Maybe the best skeptic can explain this for me...

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine about Alien life and UFO's etc and I told him about a few of the conversations I have had on here. I explained to him that I feel like the website is filled with "educated" articulate idiots. I put quotations on educated because they have some sort of schooling but they are really idiots in my opinion. I don't think they realize that the true path to real knowledge is keeping an open mind. We aren't talking about purple unicorns here. We are talking about something tangible. No I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I'm just saying how I feel and not pointing any fingers. One of my reasons for feeling the way I do is because of this intelligent life debate. With the infinite number of galaxies and universes only and idiot would think there is nothing else out there but they don't seem to see how foolish their argument is. If we ARE the only ones, we must be special paving the way for a religious debate. If we AREN'T the only ones then, well that explains alot. Then you have the argument of "If there is intelligent life, they can't travel faster than the speed of light so they can't get here." Say's who? We didn't think we could travel faster than the speed of sound but we have. At one point we didn't think we could make fire, point is? But let me get to the matter at hand and what I need help with...

If aliens do not exist, how did the ancient Sumerians know what our solar system looked like? Anyone care to explain? How did they accurately describe the color of Uranus? How about the Sumerian Tablets of Creation?

See, I'm in search of knowledge in a real way. If I could do my life over again I would really dedicate it to learning. If anyone can give me an explanation for the questions I have asked I would really appreciate it. Maybe it's swamp gas...

For those that have no idea what I am talking about...

Thanks! And again, I mean no disrespect, just saying what's on my heart and mind.

Edit: And I only put this in this section because it will be moved here anyway. Even though everything I put here is fact and can be backed up. :blink:

I understand your point. out of the infinite number of galaxy's there must be other life its just logical. I believe there is aliens out there even if its just a type of slug I will be happy with. I don't think aliens have visited, who knows god could be peoples interpatation of a more advanced being which has been warped over the ages. You will never know.

Something tangible? You did not present any tangible evidence. That video means absolutely nothing. Many people reject God because he is not tangible. I reject the theory of alien life for that very reason. If I see one in person, up close, I will believe aliens exist.

There is no definitive proof that the symbols the video suggest as the sun and 10 planets is even that. Where is the evidence that anything in the video is based in truth? What tablets were they basing this information off of? What tablets claimed to have said the info about Uranus? You cant just post a video asking skeptics to explain or debunk without posting the info on what the story based on. I just want to see proof that said tablets are even being decoded or understood correctly in the first place.

... that the true path to real knowledge is keeping an open mind.

Then you have the argument of "If there is intelligent life, they can't travel faster than the speed of light so they can't get here." Say's who?

If aliens do not exist, how did the ancient Sumerians know what our solar system looked like? Anyone care to explain? How did they accurately describe the color of Uranus? How about the Sumerian Tablets of Creation?

Thanks! And again, I mean no disrespect, just saying what's on my heart and mind.

Congrats on having an open mind.

The speed of Light is not the limit. There is an even larger Electromagnetic spectrum.

Even some of today's scientists recognize that Space could be warped, and that craft could travel millions of miles in relatively short periods.

Bob Lazar has testified working on government held craft that do just that.

John Lear backs up this thinking.

Aliens have visited Earth for a very long time, mostly to observe.

There is also some influence of 'future' humans who have traveled thru Time -- especially in Egypt.

These travelers, rather than trying to change specific events, try to uplift the knowledge and beliefs of the people, in order to advance Humans of their 'Past'.

Sumerians can be largely explained by the fact the 'current' civilization is not the first -- despite its Ego to believe so.

There have been other civilizations which have either destroyed themselves, or evolved, and moved on.

We are not the One & Only.

There is evidence out there to these facts, if you care to go look.

And it also depends on what you will accept as proof.

Many people scoff at anything, simply because it does not fit in with their personal Belief system.

And so they block out what could convince themselves.

And as for disrespect, there are several 'skeptics' on here who simply swallow anything the 'god of Science' tells them.

"I did not learn that in college", or "such-and-such authority did not say that", or "we don't have that Technology, therefore it must be Impossible".

They have no ability to think for themselves, nor the fortitude to go out and examine the evidence, that could lead them to different conclusions.

Don't worry about thinking differently than your friend.

Ultimately, each person must find the truth for themselves.

If the blind wish to remain blind, so be it. ;)

Firstly, we are just assuming that tablet depicts the solar system. Secondly, even if the sumerians did in fact draw that to depict the solar system, how do make the leap in logic from them knowing about the solar system to accepting that aliens visited earth?

Maybe their god told them about the solar system. Does that tablet now prove god's existance? Maybe an advanced species of unicorn which originated from earth who are capable of space travel told them about the solar system. Does the tablet now prove the existence of super-advanced space unicorns?

I just find it odd that even people like Bob Lazar who "claimed" to have worked on these projects, can only provide their "word" as proof. And usually when people hear the word "testified" they generally think under oath in the court of law, something Lazar never did.

