iOS5 GM now available

This is the SAME version that will go live next week right? I want to put this on my phone. I am not a Dev though.

EDIT: Will I have to do anything special to do this? And will this mess with iCloud?

For those using the new 10.5 betas in windows Just hold down the shift key when you click the restore button. It will give you the option to choose the file to restore.

When we say restore what we mean is you perform a backup of your phone (takes about 2-3 minutes in iTunes depending on the data on your phone) then you do a restore which completely wipes the phone. Then after it applies your backup and starts loading in your apps, photos, music, books and other data just like you had it before. You won't lose any data at all it just takes a bit longer than doing an update does.

On my 3GS it took about 5 minutes to install the OS another 40 seconds to put my backup back on the phone and then it took about an hour to put my songs, books, apps and other personal data on it. Your milage may vary depending on the amount of data you have.

I can confirm that the GM will install on my iPad 2 wifi without a dev account. Just need the firmware and the latest iTunes beta. Do a full restore. It took a little less than an hour to get everything loaded back on. I recommend not watching it.

Anyone try enabling iCloud that isn't a developer?

I tried with my MobileMe account (which is not the account i use with the apple store....), but it said I had to migrate my MobileMe account to an iCloud account on the web site. I went to the me.com website, but I couldn't find anything on migrating the account.

I tried my apple store account, and it threw up a bunch of language about how I'm suppose to be a developer and have read and agreed to the iOS developer blah blah blah. That scared me, so I backed off....

Wish I could just merge my MobileMe with my apple store email and stop using the @me.com email somehow.

This is the SAME version that will go live next week right? I want to put this on my phone. I am not a Dev though.

EDIT: Will I have to do anything special to do this? And will this mess with iCloud?

This is a GM and will not be the final next week. If you put this on plan on restoring again next week.

I'll wait for a JB to come out before installing

iOS 5 GM takes up 0.87 GB on my 16 GB iPhone 4. Acceptable :)

(snipped)

iOS 5 GM takes up 0.87 GB on my 16 GB iPhone 4. Acceptable :)

(snipped)

Thanks, been holding off for an untethered, as I am not a fan ot tethered.

So I bit the bullet and enabled iCloud on my Apple store account. It seemed to work OK, but wanted to merge the information pulled from my MobileMe account that I initially setup on the device.

After a few moments I received a "Your iCloud storage is almost full" asking me to purchase more iCloud storage after using a small portion of the 5GBs for backup. Mail App on OS X identified the email message as Junk Mail, rightfully so.

Lots of apps are failing to restore - there appears to be no pattern to which ones.

Any ideas?

Prob cause they havent been updated to work with 5 yet

This is a GM and will not be the final next week. If you put this on plan on restoring again next week.

The Grand Master is just like an RTM.