satnav application with local map storage. Something like TomTom or Copilot. I do most of my driving internationally so online maps (even with the option to save routes for offline use) are useless to me. I'm hoping that the API changes in Mango will encourage the satnav companies to bring something out but the lack of any news is worrying. They may be pushing Bing maps but I'd really like Microsoft to work with one of the big satnav companies to port their app over to WP7.

better customizing, web interface for store/marketplace, less gimmicky animations, no hardware restriction or at least allow the use of non qualcomm processors and gpus, better notifications, less wasted space on screen. just a few off top of my head for now.

@digitalx: Why would you want them to remove the hardware requirements? I for one think it's a great idea. We don't have to worry about underpowered phones like Android users do.

Dropping wifi when the screen locks, well, it shouldn't be right when the screen locks but a bit of time after, is to save battery since the phone figures that, hey, the screen went off so you're not using the phone, gotta save battery now!

The optiont o keep it open would be nice, though it does stay up if you're connected to power/usb where running out of battery is not an issue.

@gp007: Yeah, it sounds like a power saving feature to me too. I haven't noticed this though to be honest. If it is stopping downloads, maybe it should finish before disconnecting. But otherwise I'm O.K. with it.

I agree, if they don't give us the option to keep wifi on even when the screen goes off they should at least allow any active downloads over wifi to end before it turns off instead of it switching over to 3G etc.

All I need is some developers to take advantage of the mango api's and produce some VPN/RDP apps and ill be a happy camper.

Mango resolved my issues with the device, havent looked back since. iphone makes a nice music player for the car now.

All I need is some developers to take advantage of the mango api's and produce some VPN/RDP apps and ill be a happy camper.

Mango resolved my issues with the device, havent looked back since. iphone makes a nice music player for the car now.

I would love VPN / RDP support. There are some screen share apps available now, but the reviews aren't particularly great and some don't even have trials to see if they work... And honestly, I would prefer a Microsoft Solution over a 3rd party, because who knows if they're going to update it when a new version of Windows comes out, or a security update breaks something they rely on or something...

As for Mango, I really can't wait. I hope that it comes out soon... :)

Another thing I was thinking about today. The calendar is rather hard to glance and go with. It kind of doesn't go with the rest of the OS.

So it would be really nice if it could be improved so that you could tell more at a glance.

Because to be honest you can't really tell anything from looking at the calendar.

So, maybe the user could have the option of color coding appointments... I think this would be very helpful.

I'd like to be able to paste into the dialer or at least have the option to modify numbers in the dialer. For instance, I missed a call from an unknown number in Australia (I live in the UK) the other day but needed to add a dialing prefix before I could call them back. There was no way to add digits to the front of the number without using the backspace key (which obviously deletes the number). I didn't have a pen on me to write the number down so I had to save the number to a temporary contact, modify it, call it and then delete the contact once I was finished. In the past I've had similar problems trying to dial numbers on websites. I can copy the number from the webpage but then I can't paste it into the dialer.

I'd like to be able to paste into the dialer or at least have the option to modify numbers in the dialer. For instance, I missed a call from an unknown number in Australia (I live in the UK) the other day but needed to add a dialing prefix before I could call them back. There was no way to add digits to the front of the number without using the backspace key (which obviously deletes the number). I didn't have a pen on me to write the number down so I had to save the number to a temporary contact, modify it, call it and then delete the contact once I was finished. In the past I've had similar problems trying to dial numbers on websites. I can copy the number from the webpage but then I can't paste it into the dialer.

That's really an interesting situation I hadn't even thought about. I can see that being rather frustrating. Perhaps WP7 should recognize out of country phone numbers and try to add the country code for you...

Another thing I would really love to see is a way for users to vote for games to get the Live treatment. Currently Microsoft doesn't really let independent game developers to take advantage of Live. And some of the games are really good and unique. It would be great if developers got permission to use Live after a game got enough votes from users...