HP TouchPad fire sale 99$ CAD

Wish HP would offer it for a decent price here in the UK. I'd spent y last bit of savings for one of these, would be great for portability.

Would the price change show up if they scan it on the register?

It should if their system has gotten the update. Our local store got the update as I was standing there. At the same time every store within 50 miles got the update as well. As I was calling them while I was walking out of that Wal-Mart, so once your region gets the price change, you should be fine.

You can ask them to ring it up, to see the price on screen, and make sure they are not jiving you to try and get you out of there so an employee can buy it, they WILL do that.

EDIT: My friend just drove 30 miles after calling another local WalMart who said they have several of them. When they got their, someone had told the WalMart the deal, so they blatantly told my friend they pulled them off from the shelves, for the employees and managers to have first grabs. My friend got pretty ****ed and got thrown out of the WalMart after nearly striking the managers. :rofl:

Personally I'm waiting for the info on Amazons tablet, but if this thing drops to a comparable price here in the UK, I'll buy one in a heartbeat. Worst case scenario, I can give it to a relative as a christmas present.

Very tempting... slickdeals has a $15 coupon (SAVE15HP) on the $99 one, comes out to $90 shipped (w/ tax)....also debating taking a chance on the modding community :p

edit - what the heck, bought one...hoping for android or win 8 some day :p about $85 after cash back too!

linkj?

I just called HP got a sales guy. He says they are out of stock and aren't getting any more in.

I called my local walmart in my town and they have a 32gig model but they haven't got the memo yet from Corp to drop the price. He said if it's already being cut on the website they should get the memo pretty soon and I told him to call me when they do. Then he ask for my number. So we'll see.

They need a memo ? Just give them this link : http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/WW-USSMBPublicStore-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse;pgid=YuxQvTx08xFSR0Q30eEcYwq500006BVQSJpg;sid=mbYe42M9QIgY4y0MbNzXd7oyS7gmknqn7MA=?CatalogCategoryID=dMgQ7habWagAAAEveclKiY4n&jumpid=in_WW-USSMBPublicStore-Site%3Acmp_20110209_185916

post-376446-0-89456600-1313862651.jpg

There anyway I can get one for so cheap in the UK?

I've ignored tablets so far just cos of cost, but for around that price (even adding on shipping and import taxes) I would grab one.

Wanna paypal total cost of it and shipping + a small tip I could go check Wal-Mart and BestBuy here.

Until they go to checkout from the site and it goes back to the retail price in the cart.

From what I've been reading, the cart price is a bug. Once they start processing orders on Monday, people will be changed the discounted price. If the price isn't adjusted, there will be a crap load of cancelled orders.

My Walmart sold out of both the 16 and 32 GB models, and the display model, which was a demo unit/not for resale was gone by about 1pm today.

This thing is pretty nifty. Will be great xmas presents for the price. And now its easier to get on neowin mobile. :). I dont know how much I will use it though, these things have never been that appealing to me. Maybe if someone over at XDA develops an android platform for it, it would see more use. I did already fill up all 32 gbs though :-P.

I spent the whole morning looking for one and everyone had them in stock but for the full price. We went to Staples first because my girlfriend is a manager there and the system had not been updated so we went to Wal-Mart and fought with there dumbasses for almost a hour and they basically told us to screw off. We got a call from the General Manager at Staples and he held us the 32gb model and we got it for $140 out the door thanks to her discount. So far I like it, there is a huge lack of apps compared to the other tablets on the market but there is already a lot of talk about getting Honeycomb ported over and it seems like it will not be that hard.

If you can get one go for it, you can't beat the price and the hardware you are getting :)

Got me one, the 16gb version. Got the open box from the local store, they had no more afterwards.

The thing is amazing, why in HELL did it not sell!?!?

For the people trying to get them at Wal-Mart, the managers at those stores are a flippin joke and the don't give a damn about the customer. We have the Store Manager and 2 Assistant Managers trying to help us and I don't think they could have found there way out of a wet paper bag to be honest. :D

Got me one, the 16gb version. Got the open box from the local store, they had no more afterwards.

The thing is amazing, why in HELL did it not sell!?!?

Because its not an iPad, personally i think WebOS has some brilliant features even some that Windows Phone 7 are copying with Mango like task managing with the 'cards'. Shame they killed WebOS though, maybe/hopefully they will make it open source.

For the people trying to get them at Wal-Mart, the managers at those stores are a flippin joke and the don't give a damn about the customer. We have the Store Manager and 2 Assistant Managers trying to help us and I don't think they could have found there way out of a wet paper bag to be honest. :D

I had one WalMart store over the phone, and one my friend went to in person, tell us that they were pulling them for the managers to buy. So, yeah, seems to be a nationwide trend that WalMart managers are general cuntbag *******s.

Checked at Staples, and they were still listed at full price. $499 for the 32 GB. Didn't see any prices listed for the 16 GB.

I had one WalMart store over the phone, and one my friend went to in person, tell us that they were pulling them for the managers to buy. So, yeah, seems to be a nationwide trend that WalMart managers are general cuntbag *******s.

I completely agree and as far as I know they are not allowed to do that and you can call corporate on them for that. They are not allowed to purchase item while on the clock and they are not allowed to hold a item if a guest wants to purchase the item. I think I am about done shopping at Wal-Mart after today's bull****.

Everywhere is sold out around me.... except the walmart. I call their electronics and this is what I get:

Mexican Lady: " 'ello?"

Me: "Hi, do you have any HP Touchpads in stock"

Mexican Lady: "I look" and then I wait for 5-10 minutes in silence and she never comes back.

sigh..walmart :/

I completely agree and as far as I know they are not allowed to do that and you can call corporate on them for that. They are not allowed to purchase item while on the clock and they are not allowed to hold a item if a guest wants to purchase the item. I think I am about done shopping at Wal-Mart after today's bull****.

I may just do that, normally I could careless, but I try to avoid WalMart like the plague if at all possible. I have never liked the way the business is ran. I wouldn't mind trying to get a couple of **** managers demoted, fired, or just yelled at. :devil:

I may just do that, normally I could careless, but I try to avoid WalMart like the plague if at all possible. I have never liked the way the business is ran. I wouldn't mind trying to get a couple of **** managers demoted, fired, or just yelled at. :devil:

Keep me posted :p