Mozilla Firefox 6.0 - Final

Mozilla Firefox 6.0 - Final

Firefox 6 - faster, more secure, easier to use and sporting a new look, this latest Firefox release sets a new standard for web browser innovation. Firefox is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the tabbed browsing and the ability to block pop-up windows. View Web pages way faster, using less of your computer?s memory. Take Firefox with you wherever you go. Synchronize your browsing across multiple devices. Forget clunky URLs ? find the sites you love in seconds. Firefox has the most ways to customize your online experience specifically for the way you use the web. It is built with you in mind, so it?s easy and instinctive to use even the first time you try it. Thousands of Add-ons (little extras that augment Firefox to meet your unique needs) just waiting out there to help you do more, have more fun and be more creative online. Firefox keeps your personal info personal and your online interests away from the bad guys. Simply put, your security is our top priority.

Downloads:

Download Firefox 6.0 for Windows EN US File version: 6.0.0.4240

Other languages

All systems

aboutfirefox60.png

01:20.49 2011-08-13 Firefox Setup

33f6dc8bf51178af43a58c405c0a5c10 *Firefox Setup 6.0.exe

08:42.44 2011-08-16 Firefox Setup

33f6dc8bf51178af43a58c405c0a5c10 *Firefox Setup 6.0.exe

thanks for the update but i am waiting for Firefox 7 to be final as ill stick with Aurora channel for now as Firefox 7's memory usage is hugely improved which means prior versions are obsolete/not worth using.

i been using Firefox 7 for over a month now and i won't go back to to big memory improvements over prior versions.

Mine updated before I went to bed a few hours ago. Just after midnight EST.

Feels fast and snappy. A wholly change from the last beta.

Ha - if it wasn't for Google's lame versioning strategy, FF 6 would - and should - have been 4.2. :rolleyes:

Ha - if it wasn't for Google's lame versioning strategy, FF 6 would - and should - have been 4.2. :rolleyes:

i agree as it's been ages like that up until recently. because full version number changes used to mean fairly big leaps. now you just get small differences between FF4 to FF6. FF7 is where the big leap is at anyways due to the very noticeable ram use reduction.

because with the usual version numbering it would have basically been like this...

Firefox 4

Firefox 4.1 (i.e. Firefox 5)

Firefox 4.2 (i.e. Firefox 6)

Firefox 5 (i.e. Firefox 7 (since the very noticeable ram reduction would be a major boost to the browser))

I'm going to sleep now. Wake me up when people stop complaining about this and just be happy that they are actually releasing updates faster.

firefox 6 is a nice improvement, mainly in HTML5 capabilities, the other changes are rather minor. Not long until Firefox 7 beta, need the ram improvements badly, i hate firefox increasing in ram over several hours, supposedly firefox 7 will pretty much fix this.

I must have totally missed FireFox 5 haha, I was sure the latest was version 4.

Google don't make any deal what so ever about what version the browser is, so it shouldn't matter.

firefox 6 is a nice improvement, mainly in HTML5 capabilities, the other changes are rather minor. Not long until Firefox 7 beta, need the ram improvements badly, i hate firefox increasing in ram over several hours, supposedly firefox 7 will pretty much fix this.

Fx7 will enter Beta on 16th, so only a few more days of waiting.

Is it worth to try this version?

I was pretty happy with it when Aurora went to v6, although to be honest, much happier with v7. If you don't like pre-releases though, yea it's a good upgrade from v5.

Not sure about v4.2, but maybe everything between v5 and v6 would have been a 4.5 release.

Must this happen every time?

It's not really final until it's actually announced as a release. Then all the pages are up to date, and the build will have been fully tested and approved. So, use at your own risk, but why do we have to have a thread jumping the gun every time?

And, they're doing time-based releases, hence the version increment each time (because 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 forever would be silly). Just ignore the bloody version number.

I'm going to sleep now. Wake me up when people stop complaining about this and just be happy that they are actually releasing updates faster.

True. Yeah, this new versioning, like Chrome's versioning, is a bit misleading and artificial, but I'm glad they are rolling out improvements much more quickly instead of getting bogged down. Getting to 4.0 took way too long.

Aurora 7, simply, is the best browser I have ever used as far as responsiveness and looks. The font rendering is superb. Though, was that introduced in v6?

More than likely trying to keep up with rival browsers versions.

IE9

Opera 11

Chrome 13

FF4... Sounds pretty far behind the rest

Chrome doesn't advertise its version number anywhere. Chrome isn't trying to beat anyone's version number, and no one is trying to catch up to chrome's. Firefox isn't adopting a chrome style release cycle because of a damn version number, they are doing it for faster, consistent releases that get improvements to the end user faster, rather than the previous monolithic releases that let the current version get stale and behind (*cough firefox 3.6 cough*).

Chrome doesn't advertise its version number anywhere. Chrome isn't trying to beat anyone's version number, and no one is trying to catch up to chrome's. Firefox isn't adopting a chrome style release cycle because of a ****ing version number, they are doing it for faster, consistent releases that get improvements to the end user faster, rather than the previous monolithic releases that let the current version get stale and behind (*cough firefox 3.6 cough*).

Capture.PNG

Unless you mean on their download page, then no they don't - but chill... no need for swearing about a browser !

EDIT - actually

Capture.PNG