HP TouchPad fire sale 99$ CAD

Very tempting... slickdeals has a $15 coupon (SAVE15HP) on the $99 one, comes out to $90 shipped (w/ tax)....also debating taking a chance on the modding community :p

edit - what the heck, bought one...hoping for android or win 8 some day :p about $85 after cash back too!

The way I see it for now it's a great web browser, mobile email checker for $99 when I'm watching TV. If/when the modding community steps up, all the better.

Yeah, exactly. I mean, what will I do with one besides web browsing? It's extremely, extremely tempting, but with the current economy, I can't be wasting $99 on something that's not going to last.

Just because they've stopped supporting it, that doesn't mean the thing will magically stop working. From all the reports I've read it's a decent tablet that is completely usable as it is right now. That's not going to change in the future. The only thing that will change is that there won't be an app store. For me, that's not a huge worry and well worth the $99 price.

They are stopping support of the hardware, not the software. Read the letter developers got at the bottom of the first page.

They are stopping support of the hardware, not the software. Read the letter developers got at the bottom of the first page.

Ah well even better. There definitely isn't any reason to not pick one up if that's the case.

Kind of hard for developers to make software for a platform that has no devices. Just saying.

Just because they've stopped supporting it, that doesn't mean the thing will magically stop working. From all the reports I've read it's a decent tablet that is completely usable as it is right now. That's not going to change in the future. The only thing that will change is that there won't be an app store. For me, that's not a huge worry and well worth the $99 price.

I didn't say they would, I just said there's not much else to do on it other than browse the Internet and e-mail. You have to imagine they're going to shut their store down at some point for apps, too.

sucks none were available internationally outside NA. Even if webOS is dead surely can hack it up put android, windows 8 whatever on it.

Anyone got any info for Australia?

As best I can tell no-one is selling it :\

EDIT::

I know Harvey Norman received stock yesterday. They aren't selling it though..

I heard they were asked to return all stock :\

Anyone got any info for Australia?

As best I can tell no-one is selling it :\

EDIT::

I know Harvey Norman received stock yesterday. They aren't selling it though..

I heard they were asked to return all stock :\

can get them on ebay and stuff but just not at the bargain price.

Just picked one up from HP. Got the 32GB model for $121.13.

How'd you manage that? HP.com still shows the old pricing as of 1 minute ago. Also, the 16 and 32 are both listed "Out of stock".

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/can.do?storeName=storefronts&catLevel=1&landing=rts_tablet&category=rts_tablet&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp/hhoslp/psg/lateralnav_touchpads

Strange...

not in the uk, according to hp nothing till monday, but unlikely to see major discounts like in the states

Aww :(

I'll keep looking to see though.