I believe there's life out there besides us. The universe is far too massive for our planet to be the only one with life on it surely..

I often wonder if there are human-like beings on other planets that wonder about the existence of us! Weird to think about, but it seems pretty probable to me :laugh:

I'm with @mudslag. That said, being a trained scientist - as in, trained in the application of the scientific method in proving/disproving stuff as well as currently working to be awarded the coveted "Master of Science", I need to see much much more than I have been thus far - to be convinced that the Earth has or is being visited.

An uneducated person is more likely to believe things passed their way rather than reasoning things out through hard-evidence and critical thinking. Therefore, I believe in extra-terrestrial life via such methods as the Drake Equation but that's as far as it goes. There is no and I mean no solid evidence, nor has there been thus far, that we are being watched, visited or have been either of those by some form(s) of life other than our own.

Thanks to the OP though for calling those of with a more critical thought process as "educated" and articulate idiots was it? Sounds like C's critical thinking stops at Youtube.

I feel like the website is filled with "educated" articulate idiots. I put quotations on educated because they have some sort of schooling but they are really idiots in my opinion. I don't think they realize that the true path to real knowledge is keeping an open mind.

So an open mind means agreeing with you? :D

You know, we're open to ideas. But sometimes it's wise not to just blindly accept everything that comes your way, what you accept as evidence the "educated" amongst us examine and scrutinise. Which, do you think, is the more intelligent approach?

We are talking about something that is, in my opinion, tangible. No I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I'm just saying how I feel and not pointing any fingers, except at everyone in the following thread that disagrees. One of my reasons for feeling the way I do is because of this intelligent life debate. With the infinite number of galaxies and universes only and (just highlighting the irony of you mistyping a word, directly before calling people who disagree with you idiots) idiot would think there is nothing else out there but they don't seem to see how foolish their argument is. If we ARE the only ones, we must be special paving the way for a religious debate (How exactly is that automatically a religious debate? We could simultaneously be unique and inconsequential without a god). If we AREN'T the only ones then, well that explains a lot (Explains a lot of what, exactly?). Then you have the argument of "If there is intelligent life, they can't travel faster than the speed of light so they can't get here." Say's who? We didn't think we could travel faster than the speed of sound but we have. At one point we didn't think we could make fire, point is? But let me get to the matter at hand and what I need help with...

This is an argument I really dislike. If only because it is used solely by those that do not understand the first thing about science. Ever hear the quote beginning, there are things we know? The difference between us and a caveman is that there are things we know we know. Our methodology has changed, it has become considerably more... methodical. There are, admittedly, gaps in our knowledge, hopefully there will always be gaps in our knowledge, but there are areas that are nigh on immutable.

Hum claims FTL travel is possible by bending space, and it certainly is if you have an infinite amount of energy and don't mind violating causality. Like the standard, good old star trek warp drive. It works perfectly well as long as you have both an amount of energy equivalent to the mass of multiple universes and a method of controlling such a ridiculous amount of power.

The problem isn't with the science, or gaps in our knowledge, it's with people who can't accept that science has moved beyond blindly guessing in order to make predictions on what is and isn't possible.

(as for the guy that claims he worked on them, maybe he could just us down a few notes? Maybe some revolutionary mathematics? Hey, he could win the nobel while he's at it. Unless he can't because of that non-disclosure stuff... It's a pity he can't disclose any top secret evidence that backs up all the claims concerning his disclosure of the top secret craft... oh wait.)

See, I'm in search of knowledge in a real way. If I could do my life over again I would really dedicate it to learning. If anyone can give me an explanation for the questions I have asked I would really appreciate it. Maybe it's swamp gas...

There are some good possible answers to that above, once you provide a few genuine links to papers on this stone tablet research I'm sure we'll all be happy to chip in with more accurate replies. In the meantime, you want us to speculate on something someone posted on youtube that may or may not be true, could be missing important points, context etc.?

You may call us close minded idiots for it, but I find the idea of someone believing random things they find on youtube really quite disturbing.

Ok, just did a bit of research on these tablets. If you meant the Enki tablets, they don't actually exist. And judging from what is said in that video it is almost definitely getting all it's information from the Enki tablets.

Their existence, and translation, is based on a work of fiction called the lost book of enki: something something extraterrestrial god. That's why no matter how hard you search the only translations you will ever find are on youtube or the odd few conspiracy sites. Apparently the guy also translated some genuine tablets that all supported his ideas, because he quoted them out of context and mistranslated them to suit himself.

The only real tablet I see there just has a collection of dots around something they have assumed represents the sun. Then they've gone "oh, look, there's exactly the same number of dots as the number of planets orbiting the sun plus one". That must mean science is wrong and there's an extra planet.

Hint: Maybe it means they're just random dots put there because a single circle looks stupid and no one had thought of using straight lines going outwards to represent sunbeams yet? There's also a V beneath the sun, should we also be concerned by this giant floating letter we have orbiting our sun?

