I couldn't disagree more. In my opinion, the expansion should be free (yeah, I know they are a company and they want to make money, I don't care.)

I paid for 1.0 2 years ago and I never got to play it...

So because you chose not to play it you should get the expansion for free? Tell me how much sense does that make? Why would they give the game away for free to someone who never bothered to play the original?

So because you chose not to play it you should get the expansion for free? Tell me how much sense does that make? Why would they give the game away for free to someone who never bothered to play the original?

Tell me where I said that I never played the original.

$40 is overpriced. Period. Why?

The initial game was 4 acts and 5 classes for $60 ( so chopping it down it's about, say $7.50 per act, and $5 per class not including extra content).

Now, the new expansion is as follows:

- 1 new class ($5)

- 1 new act ($7.50)

- 10 more levels per class ($0.83 worth of additional content per class, so in total $5)
- A new mode which allows you to experience already existing content (I don't count this as really "new")

- Misc. items

All in all, that totals about to $17.50 worth of content give or take a few bucks. Maybe stretching it to $25 worth of content. I know this math is super rough, but honestly. $40? Seriously?

Blizzard is just a greedy company, and it's all too obvious that regardless of content every expansion they release is priced at $40.

Just to repeat: I started an "unofficial" Neowin community (diablo name is Nickerbocker).  Just search for "Neowin" in communities.  So far just Razorwing and I are in it.  If you join, be sure to also connect to the chat room (as this is not done automatically).

That's great!

I assume you did it on the American server. I'll check tonight if I can access it from Europe. Probably not...

Tell me where I said that I never played the original.

If that's not what you meant then I'm confused by what you mean when you said "I paid for 1.0 2 years ago and I never got to play it..."

I've been enjoying the expansion but I keep getting kicked out of the server, along with the rest of my party. It's getting pretty tedious.

I just noticed the announcement from Blizzard:

Diablo, World of Warcraft, StarCraft and Hearthstone players may be impacted by high latency and disconnections during their gaming experience that are the result of a series of DDoS attacks on certain European online services. Although Blizzard?s infrastructure isn?t targeted, the disruption effects rippled and have been felt by a portion of our players? population.

While we are closely monitoring the situation we wanted to thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

I've been enjoying the expansion but I keep getting kicked out of the server, along with the rest of my party. It's getting pretty tedious.

I just noticed the announcement from Blizzard:

yes, the servers were very busy over the weekend.

I've got a crap ton of legendary blacksmithing mats (adventurer's journal anyone?).  I've got a few 70 legendary and set piece blacksmith plans.

Nothing matches.  Can't make crap.

Damn you Blizz!!!

Really enjoying the game.  I think my hardcore wizard will be ready to play through Torment 1 this weekend.  After that, I will probably just level a Crusader.  Not sure I'm going to still be interested in the game after that to progress any further in Torment.

I can tell you my honest opinion and it's that the expansion is worth every penny. If I don't play it for another minute I've more than gotten my money out of it in the last week alone.

Agreed.

Why the original Diablo 3 game for PS3 digital version still at $59.99? I mean, a game that came out 6 months ago.

I'm sure you can find it used somewhere.

If that's not what you meant then I'm confused by what you mean when you said "I paid for 1.0 2 years ago and I never got to play it..."

His argument seems to be that Blizzard doesn't update the game with new content often enough while simultaneously saying he doesn't have any interest in the existing content.  He's just making his mark on every page in this thread...for lolz i guess.

The initial game was 4 acts and 5 classes for $60 ( so chopping it down it's about, say $7.50 per act, and $5 per class not including extra content).

- 1 new class ($5)

- 1 new act ($7.50)

- 10 more levels per class ($0.83 worth of additional content per class, so in total $5)

- A new mode which allows you to experience already existing content (I don't count this as really "new")

- Misc. items

All in all, that totals about to $17.50 worth of content give or take a few bucks. Maybe stretching it to $25 worth of content. I know this math is super rough, but honestly. $40? Seriously?

