What would you like in WP7

I have Mango, and it's not there. Maybe one of the suprise RTM features >:]

Oh, O.K. That would be a handy feature. I used to be able to do that on WinMo... Though it was an app. Perhaps Microsoft exposed an API or something that would allow a 3rd party developer to do it now...

Oh, O.K. That would be a handy feature. I used to be able to do that on WinMo... Though it was an app. Perhaps Microsoft exposed an API or something that would allow a 3rd party developer to do it now...

Yeah I used to use SpbScreenshot in WinMo. Nothing in WP7 so far. It would be very handy to have it by natively as opposed to rely on third party.

I would love to see:

- Repeat notifications (more than one notification sound for missed texts/calls/vm

- LED notifications for calls, texts, emails, etc

- More app. developers!

- VPN support, RDP, Terminal

- Sharepoint 2007 integration

- MSC option! (Zune is nice, but come on who doesn't like drag n' drop)

- MSC option! (Zune is nice, but come on who doesn't like drag n' drop)

isn't wifi sync better? :unsure: they should a button somewhere to force sync over battery (zune had it) and it will work much better. :)

Well, i pretty much love my Omnia 7 and do think that WP7 gives the best user experience right now (i ditched an iphone 4 for it, android is out of the question), but there are plenty of shortcomings in features.

So there are the more important absent thingies i accumulated since april:

- add categories/syncing of categories to Outlook/Calendar (really, i'm waiting for this since WM6.1)

- add Skydrive media streaming to Zune software (audio/video)

- add internet tethering

- add mail account subfolder support

Can't think of anything now, but a landscape Home/Start screen would be nice.

That would actually be nice (With the ability to disable it though). I know a couple of people that that really annoys.

That would actually be nice (With the ability to disable it though). I know a couple of people that that really annoys.

Well, it would have to be autorotate, its just annoying when you're using the phone in landscape and then you get back to the homescreen and have to rotate your phone hack into portrait.

Well, it would have to be autorotate, its just annoying when you're using the phone in landscape and then you get back to the homescreen and have to rotate your phone hack into portrait.

Yeah, I agree.

• Seperate volume controls for essential (calls, messages, email, alarms) and non essential (games, music, keyboard tapping sound)
  • Proper multiplayer for games
  • Tethering
  • ToDo list that is persistant on your lockscreen, until you tick it as completed inside the app.
  • Faster at loading everything
  • An Outlook icon for the lockscreen when you have an unread exchange message... Can't believe its not there already
  • Better implementation of Turn by Turn navigation than what is currently in Mango Beta
  • Ability to use it as a remote for Windows Media Centre/Xbox media. Apple already has this with appleTV, but i believe microsoft can do a better implementation.
  • Better SkyDrive integration. Maybe even a SkyDrive file browser!
  • Ability to save Office documents straight into skydrive for work at through office live later. Again i can't believe you can't already do this..
  • Remove the 2-3 second delay that you get after hitting the search button before the bing window pops up
  • Remote desktop API support (I miss my teamviewer)
  • Landscape support for the home screen and all hubs. This would look SO slick.
  • Ability to sort apps (folders, groups, just something better than an endless list)

Resize tiles

separate volume controls

Seamless integration with SkyDrive - music/media locker

Skype integration

Bookmark/favorites sync (seems obvious to me)

Remote control for Zune

Mi-Fi hotspot

Proper VNC/RDP client

Custom ringtones (with Mango, i know)

Screen capture

Facebook IM/Live Messenger

Proper custom backup of device. Apps, texts, etc.

Visual voicemail

App sorting/categories

Better web browser

More color choices for tiles

However, i LOVE WP7 and my Focus.

Resize tiles

separate volume controls

Seamless integration with SkyDrive - music/media locker

Skype integration

Bookmark/favorites sync (seems obvious to me)

Remote control for Zune

Mi-Fi hotspot

Proper VNC/RDP client

Custom ringtones (with Mango, i know)

Screen capture

Facebook IM/Live Messenger

Proper custom backup of device. Apps, texts, etc.