*EDIT: Apparently the translation of that tablet (The tablet is called Seal VA 243 by the way) is "you are his servant". The depiction is not of a sun, it is of stars. There have also been hundreds of Sumerian tablets translated that do depict the sun: all of them show that the Sumerians knew about only five planets.

/Thread.

• 2 weeks later...

The speed of Light is not the limit. There is an even larger Electromagnetic spectrum.

<snip>

There is also some influence of 'future' humans who have traveled thru Time -- especially in Egypt.

<snip>

"There is an even larger Electromagnetic spectrum." - Since the electromagnetic spectrum is just different frequencies of EMR, there's no reason why it doesn't continue to higher and lower frequencies, so I don't see why that requires an open mind to accept.

"There is also some influence of 'future' humans who have traveled thru Time -- especially in Egypt." - Backwards time travel is paradoxical.

"Aliens have visited Earth for a very long time, mostly to observe."

"There is also some influence of 'future' humans who have traveled thru Time -- especially in Egypt."

Sure, and there is an invisible intangible unicorn which is tea-bagging you right now. What, don't believe me? You can't disprove it, therefore it must be true.

are you saying that an stone-age culture travel from the earth to the universe? :laugh:

Maybe they were making that table when they were high as **** and draw some **** that might be a solar system alike, which is not.

• 2 weeks later...

uhm... infinite (which is questionable) galaxies does not logically mean there is intelligent life.

I believe you have confused "probable" with "logical".

Bingo. We can say because of the amount of planets or galaxies it's possible and maybe even probably, but it's not a given. You need to have the evidence to make any statements about alien life existing. My dad and I always have this argument.

If we ARE the only ones, we must be special paving the way for a religious debate.

Why does it mean we're special? We'd be unique in the galaxy but it wouldn't suggest we were put here on purpose or by a creator.

Asking for evidence and basing your belief in something because of that evidence isn't close minded, it's how you form valid opinions and ideas.

There is also some influence of 'future' humans who have traveled thru Time
John Titor?
And usually when people hear the word "testified" they generally think under oath in the court of law, something Lazar never did.
Even under oath you can lie.

• 5 weeks later...

Even some of today's scientists recognize that Space could be warped, and that craft could travel millions of miles in relatively short periods.

Bob Lazar has testified working on government held craft that do just that.

John Lear backs up this thinking.

These travelers, rather than trying to change specific events, try to uplift the knowledge and beliefs of the people, in order to advance Humans of their 'Past'.

Sumerians can be largely explained by the fact the 'current' civilization is not the first -- despite its Ego to believe so.

There have been other civilizations which have either destroyed themselves, or evolved, and moved on.

We are not the One & Only.

There is evidence out there to these facts, if you care to go look.

And it also depends on what you will accept as proof.

Many people scoff at anything, simply because it does not fit in with their personal Belief system.

And so they block out what could convince themselves.

And as for disrespect, there are several 'skeptics' on here who simply swallow anything the 'god of Science' tells them.

"I did not learn that in college", or "such-and-such authority did not say that", or "we don't have that Technology, therefore it must be Impossible".

They have no ability to think for themselves, nor the fortitude to go out and examine the evidence, that could lead them to different conclusions.

Don't worry about thinking differently than your friend.

Ultimately, each person must find the truth for themselves.

If the blind wish to remain blind, so be it. wink.gif

+1

Hell

+10000!

Right there.

Yes, there has to be life out there probably millions of planets with life. If you shrunk the sun down to the size of a marble and put it on a street corner in Chicago, gues where the next closest star would be? In San Francisco!

and thats the distance between our sun and the closest star, and they are ALL spread out this far. So do I believe other life forms have visited us? NO the distances are just too far.

2nd How do we know we would recognize alien life or they would recognize us? If no one on earth was ever born with a sense of smell, and suddenly someone was, how would they explain to everyone what smell is?

The way we observe everything is by our senses. Smell, touch, sight, hearing etc.. What if they had totally diffirent senses that we couldnt even dream of?

Discernment is necessary since we can't be sure that our translation/interpretation of the seals and tablets are correct.

John Titor? Even under oath you can lie.

No, not refering to Titor.

Watch the full Bob Lazar video -- he comes across as truthful.

So an open mind means agreeing with you? biggrin.gif

You know, we're open to ideas. But sometimes it's wise not to just blindly accept everything that comes your way, what you accept as evidence the "educated" amongst us examine and scrutinise. Which, do you think, is the more intelligent approach?

You don't have to agree with anyone.

Feel free to think for yourself.

I know what my research and observations have led me to understand.

I know that there are other intelligent beings in our galaxy, that they can travel unimaginable distances, that other dimensions exist.

Do your own research, and reach your own conclusions.

If you want to believe that only Earth and us humans exist, that does not bother me in the least. ;)