Blizzard is just a greedy company, and it's all too obvious that regardless of content every expansion they release is priced at $40.

When you break it down that way, I tend to agree.  I think I'd rather have smaller more frequent expansions coming in at $15-$25, myself.

Still, if its a game that interests you and keeps you entertained for hours on end then IMO it is worth the money.  dollar per hour of gameplay, I've found the expansion completely worth it.

- 1 new class ($5)

- 1 new act ($7.50)

- Misc. items

You forgot to include the cost for the always online and matchmaking components. Add that in, it's a steal.  :D

I was implying that Diablo 3 has essentially been in it's beta phase from the beginning of closed beta, though it's launch, and still to this day. I'm saying that it feels incomplete.

Through two years of "support" the only new content has been hellfire rings, which is a simple, copied system that becomes dull, repetitious, and hardly rewarding very quickly. Essentially every other patch note has been focused on correcting the game's problems from day 1 and bringing it closer to the typical standards of a 1.0 release. Two years after launch, I still feel that the base game falls well short of the standards that it's predecessor established.

I simply don't see the effort from this team. I was highly involved in D2 from it's non-exp launch; Whenever I visited the home page, I wasn't spammed with stupid junk like cosplay, fan art, and useless polls. It contained news, ideas, plans, thoughts... The good stuff. The stuff that actually requires effort and talent. Now they operate as if it's a twitter channel.

I've never had as much anticipation for a title as I did for D3. As a devoted Diablo fan and hardcore gamer, the casual nature of D3, coupled with the lack of effort, talent, and communication skills of the dev team that replaced Blizz North, is infuriating.

I would challenge Wyatt Chang to a fight, anytime, anyplace. I'm only 5'11", 165lbs, and not a fighter, but all I'd have to do is prep by playing D3 for a few hours and there would be no stopping the resulting fury and rage.

His argument seems to be that Blizzard doesn't update the game with new content often enough while simultaneously saying he doesn't have any interest in the existing content.  He's just making his mark on every page in this thread...for lolz i guess.

Pretty much, yes. As far as the "mark on every page", the page's aren't building all that quickly, I'm not commenting all that often. I open the thread to see if some new news has appeared, but it's always the same #### so I end up just thinking about how the game has failed.

You forgot to include the cost for the always online and matchmaking components. Add that in, it's a steal.  :D

I can't tell if this is sarcasm. If not, always on is generally considered to be horrible, the cost is only on the consumer there. High-speed internet is required to play, I don't care about their servers, Blizz has many and they forced it on themselves. As far as "matchmaking components", you must be thinking of something else, b/c D3 doesn't have any...

I was implying that Diablo 3 has essentially been in it's beta phase from the beginning of closed beta, though it's launch, and still to this day. I'm saying that it feels incomplete.

Through two years of "support" the only new content has been hellfire rings, which is a simple, copied system that becomes dull, repetitious, and hardly rewarding very quickly. Essentially every other patch note has been focused on correcting the game's problems from day 1 and bringing it closer to the typical standards of a 1.0 release. Two years after launch, I still feel that the base game falls well short of the standards that it's predecessor established.

I simply don't see the effort from this team. I was highly involved in D2 from it's non-exp launch; Whenever I visited the home page, I wasn't spammed with stupid junk like cosplay, fan art, and useless polls. It contained news, ideas, plans, thoughts... The good stuff. The stuff that actually requires effort and talent. Now they operate as if it's a twitter channel.

I've never had as much anticipation for a title as I did for D3. As a devoted Diablo fan and hardcore gamer, the casual nature of D3, coupled with the lack of effort, talent, and communication skills of the dev team that replaced Blizz North, is infuriating.

I would challenge Wyatt Chang to a fight, anytime, anyplace. I'm only 5'11", 165lbs, and not a fighter, but all I'd have to do is prep by playing D3 for a few hours and there would be no stopping the resulting fury and rage.