Visual voicemail

App sorting/categories

Better web browser

More color choices for tiles

However, i LOVE WP7 and my Focus.

A good few of those are in Mango. The ones that aren't are all good and should be added in a future update.

It would be really nice if you could connect to Wi-Fi and browse the other computers on the network (As well as routers and such) and with a click screen share, log in (In the case of the router), reboot the computers, etc., etc. That would be very useful. And if you could do all of this via VPN it would be really great.

One thing that I would like (And it's fairly minor), but sometimes I have 2 or 3 things in my calendar for a day. Currently on the Live Tile it only shows one appointment. It would be nice if this listed 2 or 3 appointments. I think 2 would fit pretty easily... Or have an elipsis to show that there are more... That would be consistent with the rest of the OS...

I just thought of a nice feature request today. I think that it would work somewhat similar to a more robust / integrated We're In in WP7, and have been thinking about it for a while, but We're In got me thinking about it again.

It would be very nice if you could (Maybe using the new Groups feature in Mango) allow people that you're approved to see your calendar. Then you can send invites to people and see them approve it in the calendar and schedule it as a group. For some people, maybe you can limit the duration or permissions to only that event such as how We're In does it, but for coworkers, family, etc. maybe you'd like to allow them to see your schedule all the time. It could replace the attendees function in the calendar as well, as I've seen a lot of complaints about the way that's currently handled. And the events could have a discussion built into them so that people can discuss the plans and everyone can see and chime in on the discussion...

Maybe they can make apps for other OS's and then just build it into Tango or something. It really should be built right into the OS...

I think it would be another leg up on the other OS's...

For me:

Screen Capture - amazed that this didn't make the Mango "500"

The option to set the top row of status icons to always vissible (ie: do I have signal, 3, 3gs wifi etc)

I feel this is important so before launching an app thats bandwidth heavy we can see if it's actually going to work before hand, A classic example I find is the Zune Marketplace on the phone, if you don't check to make sure you've got either wifi or 3gs the app will take a long time downloading. If the signal is weak to non existant then there is a higher risk of drop out, which in turn will result in data being re transmitted, and this could directly effect data caps.

Battery percentage to be displayed as part of the battery icon, with a quick tap to see how long on current usuage it will last

A quick on / off toggle for wifi on the main screen or to be part of the wifi icon itself ie:to be able to tap the wifi indicator and know which WLAN Im connected too / which WLANS are in range or to switch on off.

From a useability standpoint the above two things I feel take too long to achieve by going into the settings even with the hacks / walkaround that exist, that said, I have no regrets buying a WP7 and Mango is a huge step forward.

If I think of anything else I shall post later.

Creedy

plain and simple

the function to load my old mobile 5/6 .cab files so I can use the programs I bought for windows mobile 5-6

Not going to happen.

Um, what? There absolutely is one.

I was wondering about this too but I think he might be differentiating between new and unread mail. At the moment an icon appears when you have new messages but not when you have unread messages. I don't know why you would want that but I think that's what he means.

I was wondering about this too but I think he might be differentiating between new and unread mail. At the moment an icon appears when you have new messages but not when you have unread messages. I don't know why you would want that but I think that's what he means.

Nope, I get a 'ping' for an email, there is no icon on my lockscreen, yet when i get into the tiles, there is a big fat 1 next to my exchange account..

All other accounts (hotmail, gmail) give me a little mail icon on my lock screen, but not my exchange...

Not sure if these have been mentioned but as a developer for WP7 I would like these features:

To be able to create live wall papers with animation in Silverlight or video.

To be able to set the wall paper from within app for the user.

Figured out the problem guys, just for your reference :)

Apparently, there are 5 notification 'slots' available on the lock screen, 3 of which are available for email accounts. I have 4 email accounts configured, and they are assigned slots based on the order they are created.

Hence, when I recently deleted and recreated the Outlook email account, it got moved out of the slot it was assigned to and got put to the bottom of the list, with no available slot.

Easy fix was to delete and recreate my Google email account, which I don't access very often and don't really use that much.