Pretty much, yes. As far as the "mark on every page", the page's aren't building all that quickly, I'm not commenting all that often. I open the thread to see if some new news has appeared, but it's always the same #### so I end up just thinking about how the game has failed.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm. If not, always on is generally considered to be horrible, the cost is only on the consumer there. High-speed internet is required to play, I don't care about their servers, Blizz has many and they forced it on themselves. As far as "matchmaking components", you must be thinking of something else, b/c D3 doesn't have any...

None of that explains why you feel you're entitled to the expansion for free.

And  :rofl: @ wanting to fight the guy because you don't like how the game has been developed.

I paid the $40 happily. Already got my moneys worth out of it and I'll be loving it even more when they get around to buffing the crusader.

None of that explains why you feel you're entitled to the expansion for free.

Pretty much all that I've done is explain to this reason.

"in it's beta phase from the beginning of closed beta, though it's launch, and still to this day. I'm saying that it feels incomplete"

Considering I paid $60 for 1.0, and I don't feel like I ever played a 1.0, is enough in itself.

You, and anyone else, are welcome to like it, and I'm sure that many people do.

However, I, and many like me, will remain disgusted with the title for the foreseeable future.

Sadly there is no pleasing everyone.

Am I happy that the content costs as much as it does. not really but i am more than willing to pay it because A) The developer is fantastic and does a very good job and B) i like the games.

• Like 3

I would say the big smiley at the end pretty much denoted I was being sarcastic. You're preaching to the choir about the grief with the always online component. I live in rural NW Minnesota and while I do have high speed internet, latency and access are big issues up here, especially if I want to go to a lake cabin and play but have not Internet access there.

Pretty much all that I've done is explain to this reason.

"in it's beta phase from the beginning of closed beta, though it's launch, and still to this day. I'm saying that it feels incomplete"

Considering I paid $60 for 1.0, and I don't feel like I ever played a 1.0, is enough in itself.

You, and anyone else, are welcome to like it, and I'm sure that many people do.

However, I, and many like me, will remain disgusted with the title for the foreseeable future.

I recommend not wasting your time on it anymore and moving on with life.  But you'll probably just give us another update tomorrow about how you still hate Diablo 3.  Click goes the broken record.

I shelved my Barb a while ago, pre Loot 2.0.  Got expansion, took Barb off shelf.  She was I think 55/56.  In less than an hour I had all completely new rares and four legendaries on, felt like a new character!  I have 4 pieces of armor that increase my main attack by 11% each.  The much better targeted specs on the items is really nice.  I started a Crusader got her to 21, a little meh so far but I heard they get better at higher levels.

Strongly disagree. I have no idea what you expect from games but it's clearly unreasonable. The amount of content in the game is massive and the support the game has received has been excellent.

Therein lies the problem. You had unrealistic expectations. I've enjoyed Diablo III since the beta and have played it a lot more than most games. There aren't any games that offer the same gameplay on the same scale. Torchlight 2 is a great game but it simply isn't as deep as Diablo III and that's pretty much it for the competition.

To think that Blizzard should simply give away the expansion isn't reasonable. Full stop.

• Like 3

The amount of content in the game is massive and the support the game has received has been excellent. There aren't any games that offer the same gameplay on the same scale. Torchlight 2 is a great game but it simply isn't as deep as Diablo III and that's pretty much it for the competition.

Your ignorance is shining brightly.

www.PathofExile.com

Standards have been set.

Look up Path of Exile. D3 is garbage.

My statement stands. Path of Exile isn't even close to the quality of Diablo III or Torchlight 2.

My statement stands. Path of Exile isn't even close to the quality of Diablo III or Torchlight 2.

Speaking of games that still reek of "beta" status.... lol.  No, seriously though.  I loved Path of Exile.  It was worth every penny.

Speaking of games that still reek of "beta" status.... lol.  No, seriously though.  I loved Path of Exile.  It was worth every penny.

If it was worth every penny, and the game is free. that sums up my experience playing the game.